PDA

View Full Version : "Chicago police have seized more than 10,000 guns in 2019 – one every 48 minutes"

jsbhike
11-27-19, 13:22
For any claims lack of manpower for investigating crimes against persons/property is indicative of how a gun ban/confiscation would go.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-police-gun-seizures-ten-thousand

SomeOtherGuy
11-27-19, 13:43
That story is 99% fail and incredulousness. I like this:

Johnson said CPD routinely recovers more guns than New York and Los Angeles because the states surrounding those cities have stricter gun laws in comparison to Illinois’ bordering states.

Right, because Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon (at least through 2018) are known for their draconian gun laws. Likewise Pennsylvania and Vermont. They are pouring on the BS with a loader bucket.

As for the highlight number, 10,000 confiscated and only 1,000,000 left to grab from various felons and not-yet-convicted felons? If you believe their claims of gun-running you would think more than 1 gun is brought illegally into Chicago every 48 minutes.

flenna
11-27-19, 14:13
So I wonder if they also have 10,000 arrests and convictions on the people who possessed said guns?

jsbhike
11-27-19, 14:44

"Johnson said CPD routinely recovers more guns than New York and Los Angeles because the states surrounding those cities have stricter gun laws in comparison to Illinois’ bordering states."

Right, because Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon (at least through 2018) are known for their draconian gun laws. Likewise Pennsylvania and Vermont. They are pouring on the BS with a loader bucket.

As for the highlight number, 10,000 confiscated and only 1,000,000 left to grab from various felons and not-yet-convicted felons? If you believe their claims of gun-running you would think more than 1 gun is brought illegally into Chicago every 48 minutes.

Johnson and crew back in October:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/10/18/police-supt-eddie-johnson-drinking-before-passed-out-behind-wheel/

jsbhike
11-27-19, 14:49
So I wonder if they also have 10,000 arrests and convictions on the people who possessed said guns?

Be interesting to see if the ones who were charged have a history of crimes against people/property or were armed to protect themselves against the former.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-27-19, 17:35
Funny how those guns in Iowa, Indiana and Wisconsin don't cause the same level of death and destruction... For some reason, a gun gets to Chicago- and literally BANG, it goes in a killing spree...

People should be laughed out of public discourse on violence when they say stupid shit like this. It is like blaming technicals in Syria for that plumbing company that sold their used truck.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/us/texas-plumber-sues-car-dealer-after-his-truck-ends-up-on-syrias-front-lines.html

Funny, don't remember that truck bring down aircraft in Texas.

Bulletdog
11-28-19, 10:06

Exactly what I was going to say. And don't forget Utah, where most Californians get their CCW permits to give us reciprocity with around 40 other states when we travel outside of our own state.

And you beat me to the other comment I was going to make. Well said.

Funny how those guns in Iowa, Indiana and Wisconsin don't cause the same level of death and destruction... For some reason, a gun gets to Chicago- and literally BANG, it goes in a killing spree...

The article said 7800. Not sure I believe that...

The_War_Wagon
11-28-19, 10:12
"Chicago police have seized more than 10,000 guns in 2019 – one every 48 minutes"

I'd be MORE impressed, if they'd arrested 10,000 criminals. :rolleyes:

Arik
11-28-19, 10:56
“We sit in between Wisconsin and Indiana, who have lax gun laws and it’s easy for the criminal element in Chicago to go across the borders, fill up a duffle bag with guns, and then distribute them throughout our city,” Johnson said. “So until we stop those kinds of flows we’re going to continue to see this problem and it just befuddles me that we can’t pass universal background checks.”

Yea, thats how that works

just a scout
11-28-19, 11:02
Bet that’s the total number of guns taken over the past few decades, not this year. Beat guys even says on Second City Cop Blog These Displays keep using the same guns over and over. Did you see the AT-4 tube on the table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro