PDA

View Full Version : Price check: What is my pre-ban Eagle stuff worth?

MarshallDodge
11-17-08, 12:55
I sold my pre-ban EA lower to a guy out east and he asked if I had any other pre-ban stuff. I have a pre-ban Eagle lower and flattop upper that are in used but very good conditon. The ban does not affect Utah so I was thinking about letting it go but am not sure on what I should ask for it with the craziness that is going on right now.

What would the combination be worth without the stock and trigger group?

SHIVAN
11-17-08, 13:25
It depends. It's really only worth what a typical used ArmaLite is worth, but due to the bans in those states people will pay more.

I couldn't bring myself to gouge people in ban states when I sold all my prebans. I sold them for a little more then what new stuff was going for, but not much.

A new ArmaLite is about ~$1000 or so depending on features.

markm
11-17-08, 13:31
I couldn't bring myself to gouge people in ban states when I sold all my prebans.

There's nothing lower than people who would do that. On the other hand, you never know if the guy you're selling to is going to turn around and make a buck off of what you just sold him.

Cold Zero
11-17-08, 14:02
If you are interested in selling it, drop me an email thru the profile. Good luck with you sale.

MarshallDodge
11-17-08, 14:30
Just to clarify, this is a stripped upper and the lower is complete minus trigger and stock. I realize the upper isn't anything special but I would think that having it match the lower would be a plus.

The guy I would be selling it to is an FFL dealer so I assume that he would be reselling it.

Cold Zero, send me an offer via PM and we can negotiate from there.

chapperjoe
11-17-08, 14:47
Here's a ban state opinion:

I consider Coal Valley Eagle lowers to be up there with colt and above bushmaster in terms of pre-94 quality.

They are often called Pre-LMT lowers around here.
I had one in 06, sold it, and regret doing so.

As a lower, you CAN get upwards of 550$.

furthermore, like colt and bushmaster, folks will be willing to pay for a complete rifle.

E.g.

folks who would pay 450$ for an oly lower, would NOT pay 1000$ for a complete OLY. (unless they believe, mistakenly, that the rifle needed to be complete to be preban)

but, folks who would pay 600$ for a colt lower, would be willing to pay 1150$ for a complete rifle. That upper is indeed worth 550$.

If you have a complete eagle rifle, I'd say a carbine would fetch 1150$, and a rifle 1100$. Both are 'at least'

Is it right, probably not.

Will you get it? for sure.

The only complete rifles I personally will pay over a thousand for are colts.

But I'm done paying 1200$ for them.

ETA:

didn't realize rifle was not complete.

I don't think anyone (in a ban state) cares for that upper.

the FFL would just sell the lower at a profit.

If you're one of those sellers with a soul, let me know and I'll send you two milsepc lowers for that ancient Eagle you got there.
:D

ETA2:
when I moved down to VA, I traded as many preban lowers as I could on a ONE TO ONE basis with New Yorkers.
I brought NO prebans down with me.

ZOMBIE101
11-17-08, 18:44
This is my ugly PreBan Coal Valley Eagle EA-15 #190**;)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/zombie92272/000_0637.jpg

VLODPG
11-18-08, 00:20
I like your ugly preban Eagle. There is a dealer on TOS that is in my state who every post he has ever made was to buy prebans & parts to flip. He even posted in his ad his dealer name & phone number.

He never posted anything except to buy. They finally spanked him & he bought a membership. It still pisses me off that he jumps at everything pre 94 to make a buck when others like me are adicted & need to get a new fix every so often.

I can't make a profit because I refuse to sell anything. I have more that I need but not all that I want!

I'm always looking to ad another preban!:p