PDA

View Full Version : Expensive experiment underway

denniscalhounhare
11-17-08, 16:48
Hopefully this will interest the mad scientists out there.

The Kahles Multi Zero Scope http://www.kahlesoptik.com/index.php5?menu=2&seite=16 allows you to sight in one caliber to multiple distances or multiple calibers to one distance.

I ask for thoughts: Mount your scope with something sexy and removable from someone like Larue. Sight in one 5.56 upper at 200 yards. Interchange your scope and mount from your 5.56 upper to a 6.8 SPC upper. Sight in 6.8 SPC upper at 200 yards. Use the Multi Zero to have two different calibers at the same distance.

I know this scope was meant to do this on one rifle - not two different ones. I know returning to zero is for the same rifle once you take an optic off.

Does this sound like a workable deal? How accurate does it sound when trying to "return to zero" on multiple uppers on the same lower? Want thoughts before spending money in these recessed times.

UVvis
11-17-08, 17:08
According to Kahles, this is an elevation only feature.

This wouldn't offer you any advantages over knowing the click difference to get a zero on two different uppers with the same mount/optics.

denniscalhounhare
11-17-08, 19:39
Yes. Problem is that a nightforce or S&B is far out of the budget. The Kahles can be purchased under 1k, and the glass is flawless. Ultimately, it is the glass that matters to me, not the ability to cross country ski on my optic. It would be nice to have a combat scope in the family that would truly do 1/4" clicks like it should be though. Gotta bust te recession first.