PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Gun and Knife Classic

Rosco P
11-17-08, 06:50
Here in Raleigh this weekend.

I have a couple of questions.

1.) In general, are the items at these shows priced below what you would normally find on the net? I guess everything is negotiable but is it the kind of thing where you can actually get deals?

2.) At the shows, do you need a pistol permit or CCP to purchase long rifles or can they do the background check there at the show?

Thanks for the help.

SingleStacker45
11-17-08, 06:53
I did find a good price on some powder but once I factored in the price of admision it was not so good. There are some deals to be had though.

Mule

heijutsu
11-17-08, 16:48
If you have the CCW it saves them having to do the background check, otherwise they can and do call in at the shows. I would have to say that the pricing varies just like it does online. You won't go and find deals per say but you will have the chance to handle a lot of different guns and are more likely to find a specific item that your local dealer might not carry. I have usually found pretty good deals on ammo and you save the cost of shipping. I'm going to the show Saturday and like always will keep my fingers crossed and hope I can find what I'm looking for.

Rosco P
11-17-08, 16:53
Thats sort of what I thought.

There are a few specific items I am looking for and will be happy to find them.

There is one rifle I want. If I find that, the future wifey will be pissed as the floodgates on the checking account fly open yet again...

billpete
11-17-08, 17:53
I plan to attend. Nothing that I NEED, but hey, you never know what you will find. If anything, it is a great way to spend a Saturday.