PDA

View Full Version : Revolver-like trigger for AR build

d3pl0r4bl3
11-01-19, 15:04
I am looking for a trigger with NO take-up, minimal overtravel, and obviously a nice clean break. I prefer the curved triggers over the flat. Purpose will be mid-long range plinking. Ideas? Opinions? Thanks

TomMcC
11-01-19, 15:11
Just about every single stage trigger out there will do that. I've been using a couple of Velocity SS triggers for a year and like them a lot. No take up, 3 lb. crisp pull, really short reset, and it lights up all the ammo I've been using. Others will be along to give you their opinion of the trigger they're using and how it works.

They come in straight and curved configurations.

GH41
11-01-19, 15:39
I am looking for a trigger with NO take-up, minimal overtravel, and obviously a nice clean break. I prefer the curved triggers over the flat. Purpose will be mid-long range plinking. Ideas? Opinions? Thanks

Do you have any AR experience? I ask because most people prefer a 2 stage trigger for AR precision work. Think 1st stage is 2 pounds(take up) then you get to a wall. The pull through the wall is another 2 pounds with zero creep or overtravel. The 1st stage keeps the rifle reasonably safe. Most wouldn't think a 2 pound single stage (what you describe) is safe. Most singles are set at 3.5-4 pounds for that reason. The Geissele SSAE is a very good 2 stage trigger. Having said that I prefer a single stage but I don't shoot at small things that are far away. The Wilson TTU is my favorite. No take up, very little overtravel and a very short reset but it is a 3 1/2 pound trigger.

grizzman
11-01-19, 16:21
If you put the time in to set it up properly, a classic JP should meet your requirements. They break at around 4 pounds.

For a drop-in solution, Timney's unit works well.

Clint
11-01-19, 16:33
How about this one?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/EXMREV15.jpg

ggammell
11-01-19, 16:48

Interesting description of a “revolver-like” trigger.

AndyLate
11-01-19, 16:59
Interesting description of a “revolver-like” trigger.

When I read the title, I thought "double action"

TomMcC
11-01-19, 17:39
At first I thought that too. I was thinking...who wants a 9-12 lb 1/2" long pull on their AR...that's just crazy.

TomMcC
11-01-19, 20:59
How about this one?

The 442 AR....how much?

matemike
11-01-19, 22:25
Haha all the same. Was thinking DA trigger.?

But if you want a zero take up, light, crisp trigger then I can recommend a Timney SS trigger. Drops right in and mine still keeps its place on a 16” S&W that I like to do longish distance freehand shooting with.

Straight Shooter
11-01-19, 22:38
Ive got two Velocity triggers..a 3lb & a 41b.
Both are excellent.
The 4lb has been on the gun for many years and many rounds, no issue at all.
The 3lb is going on an in process 20" precision build, but dry firing it a lot I cant wait to get it on the range.

flenna
11-02-19, 09:12
How about this one?

I want one of these...... ;)

bamashooter
11-02-19, 09:27
The "revolver" AR is too cool.

OP, I would recommend you giving consideration to a 2-stage for your application. I was always single stage and, due to my ignorance, considered a 2-stage as a single with a lot of sloppy pre-travel. Pretty dumb. I purchased a 2-stage for my one "long-range" AR and was very pleasantly surprised. I have 3 now. Two of them are Geissele SSA-E which are fantastic imo. The other is the LaRue Tactical MBT-2S. Haven't installed it yet though across the board, owners can't brag enough on it due to its quality and very affordable price. And now you have the big sales around the corner to boot. Good timing.

I have several quality single stage that I really like. Rise Armament, CMC, Timney brands. The RA is more than ok but I prefer the other 2 (but they cost more too). Got all of them on good sales.