PDA

View Full Version : US Made Glocks GTG?

dirkmagurk
10-15-19, 07:04
Recently shot a friends current 2019 production G19.3 made in the USA and it is one of the best shooting stock Glocks I have shot. The trigger is amazingly clean with no grit and a light crisp break. What have all your experiences been with the USA Glocks? Is this just the norm for the newer production gen 3 pistols?

Eurodriver
10-15-19, 07:39
I probably have two dozen Glock 19s. I stopped counting after 15. All Gens 2-5, some US made and most Austrian made, FDE, BF green, black.

I can tell you the newer ones are nicer than the older ones, any 6 digit serial number Gen4 is gonna have BTF, and the Gen5 is the best handgun ever made...

But I have never noticed a difference in country of origin.

Do you live in California? Odd that someone would have a recent production Gen3 19 otherwise unless you collect them.

RWH24
10-15-19, 08:47
I probably have two dozen Glock 19s. I stopped counting after 15. All Gens 2-5, some US made and most Austrian made, FDE, BF green, black.

I can tell you the newer ones are nicer than the older ones, any 6 digit serial number Gen4 is gonna have BTF, and the Gen5 is the best handgun ever made...

Do you live in California? Odd that someone would have a recent production Gen3 19 otherwise unless you collect them.

It is a Kali Compliant Glock. GT Distributors sells them. Currently OOS
https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/glock-19-fixed-sights-9mm-commercial-2-15rd-mags.html
In Stock
https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/glock-17-fixed-sights-9mm-commercial-2-17rd-mags.html
OOS
https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/glock-34-tac-long-slide-9mm-civilian.html

They also offer Gen 3 Blue Label guns

Firefly
10-15-19, 11:04
OMFG YES!

They are made exact same way. HK 41x rifles are American in the sense that some pregnant German girl flying to America to drop a puppy’s baby is “American”.

German stuff “finished” here. But that’s HK.

I wouldn’t even care.

Per BTF. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened just not to me.

dirkmagurk
10-15-19, 11:17

Never lived in or will live in California. I have a few gen 5 guns and I do appreciate most of the changes theyÂ’ve made. Having said that I still run my gen 3 pistols for work and carry as do most of my coworkers. The gen 2/3 IMO have the best triggers for the way I shoot, I appreciate having a defined wall and crisp predictable break, especially for making longer distance precision shots vs the more rolling type of break of the gen 5. I hate the finger grooves but after I remove them texture the grip and add a grip force adapter the gen 3 is my preferred gen.

JeffM.
10-15-19, 11:19

It is a Kali Compliant Glock.

CA does not allow US made guns, only the original Austrian made Gen3 models.

Extremely stupid, but because they’re not *EXACTLY* the same as the original models tested and approved, they’re not allowed for non-LE new dealer sales.

Beyond stupid.

jesuvuah
10-15-19, 11:20
I just picked up a gen 5 mos 19 and it throws brass better than any other Glock I have owned

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

26 Inf
10-15-19, 14:48
Per BTF. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened just not to me.

Funny, we never had issues with the vast majority of our students, either. If they were bouncing spent cases off their face/bill of cap it was because of issues in fundamentals that we were generally able to correct.

I didn't know it was a thing until I read about it on the internet. I can imagine the convo between the Glock engineers - 'Hans, Gott im Himmel, what are we going to do so those limp-wristed Americans won't have BTF'

Assuming it does exist, I wonder if the reason we didn't have troubles was because we shot 147gr spec'ed to Federal HydroShock, and most recently, 124gr.

My load for GSSF is so light brass just dribbles out of my 19X, still functions every time, though.

Eurodriver
10-15-19, 15:16
Funny, we never had issues with the vast majority of our students, either. If they were bouncing spent cases off their face/bill of cap it was because of issues in fundamentals that we were generally able to correct.

I didn't know it was a thing until I read about it on the internet. I can imagine the convo between the Glock engineers - 'Hans, Gott im Himmel, what are we going to do so those limp-wristed Americans won't have BTF'

Assuming it does exist, I wonder if the reason we didn't have troubles was because we shot 147gr spec'ed to Federal HydroShock, and most recently, 124gr.

My load for GSSF is so light brass just dribbles out of my 19X, still functions every time, though.

I thought it was voodoo too, but I have a first year Gen4 SN SARxxx and you can shoot whichever ammo you wish through it. I’ll watch the brass bounce off your face and ask you what’s wrong with your fundamentals.

Then I will hand you a dozen other bone stock G19s and claim your fundamentals have been fixed.

This was never an issue before the Gen4 release and it isn’t an issue with Gen5s. It’s not like people just forgot how to hold a Glock from 2010-2018.

RWH24
10-15-19, 16:42
I thought it was voodoo too, but I have a first year Gen4 SN SARxxx and you can shoot whichever ammo you wish through it. I’ll watch the brass bounce off your face and ask you what’s wrong with your fundamentals.

Then I will hand you a dozen other bone stock G19s and claim your fundamentals have been fixed.

This was never an issue before the Gen4 release and it isn’t an issue with Gen5s. It’s not like people just started forgot to hold a Glock from 2010-2018.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY...kinda like, Look that up in your Funk n Wagnal

RWH24
10-15-19, 16:42
DELETE, Duplicate

NOW THAT IS FUNNY...kinda like, Look that up in your Funk n Wagnal

.223Pound
10-15-19, 17:23
The answer is simple.
One is made in the USA.
The other in Austria.

Other than that they are both Glock.
No parts differences.

Slater
10-15-19, 18:11
I think that "Austria" just looks cooler on the slide.

ndmiller
10-15-19, 20:44
So I have a Gen3 G19 with tens of thousands of rounds through it. Have the sights setup up as I like (MMC adj rear, Tritium Front) and am very comfortable with shooting it and all aspects of weapons manipulation with it. Have a Gen3 G26 and 17L with same sight setup and they all shoot the same POA/POI I have shot for decades. Taken numerous classes with G19 and when it failed once (user error not locktiting new tritium front and it left said front), G26 stepped in as backup for the next 2 days no issues.

Is a Gen5 going to be a significantly better with all the "improvements" or just better on paper with prior glock experience determining real amount of improvement. For example, fantastic second coming of the messiah if you're coming off BTF Glock, but for me just better on paper with slight real world improvements.

.223Pound
10-16-19, 01:36
I think that "Austria" just looks cooler on the slide.

Cooler ? how? they are literally the same gun.

Eurodriver
10-16-19, 06:28
So I have a Gen3 G19 with tens of thousands of rounds through it. Have the sights setup up as I like (MMC adj rear, Tritium Front) and am very comfortable with shooting it and all aspects of weapons manipulation with it. Have a Gen3 G26 and 17L with same sight setup and they all shoot the same POA/POI I have shot for decades. Taken numerous classes with G19 and when it failed once (user error not locktiting new tritium front and it left said front), G26 stepped in as backup for the next 2 days no issues.

Is a Gen5 going to be a significantly better with all the "improvements" or just better on paper with prior glock experience determining real amount of improvement. For example, fantastic second coming of the messiah if you're coming off BTF Glock, but for me just better on paper with slight real world improvements.

I don’t think the Gen5 is going to be done magical pistol. But it sounds like you only have one G19. You need more. Get some Gen5s and sell off the 26 and 17! :)

If I were recommending someone to a handgun it would always be the Gen5 G19 (over a Gen3 or 4) But I wouldn’t recommend someone buy one to replace a well functioning 3 that they are comfortable with.

I find the 5 trigger way better. It’s more accurate (I am hitting IPSCs a 150 yards like it’s child’s play) My only gripe is that it has parts that are not compatible with prior generations.

Arik
10-16-19, 06:33

Depends. Like you I use a 19.3 for carry and a 17.3 for class. Accurate, reliable guns. However, as a lefty doing malfunction drills that require the slide locking back is a 3 handed affair. May as well just start throwing rocks, it'll be faster. The 5th gens come with ambi slide stops. Faster on reload not to mention malfunctions.

Actually pisses me off that they couldn't have done that on the 43X

Cooler ? how? they are literally the same gun.

He means the word "AUSTRIA" stamped on the to slide looks cooler to him vs the word "U.S.A"

I still want to get a gen 5. Just waiting till they're out a bit longer.

Eurodriver
10-16-19, 08:20
Why do you guys run two different guns? The 19 is great for classes, CCW, night vision, everything. It is the perfect handgun.

robbins290
10-16-19, 08:48
I have 6 glocks, ALL gen 3 and one gen4. The one USA made has a different coating on the slide. Looks like the same type of finish. Just the color is slightly off. But just as durable as the other ones. Tho one is a very old gen 22 with the frying pan finish.

.223Pound
10-16-19, 09:09
Depends. Like you I use a 19.3 for carry and a 17.3 for class. Accurate, reliable guns. However, as a lefty doing malfunction drills that require the slide locking back is a 3 handed affair. May as well just start throwing rocks, it'll be faster. The 5th gens come with ambi slide stops. Faster on reload not to mention malfunctions.

Actually pisses me off that they couldn't have done that on the 43X

He means the word "AUSTRIA" stamped on the to slide looks cooler to him vs the word "U.S.A"

I still want to get a gen 5. Just waiting till they're out a bit longer.

Austria Stamp is more cooler than the U.S.A, wow where is our sense of pride.

Arik
10-16-19, 09:20
Austria Stamp is more cooler than the U.S.A, wow where is our sense of pride.I don't know nor care where his pride is. It's just how I understood his post.

Arik
10-16-19, 09:31
Why do you guys run two different guns? The 19 is great for classes, CCW, night vision, everything. It is the perfect handgun.I don't know, kinda worked out that way. When I started carrying in 01 it was with full size guns. Back then I didn't even know there were different sizes. When I eventually made it over to Glocks I started with the 22 then the 17. So it originally was my carry gun. When shooting all day the longer grip of the 17 feels more natural. Can't explain it. 19s are great guns and I should use it more in class.

26 Inf
10-16-19, 14:06
I have 6 glocks, ALL gen 3 and one gen4. The one USA made has a different coating on the slide. Looks like the same type of finish. Just the color is slightly off. But just as durable as the other ones. Tho one is a very old gen 22 with the frying pan finish.

In one of my first Glock Armorer's Courses they told us the tennifer finish applied by Glock Austria was not able to be applied in the US due to EPA regs. Unknown if this is true information, just what we were told.

I never really paid attention, I have 9 Glocks plus a 24C upper, all are from Austria, even the 19X and the 43.

I actually prefer Gen 2's they function fine for me, and I don't have to shave off finger grooves, biggest downside, no light rails.

I have a G22 Gen2 that went through 300 to 400 rounds a month from 1993 until I plunked in a 9mm conversion barrel about 2010, from that point on the frame saw on average about 1,000 a month until I switched to an M&P 2.0, then a G19X. Still going strong, flawless whenever I shoot it. Rails are fine. Still using original locking block.

TL:DR - Glock = GTG

26 Inf
10-16-19, 14:07
I don't know, kinda worked out that way. When I started carrying in 01 it was with full size guns. Back then I didn't even know there were different sizes. When I eventually made it over to Glocks I started with the 22 then the 17. So it originally was my carry gun. When shooting all day the longer grip of the 17 feels more natural. Can't explain it. 19s are great guns and I should use it more in class.

You need a 19X.

Arik
10-16-19, 15:10
You need a 19X.Eh. I mean I'm not against it but it's kinda pointless. I already have a 17 and the grip is the hardest thing to conceal. Besides there is a good point to Euro's post. It's great for carry and simultaneously good enough for using in class. When both come together you can be very confident with what you carry

RWH24
10-16-19, 15:34
In my LEO last 17 years on duty I was issued a Sig P226. After retirement I picked up an M&P9 1.0 FS. Long grip and 17 rounds. Then the Gen 5 Glocks came along and I was amazed. I picked up a 17 and 19.5. When the G45 came out, I dumped the 17. I have retired my Shield for a G43x.
The 4", 4.25 & 4.4 are what I am accustomed to. The 17 and the M&P 5" are ok but not for me. Now a 1911?? 5" all day, every day.
It's what we get used to and comfortable with. The M&P 2.0 Compact does not feel as good in hand as a G19.5.
Like the old saying goes..."IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!"

Aaron Cowan carries a G17 with RMR, AIWB for EDC. Just not ME.

Arik
10-16-19, 15:40
In my LEO last 17 years on duty I was issued a Sig P226. After retirement I picked up an M&P9 1.0 FS. Long grip and 17 rounds. Then the Gen 5 Glocks came along and I was amazed. I picked up a 17 and 19.5. When the G45 came out, I dumped the 17. I have retired my Shield for a G43x.
The 4", 4.25 & 4.4 are what I am accustomed to. The 17 and the M&P 5" are ok but not for me. Now a 1911?? 5" all day, every day.
It's what we get used to and comfortable with. The M&P 2.0 Compact does not feel as good in hand as a G19.5.
Like the old saying goes..."IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!"

Aaron Cowan carries a G17 with RMR, AIWB for EDC. Just not ME.Can I ask what difference the barrel/slide make? I get the grip....can be harder/easier to conceal, more/less comfortable to hold/shoot. But the slide/barrel length?

26 Inf
10-16-19, 18:30
Eh. I mean I'm not against it but it's kinda pointless. I already have a 17 and the grip is the hardest thing to conceal. Besides there is a good point to Euro's post. It's great for carry and simultaneously good enough for using in class. When both come together you can be very confident with what you carry

I agree, wasn't thinking of CCW - my 19X replaced my M&P2.0 as my production gun for action pistol.

flenna
10-16-19, 19:24
I have a porcelain Glock 7 that was made in Germany.

RWH24
10-17-19, 12:14
Can I ask what difference the barrel/slide make? I get the grip....can be harder/easier to conceal, more/less comfortable to hold/shoot. But the slide/barrel length?

The way the gun rides on the belt, sitting, squatting or certain movements. WHen I was a LEO a 4" barrel, 4.4 with the Sig P226, riding in a Patrol vehicle or sitting in a chair at the typewriter/computer, it did not push UP on your belt and kick the pistol up into the ribs/kidney. It is what I carried daily while in uniform or in plain close as an investigator. We all wore OWB, no cross draw or shoulder holsters.
I never carried a 1911 on duty but I did a BHP for a time when allowed to carry personal weapon prior to agency issued.
After retiring I gained weight, but have since lost most of the gain. I have been trying to learn/get used to AWIB. The G48/G19 are too long of a barrel/slide and poke me where I don't want to be poked. The G43X feels good in the hand and has a barrel length of the Shield.
The G45/19x and M&P9 when fully loaded balance well and just feel natural in my hands. The 19 feels a little short through the grip but manageable.
IT is much like a hammer. feels good in the hand and it swings right to hit the nail. I never owned a Glock until the 19x and Gen 5's came out. Wife took the 19x and I picked up a G45, not limited on magazines.
I like my M&P9 FS 1.0 with an RMR milled by ATEI Guns. I picked up a G19.5 MOS slide and added an RMR on a C&H Precision mounting plate. Works on my 19, 19x or G45. Still the basic size and feel.
The Sig and M&P have a larger area inside the trigger guard than the Glocks. Glad it is not that cold in Texas for heavy gloves.

26 Inf
10-17-19, 17:28
The way the gun rides on the belt, sitting, squatting or certain movements. WHen I was a LEO a 4" barrel, 4.4 with the Sig P226, riding in a Patrol vehicle or sitting in a chair at the typewriter/computer, it did not push UP on your belt and kick the pistol up into the ribs/kidney. It is what I carried daily while in uniform or in plain close as an investigator. We all wore OWB, no cross draw or shoulder holsters.
I never carried a 1911 on duty but I did a BHP for a time when allowed to carry personal weapon prior to agency issued.
After retiring I gained weight, but have since lost most of the gain. I have been trying to learn/get used to AWIB. The G48/G19 are too long of a barrel/slide and poke me where I don't want to be poked. The G43X feels good in the hand and has a barrel length of the Shield.
The G45/19x and M&P9 when fully loaded balance well and just feel natural in my hands. The 19 feels a little short through the grip but manageable.
IT is much like a hammer. feels good in the hand and it swings right to hit the nail. I never owned a Glock until the 19x and Gen 5's came out. Wife took the 19x and I picked up a G45, not limited on magazines.
I like my M&P9 FS 1.0 with an RMR milled by ATEI Guns. I picked up a G19.5 MOS slide and added an RMR on a C&H Precision mounting plate. Works on my 19, 19x or G45. Still the basic size and feel.
The Sig and M&P have a larger area inside the trigger guard than the Glocks. Glad it is not that cold in Texas for heavy gloves.

Nice post. Probably going to get a MOS Slide as you explained.

Eurodriver
10-17-19, 17:58

Do you have any comments on brass to face?

RWH24
10-17-19, 23:38

Picked mine up on GB Glock Parts from The Modern Sportsman. I bought a 19.5 MOS frame, a G45 frame and the G19.5 MOS slide.
Last purchase was a complete G43X slide to replace the G48 slide. Much Better

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/glock-gen-5-oem-slides-stripped-complete-g17-19-19x-34-45/ Another place with an assortment of OEM Glock parts

26 Inf
10-18-19, 02:40
Do you have any comments on brass to face?

Didn't see it noted in his post.

Sorry my views on the issue aren't aligned with yours.

Firefly
10-18-19, 13:31
My G34 is American and is my most beloved Glock.

Eurodriver
10-18-19, 15:05
Didn't see it noted in his post.

Sorry my views on the issue aren't aligned with yours.

Don’t blame your inadequacies on me. My views don’t factor into you being wrong.

davidjinks
10-18-19, 19:23
I’ve owned a couple different models of USA made Glocks. They shot/carried like every other Glock I’ve owned. I no longer have them. Just a weird, personal preference thing I guess. Glocks are Austrian and that’s what I want to see on the gun.

Recently shot a friends current 2019 production G19.3 made in the USA and it is one of the best shooting stock Glocks I have shot. The trigger is amazingly clean with no grit and a light crisp break. What have all your experiences been with the USA Glocks? Is this just the norm for the newer production gen 3 pistols?

ggp2jz
10-20-19, 21:28
It is a Kali Compliant Glock. GT Distributors sells them. Currently OOS
https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/glock-19-fixed-sights-9mm-commercial-2-15rd-mags.html
In Stock
https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/glock-17-fixed-sights-9mm-commercial-2-17rd-mags.html
OOS
https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/glock-34-tac-long-slide-9mm-civilian.html

They also offer Gen 3 Blue Label guns

Site needs to be updated. No longer being stocked.

dirkmagurk
10-21-19, 09:02
Picked up another 19.3 and a 17.3 since it appears they aren’t going to be around much longer. Both are Austrian marked but have excellent triggers out of the box. I appreciate the gen 5 pistols, but for me the trigger is a deal breaker. The type of shooting I do I don’t want a “surprise break” if I need to take a precision shoot I want to know exactly when the trigger will break.

robbins290
10-21-19, 09:40
I have been trying to find a gen 3 17 and 19 for a year now. I settled for an gen 4 19. But want a 17 pretty bad. And i do not want to go gen 4

Nick B
10-25-19, 15:23
I own both makes . Can’t tell any difference with build quality or performance.

rcpd34
10-25-19, 15:50
I probably have two dozen Glock 19s. I stopped counting after 15.

Curious why you would have so many of the same model when there's tons of other quality pistols out there...

Arik
10-25-19, 17:15
Curious why you would have so many of the same model when there's tons of other quality pistols out there...[emoji897]