PDA

View Full Version : Cat Sh1t One (must watch)

Firefly
10-15-19, 13:05
M4C has been languid with Turkey talk and Trump dumping.

Bah to all that. Pick up a cold beverage and watch a CGI anime rabbit kill jihadis with an SR-47 and an STI.

I know M4C are huge anime fans but this dropped in its entirety after a few years of being out of circulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrJk1qmthd4

SteyrAUG
10-15-19, 13:18
This was actually up and around more than a couple years ago. Great stuff.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-15-19, 13:30
I actually have the DVD...

Firefly
10-15-19, 13:32
For a minute, it was always taken down now its back up.

It never gets old. I was gonna get the DVD now I cannot find it.

lowprone
10-15-19, 13:36
OutStanding !!!

uffdaphil
10-15-19, 13:40
Just great! Love the camel hump cut-outs on the unis.

Alex V
10-15-19, 13:43
This was in my suggested feed. Hysterical lol

Is there more? Where can I get more?

Firefly
10-15-19, 14:07
This was in my suggested feed. Hysterical lol

Is there more? Where can I get more?

No. No more.

The manga Apocalypse Meow takes place in Nam has the same characters and is out there online. Same with a translation of Cat Shit One ‘80 that is like Call of Duty Black Ops but is incomplete.

Packy is Delta in that one and embeds with SAS on an embassy raid and goes to Afghanistan

Striker6
10-15-19, 14:25
It’s so good; never gets old!

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-15-19, 15:00
I wonder if they used action capture on it. I like some of the moves, like pie-ing corners and details like how an explosion in the distance has a lag before the sound gets there.

jpmuscle
10-15-19, 16:05
Ok I’ll be that guy

Why are they rabbits and not cats given the title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caporider
10-15-19, 16:21
Ok I’ll be that guy

Nah, THAT GUY would wonder what their earpro is actually covering...

TexHill
10-15-19, 16:25
Looks like it's available through Apple.

Firefly
10-15-19, 17:27
Ok I’ll be that guy

Because in the original comic the Viet Cong were cats.

They are rabbits because it is a Japanese pun

Usagi means Rabbit. USA G.I. Get it?

Russians are bears
Chinese are pandas
Brits are mice
Aussies are Kangaroos

SteyrAUG
10-15-19, 17:35
Because in the original comic the Viet Cong were cats.

They are rabbits because it is a Japanese pun

Usagi means Rabbit. USA G.I. Get it?

Russians are bears
Chinese are pandas
Brits are mice
Aussies are Kangaroos

Amazed they didn't make the Chinese rats. Japan usually never misses and opportunity to shovel some shit their way. These guys need to get busy and release a feature length film starting with the Vietnam chronicles.

Arik
10-15-19, 18:41
Ill be the guy that doesn't get it. I mean it looks well done but meh

Gunnar da Wolf
10-15-19, 19:31
I enjoyed it. Expected funny, got a furry version of Strike Back.
I wish they had made more episodes.

flenna
10-15-19, 19:51
Those wabbits sure can operate. Good thing the Soviets had that Mi-24 Hind in the area to save their hides.....

Firefly
10-15-19, 20:12
Those wabbits sure can operate. Good thing the Soviets had that Mi-24 Hind in the area to save their hides.....

Not a Mi-24

Mi-35 piloted by Americans

flenna
10-15-19, 20:20
Not a Mi-24

Ahh, ok.

SteyrAUG
10-15-19, 20:33
Ill be the guy that doesn't get it. I mean it looks well done but meh

It's not terribly important, just funny that someone went to so much effort to get the gear, weapons and real world weapon results correct. It was like that first time watching Heat and it was just a cops n robbers movie and then Val Kilmer did that mag change and it was like "Ok...somebody got some weapons training."

SteyrAUG
10-15-19, 20:40
Not a Mi-24

I know it's anime, and I know we use them at OPFOR at Nellis, but do we actually field the Mi-35 anywhere? I read about one being used in Afghanistan to train local pilots, but haven't found anything about them used in any kind of support role for US forces.

Like flenna, I too was sorta caught offguard by what looked very much like a Mi-24 Hind but it was too thin in profile so I assumed it was some sort of modern don't know about it yet Assault Chopper.

jpmuscle
10-15-19, 20:44
I love where the one bunny is lamenting his heavy gat yet extolling it’s awesome expensiveness [emoji23]

Firefly
10-15-19, 21:02
I know it's anime, and I know we use them at OPFOR at Nellis, but do we actually field the Mi-35 anywhere? I read about one being used in Afghanistan to train local pilots, but haven't found anything about them used in any kind of support role for US forces.

Like flenna, I too was sorta caught offguard by what looked very much like a Mi-24 Hind but it was too thin in profile so I assumed it was some sort of modern don't know about it yet Assault Chopper.

Actually yes.

https://media.defense.gov/2010/May/17/2000362370/780/780/0/100515-N-9760B-101.JPG

Packy is meant to be some hardcore black black black ops dude with plausible deniability.

Like in the comic, him and his LRRP team were gonna suitcase nuke a North Vietnamese base. And like you think it’s far out but rumor has it that it was legit considered. Big enough to hurt but small enough not to start WW3.

Same with a few Japanese soldiers posing as ROKs.
And SAS pretending to be Australian.

The only thing the comics left out was Black VD.

The guy apparently really went out there researching and his last comic of the Vietnam saga is drawn with realistic looking people.

I love older anime. Especially Future War 198X. It takes place in the same universe as Trinity’s Child and the battle of Fulda Gap looks like Red Storm Rising mixed with hyper realistic GI Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wskhs2YMZJk

Now it’s all cutesy crap or just boring go nowhere stories

Firefly
10-15-19, 21:02
I love where the one bunny is lamenting his heavy gat yet extolling it’s awesome expensiveness [emoji23]

It’s funny because it happens here all the time

jpmuscle
10-15-19, 21:34
Actually yes.

https://media.defense.gov/2010/May/17/2000362370/780/780/0/100515-N-9760B-101.JPG

Packy is meant to be some hardcore black black black ops dude with plausible deniability.

Like in the comic, him and his LRRP team were gonna suitcase nuke a North Vietnamese base. And like you think it’s far out but rumor has it that it was legit considered. Big enough to hurt but small enough not to start WW3.

Same with a few Japanese soldiers posing as ROKs.
And SAS pretending to be Australian.

The only thing the comics left out was Black VD.

The guy apparently really went out there researching and his last comic of the Vietnam saga is drawn with realistic looking people.

I love older anime. Especially Future War 198X. It takes place in the same universe as Trinity’s Child and the battle of Fulda Gap looks like Red Storm Rising mixed with hyper realistic GI Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wskhs2YMZJk

Now it’s all cutesy crap or just boring go nowhere stories

Christ there are anime universes? I can’t keep up...

Firefly
10-15-19, 22:14
Christ there are anime universes? I can’t keep up...

Yes but I mean the same LITERARY universe as Trinity's Child.

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1377536095l/1076258.jpg

Trinity's Child has a LOT of works that directly reference it.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_small/6/67663/1625497-06.jpg

Team Yankee being a famous example. It was considered the most plausible scenario of it's day and had no real "bad guys". Both sides try to stop the war before it goes too far.

It's not all Rah Rah like Tom Clancy's boring garbage.

I HATE Red Storm Rising.

mack7.62
10-17-19, 10:18
Firefly just posted this because he is so jealous that Packy has a SR-47.