PDA

View Full Version : Lurker but time to participate

localguy
10-25-19, 14:38
Hi there, I’m one of the poor bastards from CA... I love this online community - thank you.

Lynnis
10-26-19, 18:43
lol...same here. I was wondering how many people here are from CA, with high interest in the topics, but not have enough hand-on experience to contribute...

MR_JOSHUA
05-12-21, 20:30
You been a lurker 3 years longer than me, now I feel better

wil
05-18-21, 19:27
You been a lurker 3 years longer than me, now I feel better

don't feel bad, in the same boat

boomboom
05-24-21, 14:31
don't feel bad, in the same boat

Same here 2006.

heyyouduh
08-13-21, 22:05
lurkers unite

artoter
09-04-21, 21:20
Hello and welcome from Indiana! I thought you guys out there could own an AR, but just with bullet buttons and all? :confused:

SteyrAUG
01-03-22, 22:30
lol...same here. I was wondering how many people here are from CA, with high interest in the topics, but not have enough hand-on experience to contribute...

That was ALL of us at one point in our life. Keep reading, keep shooting, work with what you have to work with. If you can't get to the range regularly, run dry fire drills at home. I find CNN is a great channel for random target generators.

Just make sure and practice redundant chamber checks when dry firing at home.

jbjh
01-03-22, 23:15
Not the only Cali kid here! Hell, I’ve been here since 2012 and I still lurk most of the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomMcC
01-03-22, 23:56
Ca. here. Any of you guys from Ca shoot at any of the WEGC matches? Burrow Canyon?

MShaw
01-04-22, 00:35
CA lurker here too.

Haven't heard of a WEGC just local IDPA/IPSC courses and a few trap meets.

Most of my shoot n move training is done at work or at a private club range or in BLM land.

Just a couple buddies, some drills, a shot timer and some competition

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
01-04-22, 03:58
Seems like we have enough CA folks to form clubs / groups.

Just make sure and call yourself the sunshine and rainbow shooting club or something like that.

TomMcC
01-04-22, 17:17
CA lurker here too.

Haven't heard of a WEGC just local IDPA/IPSC courses and a few trap meets.

Most of my shoot n move training is done at work or at a private club range or in BLM land.

Just a couple buddies, some drills, a shot timer and some competition

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

I guess the first question should be...are you in southern California? LA/Orange/Inland empire?

MShaw
01-05-22, 08:40
I guess the first question should be...are you in southern California? LA/Orange/Inland empire?

Central valley

TomMcC
01-05-22, 12:56
Central valley

Yeah, we would be quite distant from each other in our shooting locales.

Backfire
03-08-22, 11:04
WEGC is great. Tucked way out of the way. First section is a regular range, then continue on to all the private stalls. Mostly small ones, some have so.e range but limited to time. and days. You get a gate code and open 24/7, although NO lights there.
Pretty safe and clean, e ty of events al.ost too much to where you can't even find an open area... get there at 0600 on the weekend.
You pay your dues to some broad and I don't think she is trustworthy so keep receipts. Otherwise best place to shoot at and people leave you alone