PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Brass

LMT4me
11-16-08, 18:25
Has anybody got experience reloading this brass? It seems like a good deal to buy this ammo bulk and keep the fired brass to reload.

LMT4me
11-17-08, 18:44
Anybody?

Storydude
11-19-08, 11:29
Last "Centurion" ammo I bought was all Winchester .223 brass. Centurion is just a distributor name.

spamsammich
11-19-08, 14:35
mine is all just marked M193 and 08. I have a growing pile of Centurion brass started but haven't tried reloading with it yet. I've been out of the country and need a press.

markm
11-19-08, 15:27
I'd like to test a sample of the brass for stretch, primer pocket tightness, etc.

I'm not an expert, but I've become a sort of connoisseur of 5.56/.223 brass from my years of scrounging!

m4fun
11-19-08, 22:49
I'm not an expert, but I've become a sort of connoisseur of 5.56/.223 brass from my years of scrounging!

MarkM - I would love to get your observations. I too have scrounged for years for bulk reloading and am starting to work toward more accurate rounds and prep. Heck even researching/exploring the X-dies to handle the stretching issue vs continued trimming multi-reloaded brass.

spamsammich
11-19-08, 23:25
I'd like to test a sample of the brass for stretch, primer pocket tightness, etc.

If you can wait until December I can send you some brass.

markm
11-20-08, 07:27
If you can wait until December I can send you some brass.

Sure. If you have about 10 cases or so I'll run them through as many loadings as they'll take. Send them once fired and dirty so I can give them a true once fired try.

markm
02-16-09, 13:49
Got the Brass! :D

Thanks, Sammich.

I loaded it up this weekend, but haven't shot it yet. My first impressions are that it's pretty good brass. If I was loading it without knowing what it was, I'd guess it was Rem (R-P) brass, which I like.

The primer pockets are pretty good. No crimp to remove so they are what they are. I wouldn't mind if they were a little tighter, but they aren't loose by any means.

I loaded 10 rounds in the brass and none of it needed trimming. All the brass lengths were consistent, and the loaded ammo looks like factory fresh stuff sitting on my bench.

spamsammich
02-16-09, 19:34
All of those came from my 14.5" LMT upper. Good to know that the brass was in good shape. I look forward to a range report.

markm
02-18-09, 08:31
AmmunitiontoGo.com has the Centurion ammo AND Corbon ammo back in stock. :p