PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

meezerdad
10-25-19, 14:50
I've been a longtime lurker but recently purchased my first AR. I bought a brand new Colt LE6920. I would like to get a spare BCG and wondered what would be a good budget BCG. After buying 20 Okay 30 round mags and a good rifle case my budget is a little streched. Thanks.

Renegade04
10-25-19, 14:58
I've been a longtime lurker but recently purchased my first AR. I bought a brand new Colt LE6920. I would like to get a spare BCG and wondered what would be a good budget BCG. After buying 20 Okay 30 round mags and a good rifle case my budget is a little streched. Thanks.

Here is a recommendation.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/5-56-nato-c-p-mpi-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group.html

greybuff
10-25-19, 15:14
Check Out TOOLCRAFT. I bought one for a spare and like it.........

flenna
10-25-19, 15:20
https://www.righttobear.com/toolcraft-black-nitride-MPI-M16-BCG-p/tooauto-016.htm

JediGuy
10-25-19, 16:50
Just an idea here, but would just a spare bolt suffice for your needs? I believe the bolt carrier is not really considered a wear part. For the $70 spent on a budget BCG, you could get a known quality bolt, like BCM or Sionics.

markm
10-25-19, 16:54
Just an idea here, but would just a spare bolt suffice for your needs? I believe the bolt carrier is not really considered a wear part. For the $70 spent on a budget BCG, you could get a known quality bolt, like BCM or Sionics.

Yes. Absolutely.

SeriousStudent
10-25-19, 19:11

This gentleman offers you wise counsel.

I keep a spare NP3-treated Sionics BCG in a heat-sealed polymer bag with a light coat of lube on it. Cut it open, and it's ready to go.

Uni-Vibe
10-25-19, 19:25
Listen to your Jedi master. You bought a high quality rifle. Why not replace parts with top quality as well?

Get a spare bolt from Colt, BCM, etc.

BoyScout4Life
10-25-19, 20:01
Just buy a spare Colt bolt. About $99 new and 1/2 that for good used one. $175 or less should get you a new Colt complete BCG. If you must save money there are plenty of good mil-spec BCG's for 69-89$. But be aware Colt parts are going up.....

hoveyh
10-25-19, 21:21
I like and support these sensible comments..... I have a few colts.... a Stag upper build I’ve had and shot for 15yrs....(got it from Rainier when Michael H was changing comps on his living room floor!!!!) for small parts I went with Specialized Arms Colt parts. Went with Stag for a spare BCG that is HPT’d and two of their bolts... Watch Learn and Listen here

H

pdhawk
10-26-19, 08:29
I keep a couple of BCM bcg as spares. They work well for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

meezerdad
10-26-19, 08:56
Thanks to all for the replies. I was leaning towards buying a Colt or BCM bcg all along, so I will. Again thanks to all.

22ivan
10-26-19, 09:58
I was thinking about getting a couple of SOLGW bcgs as spares.

Sidian
10-26-19, 11:09
FYI, Magpul makes a MIAD grip insert specifically designed to hold an extra bolt and firing pin.