PDA

View Full Version : VA Resident, Time for One More AR

GibsonBanjos
11-06-19, 20:18
With yesterday's VA elections, the Left now has the majority in the VA House with 53 Dems vs. 44 Reps, and the VA Senate with 21 Dems vs. 18 Reps. With the House Bill 4021 being pushed, it is only a matter of time before it will be passed. I recently bought a Daniel Defense V-9 back in the summer I decided I am going to buy another sub $1,000 AR-15 in response, so I am stuck between a few such as the Springfield Saint Victor, the SIG M400 Tread, and a few others of the sort. Currently in the process of ordering 10 OKAY E2 magazines and 10 Gen 3 P-Mags, along with stocking up on 5.56. Looking to buy a complete rifle, I just want something that is as solid as can be for the price.

11-06-19, 20:36
Centurion Arms CM4. Wouldn't touch a Springfield or the M400. Save a little $ up and buy the Centurion. The CM4 might just be the best value for a quality rifle going right now.

grizzman
11-06-19, 21:07
I also wouldn't choose the Springfield or Sig. My $1,000 and change would be used for a Sionics Patrol Three-E, but the Centurion is definitely a solid option.

magister
11-06-19, 21:21
Sub $1K

https://shop.fortresstactical.com/BCM-M4-MOD0-Carbine-556-p/bcm-carbine-650-111.htm

grizzman
11-06-19, 21:23
Sub $1K

https://shop.fortresstactical.com/BCM-M4-MOD0-Carbine-556-p/bcm-carbine-650-111.htm

Another great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buncheong
11-06-19, 22:05
Moving out of VA is recommended.

ruckusjuice
11-06-19, 22:06
See what Sionics or SOLGW offer for Black Friday in a few weeks. You might be able to score a rifle within your budget that will be better than any of the options in your post. The above mentioned BCM is another great option.

jets4321
11-06-19, 22:29
Have you looked at the bill? The bill requires you to render weapons that you have that fit the definition inoperable. Buying guns is great but I recommend you contact legislators. Looking at that bill, I’m betting it won’t go anywhere.

GibsonBanjos
11-06-19, 23:17
Have you looked at the bill? The bill requires you to render weapons that you have that fit the definition inoperable. Buying guns is great but I recommend you contact legislators. Looking at that bill, I’m betting it won’t go anywhere.

I have begun and will continue to voice my opinions to our legislators, and have encouraged every single one of my friends and family to. I personally don’t believe that the bill will have much resistance on the political whatsoever. It will be up to us. The simple fact that they have openly voiced their intentions and are as confident as they are should be enough to anyone to take note and stock up while the prices are still low. Not just in Virginia, but every state.

GibsonBanjos
11-07-19, 10:23
I think I am going to go with a SOLGW's Liberty series AR. Does anyone know what kind of sales or deals you could snag within the upcoming weeks to Black Friday from SOLGW and others? I'd like to get as good a deal as possible, but I don't want to wait too late.

Straight Shooter
11-07-19, 10:29
Black Friday will be here shortly...should be a ton of bargains.
FOR THE PRICE & RECENT UPGRADED FEATURES...the PSA rifles with FN barrels are a good deal for a beater/range/test vehicle.

John W
11-07-19, 15:27
I think I am going to go with a SOLGW's Liberty series AR. Does anyone know what kind of sales or deals you could snag within the upcoming weeks to Black Friday from SOLGW and others? I'd like to get as good a deal as possible, but I don't want to wait too late.

Watch primaryarms.com for deals on SOLGW and Sionics. They just finished up a big Halloween sale and 11.5 uppers I was eyeballing were 549 down to 399 with same day shipping. Including SOLGW mlok rail etc.

Pay close attention to PA as we go into black Friday. Both rifle brands listed above are very reputable, know what they are doing, and guarantee their work. They also pick up the phone and answer questions.

The deals primary has been offering are enough to make someone not in the market pull out the card and get it done.

Best of luck to those out in VA. Your work is definitely cut out for you.

Valhalla
11-08-19, 05:28
Haven't read that bill yet, but if it doesn't grandfather existing ownership, buying a gun now really won't help. But if it does, perhaps the way to go is just stock up on lowers (instead of getting a full gun) and then slowly build them out over the year? Instead of blowing $1000 (or even $600) on a complete rifle, put $100 towards a good lower (or $200 towards 2!!), and bank all the remaining cash in normal capacity magazines. Keep the receipt to "prove" you acquired those magazines prior to the bill becoming law. Money will come later, but the more lowers you can grandfather in, the more options you get to enjoy down the road. Again, that's if grandfathering is part of the bill... Good luck!!

Ps. I had people told me Trump "bought" his presidency and that should be made illegal; but VA suffered a major setback mainly because Bloomberg dumped 2+ millions into backing the democrat's race. And yet we don't see that getting called Bloomberg "buying" house/senate seats... Sigh.

By the way, Ohio welcomes you! We do respect the 2nd amendment and we are not that far from VA. :p

ggammell
11-08-19, 07:18
Haven't read that bill yet, but if it doesn't grandfather existing ownership, buying a gun now really won't help. But if it does, perhaps the way to go is just stock up on lowers (instead of getting a full gun) and then slowly build them out over the year? Instead of blowing $1000 (or even $600) on a complete rifle, put $100 towards a good lower (or $200 towards 2!!), and bank all the remaining cash in normal capacity magazines. Keep the receipt to "prove" you acquired those magazines prior to the bill becoming law. Money will come later, but the more lowers you can grandfather in, the more options you get to enjoy down the road. Again, that's if grandfathering is part of the bill... Good luck!!

Ps. I had people told me Trump "bought" his presidency and that should be made illegal; but VA suffered a major setback mainly because Bloomberg dumped 2+ millions into backing the democrat's race. And yet we don't see that getting called Bloomberg "buying" house/senate seats... Sigh.

By the way, Ohio welcomes you! We do respect the 2nd amendment and we are not that far from VA. :p

The bill that is proposed right now does not grandfather anything. Sell it, deactivate it or move it out of state are the three options. “Assault weapons”, magazines, suppressors, shotguns with certain capacities. I don’t see that loosening up.

JediGuy
11-08-19, 08:53
You guys are going to abide a law like that?

trauma
11-08-19, 09:14

THIS!

OH58D
11-08-19, 09:43
A rhetorical question for sure. I think outside of the Washington D.C. area, especially in western and southwestern Virginia, the non-compliance will be massive.

JediGuy
11-08-19, 10:16
I wonder if noncompliance is synonymous with abiding. Obviously rhetorical. And clearly this subverts the OP’s original topic, so I’ll let it go.

GibsonBanjos
11-08-19, 10:19
A rhetorical question for sure. I think outside of the Washington D.C. area, especially in western and southwestern Virginia, the non-compliance will be massive.

Without a doubt. If VA were to split half, leaving Northern VA and Southern VA, it would be the best thing that would ever happen to us. I do not plan on complying to any unconstitutional law, nor do I expect the rest of the gun owners in this state to either. We cannot willingly give up our rights. What bothers me the most are those who claim to support the Second Amendment, yet question why we as citizens need to own AR's and suppressors, etc. They will not only make us look bad, but they will be the first to surrender their rights.

opngrnd
11-08-19, 10:25
I would actually call Sionics on Tuesday and tell them what you are looking for. Also keep an eye on Primary Arms. I'd take a FSB/Magpul equipped Sionics or Centurion over any lower quality alternative, if it came down to it. I'm actually piecing together one just like that just as an iron sighted beater rifle.

Valhalla
11-08-19, 13:49

Of course the official answer is "I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of this accusation." :rolleyes: In the mean time let's put up some Molon Labe signs...

Valhalla
11-08-19, 14:02
Without a doubt. If VA were to split half, leaving Northern VA and Southern VA

Don't forget there is already a West Virginia! If you guys can split once (over slavery) you can do it again!!! :rolleyes:

Itsahak
11-08-19, 15:14
Moving out of VA is recommended.

4 years to retirement, and I plan to do exactly that!

richiecotite
11-08-19, 15:50
Smith and Wesson M&P sport. Then 5 or so lowers...Proven Arms has Aero Precision lowers for $65 all day (sale last month they were $45); they will also bring web orders to gun shows they attend with enough notice

magister
11-09-19, 06:44
Real shame about Virginia’s political shifts. I’m hunting in southwest Virginia this weekend and the people here are great and country is beautiful.

Stickman
11-09-19, 09:05

WA state is a great example of what happens. You can see bills being introduced which don't pass, but have traction, and eventually get put into place after a big tragedy or once the bill is watered down a bit. OR is an example of where it is currently happening.

The pendulum doesn't seem to swing back in these states, more and more liberals move in, and the laws continue to get more restrictive.

Stickman
11-09-19, 09:07
4 years to retirement, and I plan to do exactly that!

Get rid of one or two cities, and even the most liberal states are really pretty nice. When we lived in VA it was pretty conservative, but its been awhile.

wickedyz
11-09-19, 13:04
The loss of seats is directly due to Trump. He lost the house and his lack of outreach and complete alienation of independents is killing the Republican party. Go with a Centurion. Monty is great people and the barrel in his rifles are unrivaled for accuracy, especially at the price he is selling them. My LW 16" is a less than MOA gun to 100 with everything I have shot through it.

jpmuscle
11-09-19, 15:45
The loss of seats is directly due to Trump. He lost the house and his lack of outreach and complete alienation of independents is killing the Republican party. Go with a Centurion. Monty is great people and the barrel in his rifles are unrivaled for accuracy, especially at the price he is selling them. My LW 16" is a less than MOA gun to 100 with everything I have shot through it.

Yea no, it’s because the majority of Republicans and especially independents are comprised of cucked up pansy ass virtue signaling losers.

GibsonBanjos
11-09-19, 17:18
Get rid of one or two cities, and even the most liberal states are really pretty nice. When we lived in VA it was pretty conservative, but its been awhile.

Absolutely man. If we could make cities into their on miniature states or separate them from the VA, my list would be Charlottesville, Richmond, Norfolk and VA Beach, and basically the entire DC and metropolitan area.

GibsonBanjos
11-09-19, 17:25
I’ll definitely be keeping my eye out for Centurion and Sionics in the next few weeks. I guess I am just a little worried that these deals will lead to a ton of rifles out of stock and not in stock until late December, along with prices raised due to these newly elected politicians taking office. I am honestly considering going on and ordering that BCM M4 Mod0 that was linked to earlier in the forum.

opngrnd
11-09-19, 18:26
I’ll definitely be keeping my eye out for Centurion and Sionics in the next few weeks. I guess I am just a little worried that these deals will lead to a ton of rifles out of stock and not in stock until late December, along with prices raised due to these newly elected politicians taking office. I am honestly considering going on and ordering that BCM M4 Mod0 that was linked to earlier in the forum.

Perhaps take what you can with the Veterans Day sales and don't risk the Black Friday backlog? I still vote for Sionics or Centurion based on accuracy.

GibsonBanjos
11-09-19, 22:23
Perhaps take what you can with the Veterans Day sales and don't risk the Black Friday backlog? I still vote for Sionics or Centurion based on accuracy.

I think that would my best bet. Definitely going to keep my eyes open for them, hopefully I will find a few sales from the company in the next few days.

OldState
11-10-19, 01:59
The World Turned Upside Down!

Never in my life did I think my home state of PA would outlast VA in this struggle. I love VA and always had an outside thought of moving there when I was retired.

I think if the they over reach the Supreme Court will weigh in. The left is very scared about this hence the recent threats to pack the court.

richiecotite
11-10-19, 15:16
I’ll definitely be keeping my eye out for Centurion and Sionics in the next few weeks. I guess I am just a little worried that these deals will lead to a ton of rifles out of stock and not in stock until late December, along with prices raised due to these newly elected politicians taking office.

Please keep in mind that this was a state election...I’d guess the Veterans Day sales is more responsible for any increase in AR stuff being sold. We’re not California during the Great Mag Lift of 2019.

From what I can tell online it’s still salad days as far as AR’s go, minus the recent run on Colts. Honestly, if I was going to get 1 more
Rifle, finding a colt for a decent price might be your best bet as it’ll probably Be a few years before new ones will allowed in the state

omegajb
11-11-19, 20:28
You guys are going to abide a law like that?I wish the anti gun crowd has as much contempt for criminals as they did for law abiding gun owners.

Turning law abiding gun owners into criminals overnight if they don't comply. Don't you feel safer?

That being said no, I won't comply.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JediGuy
11-11-19, 21:01
“Abide” and “comply” are not synonyms...

*slow clap for everyone who are proud of themselves for going 70 on a 60 mph highway

I hear a lot of “We need ARRRR GUNNNS!! to prevent tyranny!” But when it happens...meh.

To “abide” could also be presented as, “live with” or “permit.” So, I’m asking, Are you guys going to tacitly agree with the law by not standing against it directly, instead just acting like it doesn’t exist?

It’s all fun and games until...someone calls your bluff and you do nothing.

omegajb
11-12-19, 04:33
“Abide” and “comply” are not synonyms...

*slow clap for everyone who are proud of themselves for going 70 on a 60 mph highway

I hear a lot of “We need ARRRR GUNNNS!! to prevent tyranny!” But when it happens...meh.

To “abide” could also be presented as, “live with” or “permit.” So, I’m asking, Are you guys going to tacitly agree with the law by not standing against it directly, instead just acting like it doesn’t exist?

It’s all fun and games until...someone calls your bluff and you do nothing.Look, if you think you're going to "fight back" put the bong down.
If you couldn't convince enough people to vote (the easiest way to protect your rights) you're not going to get them to take up arms to keep/get them back.

The Boogaloo isn't happening.

themonk
11-12-19, 06:04
Yea no, it’s because the majority of Republicans and especially independents are comprised of cucked up pansy ass virtue signaling losers.

This and the house that Ken Cuccinelli built. Republican party in VA is a dumpster fire.

JediGuy
11-12-19, 06:14

I actually think you are correct, but I get a small amount of (childish) enjoyment causing a brief silence by making “Gun People” acknowledge this for themselves. I do it with members of management where I work (since I wouldn’t do so with hourly), including the cousin of one of this forum’s sponsors.

I think this more emphasizes the necessity of reaching new people more than silly militia type scenarios.

omegajb
11-12-19, 06:30
This and the house that Ken Cuccinelli built. Republican party in VA is a dumpster fire.Don't forget Bob McDonald.

RVTMaverick
11-12-19, 07:14
YEP! PLUS 1>>>-------> https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ight-set2.html

Watch primaryarms.com for deals on SOLGW and Sionics. They just finished up a big Halloween sale and 11.5 uppers I was eyeballing were 549 down to 399 with same day shipping. Including SOLGW mlok rail etc.

Pay close attention to PA as we go into black Friday. Both rifle brands listed above are very reputable, know what they are doing, and guarantee their work. They also pick up the phone and answer questions.

The deals primary has been offering are enough to make someone not in the market pull out the card and get it done.

Best of luck to those out in VA. Your work is definitely cut out for you.

Gunnar da Wolf
11-12-19, 07:32
Plain Virginia has been subdivided in the past. (Says the guy from West by God Virginia) Ya’ll just need to convince POTUS that the electoral college votes from the state of South Virginia will go to him like my forefathers did with Abe back in 1861.

If I were worried as you are I’d
1) spend $100 on a nice stripped lower now.
2) shop until Black Friday for a nice complete AR
3) find some place in WV/NC/PA to store your fun stuff until the dust settles. On my last trip to our eastern panhandle I was surprised at the number of private ranges catering to out of state (occupied territory) shooters.

Good Luck

GibsonBanjos
11-15-19, 00:18
I've made a little list of the main AR's I am really keeping my eyes peeled on. I have decided to increase my budget to around $1,200-$1,300. Not looking to go anymore above this budget. For the list, I've got a BCM RECCE 14.5 or 16 MCMR, and I have seen them in between $1,200-$1,300; I've seen one or two LWRC DI's for roughly $1,260; a Centurion Arms CM4 from the factory website, $1,200, would spend the $10 extra for a 15 inch handguard, and maybe would spend the extra $30 on the B5 SOPMOD stock upgrade; or another Daniel Defense, but this time a V7, and I have seen a few for about $1,300.

ExplorinInTheWoods
11-15-19, 05:39
Sign the petitions to impeach northam. Contact every legislator regardless of their party. Start petitions to impeach every legislator that wants gun control. Use your voices. Don’t move out, fight this in the courts. I don’t live in VA but I own land there.

Boss Hogg
11-15-19, 07:30
Don't forget Bob McDonald.

Let's not forget Robert Sarvis, the Libertarian candidate whose 146k votes threw the 2013 VA election to Terry McAuliffe over Ken Cuccinelli.

Bob McDonnell screwed up on the gifts thing, but he won in 2009 with 58.6% of the vote, and was on track to be a presidential candidate.

omegajb
11-15-19, 08:35
Let's not forget Robert Sarvis, the Libertarian candidate whose 146k votes threw the 2013 VA election to Terry McAuliffe over Ken Cuccinelli.

Bob McDonnell screwed up on the gifts thing, but he won in 2009 with 58.6% of the vote, and was on track to be a presidential candidate.Can't forget Sarvis as well. McDonald just goes to show that power corrupts people regardless the political party.

omegajb
11-15-19, 08:36
Sign the petitions to impeach northam. Contact every legislator regardless of their party. Start petitions to impeach every legislator that wants gun control. Use your voices. Don’t move out, fight this in the courts. I don’t live in VA but I own land there.Wouldn't we need a GOP majority to impeach Coonman?

Tx_Aggie
11-15-19, 09:10
Wouldn't we need a GOP majority to impeach Coonman?

Yep. And the recall process is a vague mess relying on the court system, and one that has never been tried on a state legislator or governor.

GibsonBanjos
11-15-19, 11:46
Y’all are absolutely spot on. I’ve contacted my delegate, the county bordering ours just became Virginia’s technically second, but first after the VA State elections, Second Amendment Sanctuary County. It was a unanimous vote to establish themselves as one. Around 11 other primarily southern counties immediately contacted the county’s Board of Supervisors, and other related local officials, for guidance in the process to become Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties, too. This fills me with an overwhelming sense of hope.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-15-19, 18:30
Mags, mags, mags. For guns you might want to own. Assume that you will get a grandfather clause to start out and that they'll do mags first. It's the easiest thing to do from a law standpoint and from public perceptions. That way you can at least have fun with your guns at the range and not have to worry about some BF or some random traffic stop being an issue.

A 7.62 ASR?
Mag fed shotgun?
9mm AR?
Mags for each?

Those are the things I see having issues from first.

ACE31
11-15-19, 18:40
Plain Virginia has been subdivided in the past. (Says the guy from West by God Virginia) Ya’ll just need to convince POTUS that the electoral college votes from the state of South Virginia will go to him like my forefathers did with Abe back in 1861.

If I were worried as you are I’d
1) spend $100 on a nice stripped lower now.
2) shop until Black Friday for a nice complete AR
3) find some place in WV/NC/PA to store your fun stuff until the dust settles. On my last trip to our eastern panhandle I was surprised at the number of private ranges catering to out of state (occupied territory) shooters.

Good Luck

Agreed!

RetroRevolver77
11-16-19, 14:08
Delete.

Esq.
11-16-19, 17:19

The only question in the entire thread that really matters....and the most important answer as well....

Esq.
11-16-19, 17:22
Look, if you think you're going to "fight back" put the bong down.
If you couldn't convince enough people to vote (the easiest way to protect your rights) you're not going to get them to take up arms to keep/get them back.

Not true at all. Only a third of Americans supported the Revolution...that doesn't sound like a majority to me.

prepare
11-16-19, 17:37
Everyones going to turn in their AR's, buy M1A's, burn our NRA cards and join a yoga studio. Utopia at last.

Firefly
11-17-19, 08:09
Everyones going to turn in their AR's, buy M1A's, burn our NRA cards and join a yoga studio. Utopia at last.

That sounds gay.

And when I say something is gay then it’s really, really, really gay.

Everyone needs to stock up on LMTs, SR-25s, AR-10s in 6.5 and Glock 20s in 10MM.

Also during the great Rave by the Brave, all Priuses and Fiats will be shot on sight and burned as a rejection of Urkelmobiles

Start buying Toyotas and spraypainting them camo colors. Older the better.

You’ll thank me. You all wasted your lives on M1As but those who heed my words will survive.

pinzgauer
11-17-19, 08:22
The loss of seats is directly due to Trump. He lost the house and his lack of outreach and complete alienation of independents is killing the Republican party.

Except the shift started long before he surfaced.

RetroRevolver77
11-17-19, 11:26
Delete.

ggammell
11-17-19, 20:34
Doesn't make sense to go to non standardized calibers.

Think of who you quoted.

Firefly
11-18-19, 00:27
If everyone stocks up on them they will be standard.

I feel like you all are stuck in 2006 and I’m the only one living in the year 2099