PDA

View Full Version : Changing Front Sight- Smith recommendations?

Rotor Talker
11-17-08, 09:32
Good Morning;

I'd like to change the Front Sight on my RRA Tactical Entry to a folding BUS. I managed to bend the sight last summer, I really like the Magpul ones recently mentioned here, big question is when will they be available? realize I may need to go with a set of Troy folding sights.

I have a Daniel Defense Omega Rail in place now, plan on adding an Aimpoint T-1 on a Larue mount before next summer. I'd like to have a good set of folding sights in place to use with the Aimpoint.

Anyway, looking for gunsmith recommendations to remove my old front sight?, and if there is anything else I should consider with making this change.

All comments and input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

ST911
11-17-08, 10:02
I'd like to change the Front Sight on my RRA Tactical Entry to a folding BUS. I managed to bend the sight last summer,

How'd you do that?

Rotor Talker
11-17-08, 11:50
Really stupid on my part, needed to adjust sight, did not have the correct tool, thought I could use pin punch and needle nose pliars, learned that lesson.

Picked up two of the sight tools at Knob Creek, maybe best to just replace the post?

I really want to have the best iron sights to support the Aimpoint T-1, and vice versa.

Thanks,

Bob