PDA

View Full Version : Firearms Training in Santa Fe, NM

mack7.62
09-28-19, 11:18
I have a relative located in Santa Fe in need of some basic SD training, at this time they are not interested in anything extensive, just some basic familiarization and maybe a couple of range trips. Handgun and shotgun would be about all, anyone know of a good place?

And yes I know this is not enough to build any kind of proficiency but hopefully it will prime the well so too speak.

TIA

ace4059
09-28-19, 23:34
Not sure if they are willing to travel, but I just searched NRA training classes. There was one yesterday in Raton and a defensive pistol class in Pueblo Colorado today. So there are classes going on if they are willing to drive a 3 or 4 hours each way, just keep an eye out for them.
Maybe call the local gun ranges. They may know of creditable individuals that are good teachers.

Esq.
09-29-19, 13:21
Not sure if they are willing to travel, but I just searched NRA training classes. There was one yesterday in Raton and a defensive pistol class in Pueblo Colorado today. So there are classes going on if they are willing to drive a 3 or 4 hours each way, just keep an eye out for them.
Maybe call the local gun ranges. They may know of creditable individuals that are good teachers.

Yea, NRA Whittington Center has regular basic courses in Raton. Thats honestly your best bet.

baffle Stack
10-13-19, 12:06
The local community college has CCW and basic pistol training for women. Page 24 here:
https://www.sfcc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Fall2019_CEsched_web_final.7-22.pdf