PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Rail spacer install

ballsout
11-16-08, 19:00
I'm feeling more and more like a newb. On the LaRue rail when you install the keeper and the allen screws. What do the allen screws tighten into?? Are they screwing into the rail itself or is it the spacer that it screws into?

Reason I ask is that i can't remember if I installed the spacer before the rail and it is bugging me. But i think i am ok because the allen screws screw tight so that MUST mean my spacer is there correct?:confused:

Also the rail is slightly canted a hair. Any ideas?

molsen
11-16-08, 19:46
If your rail is canted a bit, then the barrel nut isn't aligned correctly (either too much or not enough). If the cant bothers you, then take the rail back off, adjust the barren nut, and re-install the rail. This has happened to me more times than I can remember, so I usually check first before completing the install.

I can't remember if the allen screws go into the spacer or the rail, but when you take it apart, you can look then.

ballsout
11-16-08, 21:07
anybody know if the screws mount into the actual rail or they only screw into the spacer?

xtremejc
11-16-08, 21:28
anybody know if the screws mount into the actual rail or they only screw into the spacer?

The screws mount onto the ring that goes in front of the barrel nut... I just installed one last night and that is how it worked out...

I hope that helps...