PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase an Aimpoint CompM3 for a LEO?

kc7txm
11-17-08, 13:09
My best friend just scraped together enough money to purchase an LMT rifle that should be coming in within a few weeks. He is an Arizona DPS law enforcement officer and has very little disposable income, so this project was a big sacrifice for him. I know he "dreams" of purchasing an Aimpoint CompM3 for his rifle, but realistically he cannot afford one. My wife and I decided to purchase him one but I'm not much of an optics person.

I am certain he wants the Aimpoint CompM3 with 2 MOA dot so that's all I'm looking at purchasing (unless you think he's really off base and I should be looking at a different Aimpoint optic). I see there are some mount options for the CompM3, is there any mount you specifically recommend? I was thinking of purchasing him the LaRue Cantilever LT-129 mount or the LaRue QD LT-150 mount. As I understand it, cantilever mounts are helpful just for moving the optic slightly farther towards the front of the weapon to allow additional optical devices (night vision or an Aimpoint 3x magnifier, etc.) to fit on the rear of the upper, are there other purposes / advantages to a cantilever mount? Is there a reason I should be looking at purchasing him a QD / non-cantilever mount for the CompM3?

I was looking around and the best prices I've seen for the Aimpoint CompM3 have been from botach tactical for $435.00. Does anyone know of a better deal or place besides botach (with their questionable history) for a better or close price? Thank you for your time and assistance.

Dave L.
11-17-08, 13:13
LaRue Cantilever mount with the 1/3 lower co-witness ...it's the Standard all others are trying to live up to.

Dave L.
11-17-08, 13:16
...if you order from them you will likely never see it.
Aimpoint as a MAP, so they will cost nearly the same everywhere (as far as low prices go).
Order from a Site Sponsor like G&R or directly from LaRue and you get a deal on the mount I mentioned above.

ST911
11-17-08, 18:26
Aimpoint in a Larue mount is the way to go. Model depends on the price you're willing to pay and what you need.

I'm partial to the M4 and T1 lately. M2 and M3 are just fine too.

Many vendors offer below-MAP pricing. It pays to ask.

LettersFromEarth
11-18-08, 03:53
Go direct with LaRue and get the Aimpoint/mount combo package. In my opinion MIL/LEOs have no greater friend then Mark LaRue. :)