PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC OC poll

WillBrink
09-30-19, 14:28
While I'm not a big fan of OC, of course I voted yes. Vote:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-you-think-people-should-be-allowed-carry-guns-public?

jpmuscle
09-30-19, 14:39
It makes no mention of OC though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountainRaven
09-30-19, 15:04
Yeah, this isn't a, "Do you think people should be allowed to openly carry guns in public?" poll, it's a, "Do you think people should be allowed to carry guns at all in public?" poll.

WillBrink
09-30-19, 15:09
It makes no mention of OC though.

That's how I read it, but that does mean much. Even more reason to mess up their idiotic poll!

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-30-19, 21:07
Intentionally written to do three things:

Split the 2A vote between two of the three choices, ensuring 'No' has highest total.
Needlessly adding the 'redneck' 2A comment in option 1
CCW is legal, why are we 'voting' on it? How about a survey on taking away women's right to vote if we are going to take away people's rights by internet poll.

SteyrAUG
09-30-19, 23:26
TOS is already tracking this poll and MSNBC has already reset it when they weren't getting the numbers they hoped for.

Whiskey_Bravo
10-01-19, 07:28
TOS is already tracking this poll and MSNBC has already reset it when they weren't getting the numbers they hoped for.

Yep. Before the reset the yes vote was winning by a huge margin.

SteyrAUG
10-01-19, 19:34
Yep. Before the reset the yes vote was winning by a huge margin.

And all they have to do is add the "polls aren't scientific" disclaimer and then present it as journalism, then they can cite the polls as representative of public opinion which helps them form support for legislation. That this scam actually works just reinforces my opinion that most people are incredibly stupid.