PDA

View Full Version : PMAGS - - - Question.

billybronco
11-16-08, 16:56
Impact Cover Tail Penetrates past Shoulder of Magazine...

According to Calendar stamp, one was mfg on 7/08 and the other two were mfg between the months of 9 and 10 this year. I swear the arrow looks like it falls between the two.

It's weird, I just bought six at a show. The three with no windows halt the tail before it go past the shoulder. The three WITH windows easily allow the tail to insert all the way into the cavity of the mag.

Sent an email to Magpul.

Is this something that should seriously concern me? Am I really going to be having rounds slipping past the feed lips casuing malfunctions???

Dozer
11-16-08, 17:16
Have you hand cycled any rounds or taken these to the range?

Copis
11-16-08, 17:19
After talking to Magpul about it...I found out that some covers do not have the gauge built in.....

billybronco
11-16-08, 17:37
1. not had the opportunity.

2. good, i hope that's the case.

anybody got any other confirmations of the second post.

matthewdanger
11-16-08, 17:46
All of my early PMAGs lack the gauge.

Copis
11-16-08, 18:05
Use the cover that has the gauge built in and measure all your mags.....compare the covers and you will see that some covers have the circular protrusions, while others dont....

Copis
11-17-08, 18:08
Was my previous post of any help? I hope all your pmags are squared away.....

billybronco
11-18-08, 16:36
COPIS - yeah, thanks for the tip.

I tried it before I posted and yes, the tails with the tabs did hang up before entering the mag body but they still went in.

i'm gonna run some rounds through them this weekend and see what's up.

probably just me being me.

thanks boss

theJanitor
11-18-08, 20:15
anyone got a picture of what's being discussed? i got no idea what you guys are talking about.