PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden wants to ban 9mm pistols that can hold 10 or more rounds

PatrioticDisorder
11-18-19, 17:09
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/biden-ban-9mm-pistols-just-like-we-ban-bazookas-and-machine-guns/

So the 2 “moderate” Democrats running for the dem nomination in the 2020 election (Biden and Bloomberg) are just as big gun grabbers as beta boy. Make no mistake, they want to ban and confiscate all arms.

Business_Casual
11-18-19, 17:23
Why would this surprise you?

Dienekes
11-18-19, 17:28
As if that was going to miraculously going to fly. I bet he was a real sharp character in his VP days—when he wasn’t skinny-dippingin front of female Secret Service agents. What a maroon.

just a scout
11-18-19, 17:37
He’s as sharp as a marble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The_War_Wagon
11-18-19, 17:43
https://i.ibb.co/qm7MS5Z/biden-2020-crop.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/jzJQhNb/unka-joe.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/MVxw5Kw/Hall-of-Fame-Biden.jpg

SteyrAUG
11-18-19, 18:09
Of course he does.

Ned Christiansen
11-18-19, 18:11
Just get yourself a two-shot .22 Derringer. You hear something outside, just fire two blasts into the air.

PatrioticDisorder
11-18-19, 18:42
Why would this surprise you?

It doesn’t, but I’m a little surprised he’d actually come out and say it. Joe isn’t the sharpest candidate running for president, but once you start talking about taking people’s 9mm pistols that hold “10 or more rounds” you start waking some people up. People start realizing how slippery that slope becomes.

Honu
11-18-19, 18:51
LIE

He just forgot the other clips oh I meant maglips I meant gallagher’s or is that calipers of guns

What what OH I meant all calibers !

SteyrAUG
11-18-19, 21:47
It doesn’t, but I’m a little surprised he’d actually come out and say it. Joe isn’t the sharpest candidate running for president, but once you start talking about taking people’s 9mm pistols that hold “10 or more rounds” you start waking some people up. People start realizing how slippery that slope becomes.

I think all the Dems are well past trying to pretend they don't want to ban all / most guns.

Everyone knows all handguns are concealable guns designed to kill people without warning. All scoped firearms are sniper weapons, all shotguns are scatterguns used by gangsters, etc.

Most Dems won't be satisfied until we are all the way back to Kentucky flintlocks like the Constitution intended and even then flints and powder would be strictly regulated.

Dr. Bullseye
11-18-19, 23:55
This goes hand in hand with Biden's economic plan for America---All companies will be required to hire my son Hunter.

Averageman
11-19-19, 00:59
Joe just Beto'ed himself right in the foot.

yoni
11-19-19, 05:25
If G-D forbid someone other than the President wins in a year, we will see gun sanctuary states. So you live in a Sanctuary state nothing changes. If you have to go to a communist state then you carry a 10 shot pistol. I would say carry a pistol that is single stack, so you can be set up.

Business_Casual
11-19-19, 05:34
If G-D forbid someone other than the President wins in a year, we will see gun sanctuary states. So you live in a Sanctuary state nothing changes. If you have to go to a communist state then you carry a 10 shot pistol. I would say carry a pistol that is single stack, so you can be set up.

This is a subject for a separate thread, but I am curious why a single stack. The G 19 with 11 rounds is just as capable as it would be with 16.

AndyLate
11-19-19, 05:58
This is a subject for a separate thread, but I am curious why a single stack. The G 19 with 11 rounds is just as capable as it would be with 16.

Because it's thicker than it has to be to hold 10 rounds.

On the other hand, my single stack Sig P6 (aka P225) is very nearly as thick as my G19.

Andy

Arik
11-19-19, 06:26
Joe just Beto'ed himself right in the foot.Not just this. He also said he won't be legalizing marijuana. Beto'ed himself in both feet

matemike
11-19-19, 06:45
I wonder if these dems are taking money under the table from firearm manufacturers. Every time they say some of these things they are hoping there will be another mini panic and mini spike in sales.

Uni-Vibe
11-19-19, 07:12
I think all the Dems are well past trying to pretend they don't want to ban all / most guns.

Everyone knows all handguns are concealable guns designed to kill people without warning. All scoped firearms are sniper weapons, all shotguns are scatterguns used by gangsters, etc.

Most Dems won't be satisfied until we are all the way back to Kentucky flintlocks like the Constitution intended and even then flints and powder would be strictly regulated.

Read the transcript of the oral arguments in the Heller case. That is exactly what was argued.

yoni
11-19-19, 07:49

Because if you just put a 10 round mag in a Glock 19, and an immoral police officer in a communist state could jam you by producing a 15 round Glock 19 magazine and your in a world of hurt.

If you don't think this could happen, I have flown with guns on planes that had lay overs in the EU. Twice I heard my name called and went to the talk to the airline and was met by police. They took me into an office and demanded I unlock either the gun case or my luggage and take out what was in the luggage. I told them the same things both times NO. I told them where I checked my luggage everything in it was legal and where I was going everything was legal. I gave the airline possession of my bags and until I arrive at me destination I refuse to take possession of my bags. After a couple of hours of them trying to wear me down, they gave up. During those interrogations, my answer for every question was "I want to call the American Embassy".

So if I were to go to a 10 round state and I wanted to take a pistol, I would take a pistol that only held 10 rounds or less and had no way a larger capacity magazine could be inserted.

yoni
11-19-19, 07:49
sorry double post, welcome to 3rd world internet

TMS951
11-19-19, 11:24
He also says majiuana is a gate way drug. The way he’s going he’s going to alienate every voter in this country.

teufelhund1918
11-19-19, 12:07
It always baffles me when this comes up. People tend not to really understand what the last 4 words of the Second Amendment are really are saying:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

To quote the famous wrapper... can't touch dis.

Jellybean
11-19-19, 13:49
Just get yourself a two-shot .22 Derringer. You hear something outside, just fire two blasts into the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mONWEr-Bi6c

It always baffles me when this comes up. People tend not to really understand what the last 4 words of the Second Amendment are really are saying:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Because they're to wrapped up in the second two words; "well regulated". They think it means they can pass whatever laws they want, when it actually means that the "militia" as "the whole of the people" should be sufficiently trained to guarantee the security of a free state, and unfettered in what "arms", a general term meaning "any and all", they may possess to do so...

flenna
11-19-19, 18:27
But a .45 holding 10 or more rounds is good to go?

Pappabear
11-19-19, 18:47
He also says majiuana is a gate way drug. The way he’s going he’s going to alienate every voter in this country.

It would thrill me for him to run hard with that one. But he will change his story the second it backlashes.

PB

Pappabear
11-19-19, 18:47
But a .45 holding 10 or more rounds is good to go?

Harmless

That video with Biden and buy a shotgun is insane. You cant kill anyone with a shotgun, completely child safe. WOW

PB

Arik
11-19-19, 20:01
But a .45 holding 10 or more rounds is good to go?Or 10mm

Uni-Vibe
11-19-19, 22:34
Would this include Biden's bodyguards?

ramairthree
11-19-19, 23:07
And I would like to ban politicians with two digit IQs, felony records, a net worth from political positions more than twice what they did privately, and a disregard for the constitution.

teufelhund1918
11-20-19, 05:40
And I would like to ban politicians with two digit IQs, felony records, a net worth from political positions more than twice what they did privately, and a disregard for the constitution.

Put this in a Christmas wish list. I think Santa has more of a chance to make it come true than it happening any other way. Lol... when it comes to politician's who have our best interests at heart, we're so screwed it's funny.

OH58D
11-20-19, 07:36
He’s as sharp as a marble.
That's right - to Joe a metric caliber is bad and sounds like an evil import flooding the US Market. That's why my Glock 17 only shoots .355 caliber ammo and my AR's only shoot .223 ammo. How could a scholar like Joe argue with the average American having only a tiny .223 bullet to shoot? It's only good for squirrels and such.

AndyLate
11-20-19, 08:00
Cam slow Joe even spell metric without assistance?

RMiller
11-20-19, 08:15
Because they're to wrapped up in the second two words; "well regulated". They think it means they can pass whatever laws they want, when it actually means that the "militia" as "the whole of the people" should be sufficiently trained to guarantee the security of a free state, and unfettered in what "arms", a general term meaning "any and all", they may possess to do so...

Yep, "well regulated" means sufficiently trained and stocked, iirc.

Buncheong
11-21-19, 15:43
These people delegitimize themselves every time they open their mouths.

In the end, they will merely create a nation of scofflaws, and their edicts will be ignored.

Irish Democracy.

Caeser25
11-23-19, 09:49
Snip.

So if I were to go to a 10 round state and I wanted to take a pistol, I would take a pistol that only held 10 rounds or less and had no way a larger capacity magazine could be inserted.

For anyone that hasn't read, and I'm not calling you out specifically, the new copy and paste "assault" weapon bans that are being proposed nationwide, one of the defining characteristics is having the CAPABILITY to accept a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. The one that was passed in the city of Pittsburgh earlier in the year has this wording. I believe the one in Virginia also has this wording. There were two more worded the same way but I can't remember where they were proposed.

That basically makes every semi auto illegal since there are aftermarket manufacturers that make magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Just some food for thought in case anyone didn't know or hasn't read the new bills.

Arik
11-23-19, 09:55
For anyone that hasn't read, and I'm not calling you out specifically, the new copy and paste "assault" weapon bans that are being proposed nationwide, one of the defining characteristics is having the CAPABILITY to accept a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. The one that was passed in the city of Pittsburgh earlier in the year has this wording. I believe the one in Virginia also has this wording. There were two more worded the same way but I can't remember where they were proposed.

That basically makes every semi auto illegal since there are aftermarket manufacturers that make magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Just some food for thought in case anyone didn't know or hasn't read the new bills.As far as I know everything in Pittsburgh was shot down by Pa supreme Court

Tx_Aggie
11-23-19, 10:32

That basically makes every semi auto illegal since there are aftermarket manufacturers that make magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Just some food for thought in case anyone didn't know or hasn't read the new bills.

The VA Senate AWB Bill for 2020 (SB16) doesn't address the capacity of the detachable magazine, only that if a semi-auto can accept one, and it has one other feature, it is an AW. It does limit fixed mag semi-autos to 10 rounds:

A. For the purposes of this section:
397 "Assault firearm" means:

398 1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
399 explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

400 2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
401 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
402 the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes
403 conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a
404 protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher;
405 (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle
406 compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a
407 muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
408 clauses (i) through (xii);

409 3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
410 explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

411 4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
412 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
413 the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second
414 handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a
415 magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or
416 partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the
417 non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the
418 pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c)
419 a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
420 clauses (i) through (vii);

421 5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
422 explosion of a combustible material; or

423 6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a
424 combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii)
425 a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv)
426 the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or
427 (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).

The problem with the wording is that "has the ability to accept" is pretty open ended and depending on how it's interpreted can include a lot of things that are considered legal under something like California law. For example, an SKS can accept a detachable magazine, even though it wasn't designed to and may be configured with a fixed mag. So, would an SKS with a bayonet lug and original fixed mag be banned, or not? It's a bill worded to intimidate by being intentionally vague.

And as if things weren't already bad enough, they added this nonsense at the end:

428 "Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify,
429 or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
430 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been
431 rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or
432 relic as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.