PDA

View Full Version : Will Napster songs worj with an iPod?

No Bananas
11-15-08, 12:19
Sorry, I don't know much on this stuff. I know, I'm late getting with it. I just found out that some years ago I was signed up for a rewards CC program, now I've got a ton of points and one of the items is an iPod Classic (80 GB). However, for the last four years I'vce been dowloading songs/music from Napster and just burning them to CDs. Can I download/transfer/whatever the 350 plus songs that I already have on Napster to an iPod? Thanks.

GLP Standard
11-15-08, 12:23
Sorry, I don't know much on this stuff. I know, I'm late getting with it. I just found out that some years ago I was signed up for a rewards CC program, now I've got a ton of points and one of the items is an iPod Classic (80 GB). However, for the last four years I'vce been dowloading songs/music from Napster and just burning them to CDs. Can I download/transfer/whatever the 350 plus songs that I already have on Napster to an iPod? Thanks.

Don't feel bad. Ive never even owned an MP3 player. I still rock cd's too. Ive been thinking of getting with the 2000's and buying an Ipod for a change, but havent gotten around to it.

To answer your question, I dont see why they wont work. I think as long as its an MP3 file it will transfer right onto the Ipod from your PC. I know Napster charges (atleast I think they do) after the whole Metallica vs Napster thing in 2000 or whenever it was, so they may have some time of copyright protection. Not sure how that works. Why do you use Napster anyway? Why not just use Limewire? Ive used it for years and never had a problem. Everyone says that the files on Limewire are all corrupt and everything, but ive never had an issue downloading music from Limewire. Its when you download videos that you get into corrupt files, but ive also found that if you pick a file that is of the right type (of course) and has the total length listed (some do, some dont) that you will be fine downloading videos from LW as well.

exitinyourhead
11-15-08, 12:59

yep, as long as they are .mp3 there is no issue, should work in just about everything. If for some reason they aren't in mp3 format, you can burn the files into an audio cd and then just rip them back into itunes afterwords. I'm pretty sure they will work just fine though.

M1A2_Tanker
11-15-08, 13:19
http://www.ephpod.com/

This is a program that is better than iTunes. it will allow you to use any format/programs music. as well as you are not restricted to haveing your iPod synced to only on pc at a time like iTunes does. There may be other's that may or may not be better but this is what I know of and use.

I got a used iPod nano and it came loaded with Nine Inch Nails discology and iTunes told me that it was already synced to another pc and to add music i would have to wipe out everything on it to resync it to my pc. ephpod allowed me to copy it all to my pc .