PDA

View Full Version : Latest build! DD, FN, Geissele.

Error404
11-10-19, 16:51
It took me a little while to get it all together had a buddy hook me up on the upper (stripped upper and barrel ) and I managed to find the FN lower that wasn't separated from a rifle, I thought that was cool because I didn't think FN just sold lowers stripped.

This is really my first "serious" build and I can't wait to go shoot it.

Enough blabbering here is the specs.

Daniel Defense 14.5 upper pinned w/ smith vortex 4P
DD Lite 12.0 rail
Surefire M600U w/ UE07 pressure switch
Radian Raptor CH
DD BCG
DD front&rear fixed irons
Eotech EXPS 3-2
Ferro concepts slingster w/ DD QD
GG&G VFG

FNH Lower
Geissele SSA-E
Radian Talon
LMT sopmod
SI bolt release
Colt H1 buffer

Wake27
11-10-19, 16:58
ETA: disregard.

RVTMaverick
11-13-19, 07:06
Hey Wake27, I have to ask man, since no one else has.... either I am missing something here or I clearly haven't read the rule either.LOL
I haven't see anything "ERROR404" has done, that I haven't seen 100+ times before?:confused:

Clearly you haven't read the rules.

OKAY, Wait a second, LOL I just noticed ERROR404 has edited his Thread after your reply... MY ERROR:o... Get it, My ERROR:D

Wake27
11-13-19, 07:39
Hey Wake27, I have to ask man, since no one else has.... either I am missing something here or I clearly haven't read the rule either.LOL
I haven't see anything "ERROR404" has done, that I haven't seen 100+ times before?:confused:

OKAY, Wait a second, LOL I just noticed ERROR404 has edited his Thread after your reply... MY ERROR:o... Get it, My ERROR:D

Actually, I’m glad you brought it up. I could’ve sworn that the rules stated you had to provide more than just a parts list and picture - I thought there had to be some explanation of the rifle’s purpose and why you chose the parts that you did. Like a d-bag, I called out the post before verifying my assumption and was wrong.

Sorry I suck, OP. I can’t do anything Strike Industries, mostly because they’ve been known to blatantly steal designs from others, but looks like a solid parts list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickman
11-13-19, 14:31
It took me a little while to get it all together had a buddy hook me up on the upper (stripped upper and barrel ) and I managed to find the FN lower that wasn't separated from a rifle, I thought that was cool because I didn't think FN just sold lowers stripped.

This is really my first "serious" build and I can't wait to go shoot it.

Enough blabbering here is the specs.

Daniel Defense 14.5 upper pinned w/ smith vortex 4P
DD Lite 12.0 rail
Surefire M600U w/ UE07 pressure switch
Radian Raptor CH
DD BCG
DD front&rear fixed irons
Eotech EXPS 3-2
Ferro concepts slingster w/ DD QD
GG&G VFG

FNH Lower
Geissele SSA-E
Radian Talon
LMT sopmod
SI bolt release
Colt H1 buffer

Looks like a well thought out carbine. Are you going to chuck a light on that pig, or isn't that something needed for its role. I've got plenty of weapons without lights, I swap my lights as needed, so I'm certainly not throwing stones.

Aetius
11-15-19, 22:22
You’ve got some excellent taste OP, solid parts. Liking the Lite 12, been getting back to quad rails myself. Happy shooting!

OutofBatt3ry
11-17-19, 10:36
Awesome build. That's the exact sight setup I was moving to as well with the Eotech and DD fixed sights....

Error404
11-17-19, 19:44
Actually, I’m glad you brought it up. I could’ve sworn that the rules stated you had to provide more than just a parts list and picture - I thought there had to be some explanation of the rifle’s purpose and why you chose the parts that you did. Like a d-bag, I called out the post before verifying my assumption and was wrong.

Sorry I suck, OP. I can’t do anything Strike Industries, mostly because they’ve been known to blatantly steal designs from others, but looks like a solid parts list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem!

I'm a dummy, I post a thread then edit it to my liking it's just that I was slow that night :D

Edit: So far on another rifle the strike industries bolt catch has worked flawlessly, I was on the fence about it for awhile and I decide to try it although I plan on switching to a Geissele bolt catch for sure in the future.

Error404
11-17-19, 19:45
Looks like a well thought out carbine. Are you going to chuck a light on that pig, or isn't that something needed for its role. I've got plenty of weapons without lights, I swap my lights as needed, so I'm certainly not throwing stones.

I have a surefire m600U on the other side just didn't snap a pic of it because the neighbor was looking at me awfully funny lol

Error404
11-17-19, 19:53
You’ve got some excellent taste OP, solid parts. Liking the Lite 12, been getting back to quad rails myself. Happy shooting!

I love mlok I do....But nothing is like quad, the DD lite is a very robust rail while being lighter than the RIS 2.

I recommend this rail for sure.