PDA

View Full Version : Trump labels cartels as Terrorist Organization

signal4l
11-27-19, 09:27
I came across this article during my daily check of the Fox news website:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wants-to-designate-mexican-drug-cartels-as-terror-organizations

I've wondered about this idea ever since reading Tom Clancy's Clear and Present Danger way back when I was in high school.

It will be interesting to see if this actually changes anything. I understand our military has long been used in an "advisory" capacity when dealing with cartel activity in Central and South America. This designation we'll undoubtedly lead to more US military involvement in Mexico.

The idea of our SF, SEALS paying these a-holes a visit in the middle of the night is very appealing, especially in an election year. For every cartel shitbird that gets killed I imagine there's 10 more waiting to step up and take his place. The demand for narcotics in the US seems to have never been higher than it is now.

Perhaps some of our more knowledgeable forum members could offer some insight.

Boba Fett v2
11-27-19, 09:35

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wants-to-designate-mexican-drug-cartels-as-terror-organizations

I've wondered about this idea ever since reading Tom Clancy's Clear and Present Danger way back when I was in high school.

It will be interesting to see if this actually changes anything. I understand our military has long been used in an "advisory" capacity when dealing with cartel activity in Central and South America.

Perhaps some of our more knowledgeable for members could offer some insight.

Not sure what's out in the public domain nowadays, but anything the US military operating in a joint capacity is involved in with regards to direct action/kinetic activities would require you to be read-on and anyone who knows anything beyond the realm of speculation shouldn't be discussing it here.

Firefly
11-27-19, 09:45
It won’t go anywhere.

BoringGuy45
11-27-19, 10:13
It’ll be considered racist somehow.

signal4l
11-27-19, 10:16
Not sure what's out in the public domain nowadays, but anything the US military operating in a joint capacity is involved in with regards to direct action/kinetic activities would require you to be read-on and anyone who knows anything beyond the realm of speculation shouldn't be discussing it here.

I have no interest in being read in on anything classified. I wouldn't be posting questions on a public forum if I did. I'm interested in exploring the hypothetical.

Sry0fcr
11-27-19, 10:36
It won’t go anywhere.

If anything it'll cause more splintering and violence as smaller groups battle for routes and market share. We're not going to kill our way out of a multi-billion dollar business especially while a market exists.

Renegade
11-27-19, 10:45

It will be interesting to see if this actually changes anything. I understand our military has long been used in an "advisory" capacity when dealing with cartel activity in Central and South America. This designation we'll undoubtedly lead to more US military involvement in Mexico.

The idea of our SF, SEALS paying these a-holes a visit in the middle of the night is very appealing, especially in an election year. For every cartel shitbird that gets killed I imagine there's 10 more waiting to step up and take his place. The demand for narcotics in the US seems to have never been higher than it is now.

Perhaps some of our more knowledgeable forum members could offer some insight.

Well I do not see any Neptune Spears taking place in Mexico. What I do expect is this will free up more opportunities for joint efforts with Mexico involving SOCOM. Not much different than we saw with Killing Pablo, just more frequent, but then this depends upon the political climate in Mexico.

Firefly
11-27-19, 10:46
If anything it'll cause more splintering and violence as smaller groups battle for routes and market share. We're not going to kill our way out of a multi-billion dollar business especially while a market exists.

This.

Any 5 man band of Julios pushing snow can be a “cartel”.

The solution is bankrupting them via decriminalization. If your wares are worth dirt, nobody is going to turn out with AKs or B40s.

Then they’d only be able to resort to human trafficking which is usually comparatively easier to nail down

Artos
11-27-19, 11:13
Well...don't care how it's done but Mencho needs to be taken out. He makes Chapo look like a saint & is setting up shop here now in dozens of cities. Bad hombre & needs to be made another example of that you keep your dealings sotb & don't screw with the americans.

From what I keep up with & watch is it would be a short term nightmare if we aggressively went in & just took folks like we did back in the 90's with El Negro in central america & other top jefe's in Mexico after they tortured & killed Kiki Camaron. Probably never should have laid off the tactic & maybe, just maybe the narcos would be a little more polite today like they used to be ever since prohibition & just stick to moving dope & making $$$. We used to see them all the time when white wing hunting in San Fernando & would just smile & wave with a bunch of weed in a flatbed. Sucks what happened to that country. Violence would rocket out of control for a bit before settling down if we approach the terrorist deal imo.

Artos
11-27-19, 11:13
Well...don't care how it's done but Mencho needs to be taken out. He makes Chapo look like a saint & is setting up shop here now in dozens of cities. Bad hombre & needs to be made another example of that you keep your dealings sotb & don't screw with the americans.

From what I keep up with & watch is it would be a short term nightmare if we aggressively went in & just took folks like we did back in the 90's with El Negro in central america & other top jefe's in Mexico after they tortured & killed Kiki Camaron. Probably never should have laid off the tactic & maybe, just maybe the narcos would be a little more polite today like they used to be ever since prohibition & just stick to moving dope & making $$$. We used to see them all the time when white wing hunting in San Fernando & would just smile & wave with a bunch of weed in a flatbed. Sucks what happened to that country. Violence would rocket out of control for a bit before settling down if we approach the terrorist deal imo.

Adrenaline_6
11-27-19, 12:12

While that might be true, smaller groups fighting for control usually are limited to fighting for that control which most of their resources are going to. Their "reach" as far as government corruption goes down significantly, which is a real problem. If they are more focused on killing each other to gain control...who cares.

Keep em small, let em kill each other. Simple. Divide and conquer.

Firefly
11-27-19, 12:38
While that might be true, smaller groups fighting for control usually are limited to fighting for that control which most of their resources are going to. Their "reach" as far as government corruption goes down significantly, which is a real problem. If they are more focused on killing each other to gain control...who cares.

Keep em small, let em kill each other. Simple. Divide and conquer.

Don’t take this wrong but...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/41/8b/d7/418bd7ea069b6b0d3ea80c92e92c7619.gif

That worked soooooo well with the Mob.

No. What will happen is actually MORE cooperation especially from the civilians getting cut in.

High risk, high yield. Mitigate risk by franchising, cut people in.

If anything this will do nothing more than make them more professional.

Nobody wants a stand up fight. People are always gonna want some yayo.

When you start tossing military at people they invariably go asymmetric. You may as well wage war against water.

Trump has his heart in the right place but this isn’t something you can toss Joes at and think it will go away.

Too much money in the way.

Averageman
11-27-19, 12:46
Ironic that this comes on the whole Edward Gallagher trial and acquittal isn't it?
It's not something we can do with our Military without redefining and rewriting the rules of engagement is it? When you have people moaning about waterboarding terrorists, if we go after the Cartels your going to have to get a lot dirtier than a bit of waterboarding.
As a Nation, we are so divided right now, we don't have the ability to do what it would take.
It will have to be a lot nastier than a lot of Democrats are willing to get, there will be collateral damage, this will spill on to our streets.

Trust me, I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, it needs to be done, half of us just don't have the stomach for it.

Adrenaline_6
11-27-19, 12:49
Don’t take this wrong but...
That worked soooooo well with the Mob.

No. What will happen is actually MORE cooperation especially from the civilians getting cut in.

High risk, high yield. Mitigate risk by franchising, cut people in.

If anything this will do nothing more than make them more professional.

Nobody wants a stand up fight. People are always gonna want some yayo.

When you start tossing military at people they invariably go asymmetric. You may as well wage war against water.

Trump has his heart in the right place but this isn’t something you can toss Joes at and think it will go away.

Too much money in the way.

More cooperation from civilians who might risk being on the wrong side of the infighting when there is no clear cut alpha? Sounds like a smart move.

The current cartels are as professional as its gonna get. I don't see Pedro and sons building a sub to take their merch up North.

I never said it will go away, just limit civilian casualties.

Firefly
11-27-19, 12:51
Or we:

Decriminalize
Lower the worth
Start cutting aid
Shore up our border past a half assed wall

Whole Juntas exist because of fatass yuppies and kids tossing crack.

When it’s not worth anything people will get real jobs.

Someone please answer me this:

Whatever did people South of the border do before cocaine was a thing?

Firefly
11-27-19, 12:53
More cooperation from civilians who might risk being on the wrong side of the infighting when there is no clear cut alpha? Sounds like a smart move.

The current cartels are as professional as its gonna get. I don't see Pedro and sons building a sub to take their merch up North.

I never said it will go away, just limit civilian casualties.

Actually the Cartels are sloppy and bulldog more than anything.

The civilians are NOT on our side here. They just want our money

Adrenaline_6
11-27-19, 13:26
Or we:

Decriminalize
Lower the worth
Start cutting aid
Shore up our border past a half assed wall

Whole Juntas exist because of fatass yuppies and kids tossing crack.

When it’s not worth anything people will get real jobs.

Someone please answer me this:

Whatever did people South of the border do before cocaine was a thing?

That's an added option. I agree with you on all of this. I can't answer your question either.

Actually the Cartels are sloppy and bulldog more than anything.

The civilians are NOT on our side here. They just want our money

Yea, they are sloppy, but they are as professional as they are going to get because their sheer power and dominance allow them to be bulldog. I agree with you on the civilians...but...like most of us...most just want to be left alone.

Firefly
11-27-19, 13:31
Valid points, good sir.
Valid points.

Especially on the being left alone. I think that is so universal yet so overlooked

Coal Dragger
11-27-19, 13:51
Firefly is right about decriminalization of various narcotics. I have stated this before, and argued it on other forums. It’s as if we learned nothing from prohibition of alcohol. Shit doesn’t work when there is market demand for something. People want drugs, they will find a way to get them and someone will find a way to supply them.

Plus how much money are we wasting on law enforcement efforts and incarceration fighting the war on drugs? Too damn much. Sorry LEO’s but I want your budgets cut, and your enforcement priorities changed. No more kicking doors down at Tyrone, Juan, or Billy Bob’s house to serve a warrant for selling drugs; leave them alone. In fact they might be tax revenue generating businessmen here soon, so be nice to them. But “muh SWAT team won’t have anything to do anymore!” You will cry. I don’t care, those officers can go back to traffic enforcement or whatever it is the communities need, and the departments can save huge amounts of money not needing to equip a paramilitary unit.

As pointed out legalizing drugs also takes the huge profits out of the equation for cartels. How long will it take before domestic manufacturers with rigorous quality control, marketing, and convenient distribution operations drive the Mexicans and Central Americans out of business?

Now if after all of that cartels still pose an issue then by all means let the US military do what it needs to do. At the very least I think we should introduce the cartels to the joys of the hellfire missile equipped drone, and satellite surveillance. We should do that next week.

Outlander Systems
11-27-19, 15:00
Why doesn’t the government just open up official opium dens, where you can get blasted up on whatever hardcore ****ing narcs you want?

Rogue556
11-27-19, 20:31
It will have to be a lot nastier than a lot of Democrats are willing to get.

I'm not so sure. I think all you'd really have to do is convince them, via a carefully orchestrated PSYOP, that the cartels are actually comprised of closet conservatives. They'd probably build the wall in a few days time, drop warheads on Juan's forehead, and maybe even invite key cartel members to a ranch in West Texas for permanent rest and relaxation, Scalia style.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NWPilgrim
11-28-19, 12:43
Firefly is right about decriminalization of various narcotics. I have stated this before, and argued it on other forums. It’s as if we learned nothing from prohibition of alcohol. Shit doesn’t work when there is market demand for something. People want drugs, they will find a way to get them and someone will find a way to supply them.

Plus how much money are we wasting on law enforcement efforts and incarceration fighting the war on drugs? Too damn much. Sorry LEO’s but I want your budgets cut, and your enforcement priorities changed. No more kicking doors down at Tyrone, Juan, or Billy Bob’s house to serve a warrant for selling drugs; leave them alone. In fact they might be tax revenue generating businessmen here soon, so be nice to them. But “muh SWAT team won’t have anything to do anymore!” You will cry. I don’t care, those officers can go back to traffic enforcement or whatever it is the communities need, and the departments can save huge amounts of money not needing to equip a paramilitary unit.

As pointed out legalizing drugs also takes the huge profits out of the equation for cartels. How long will it take before domestic manufacturers with rigorous quality control, marketing, and convenient distribution operations drive the Mexicans and Central Americans out of business?

Now if after all of that cartels still pose an issue then by all means let the US military do what it needs to do. At the very least I think we should introduce the cartels to the joys of the hellfire missile equipped drone, and satellite surveillance. We should do that next week.

Totally agree with everything you said. Decriminalize, then apply military if still a problem.

The LE resources formerly directed toward drugs (billions of $$$) could be focused on rooting out the remainder of cartels in US. Once a good portion of their funding is removed that should weaken their ability to buy off so many police and politicians.