PDA

View Full Version : KY prisoners vote

just a scout
12-13-19, 05:25
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/12/democrat-kentucky-governor-gives-over-140k-felons-the-right-to-vote/

I’m sure this will turn out well. I mean, he seems nice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alex V
12-13-19, 07:55
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I don't want them to vote since, my guess is, they will vote Democrat. Also, you broke the contract with society, you committed a felony, you should suffer the consequences. On the other hand, if you "served your time" shouldn't you have our rights again? If you are so dangerous that you can't be trusted with basic rights, why did we let you out?

OH58D
12-13-19, 08:20
So what in the name of Perdition's Flames allowed someone like Andy Besehear to get elected in Kentucky? Maybe I am so far out of the loop now that I never realized there was that big of a demographic shift in Kentucky. I always knew Dixiecrats were a powerful force in southern politics, but they were fairly Conservative. Kentucky was a mixed State during the Civil War, but I didn't think that State would ever go Left.

Certainly a lot of folks from Kentucky do not support this kind of political activity???

sdacbob
12-13-19, 08:35
He was elected (?) by the democrat controlled cities

jsbhike
12-13-19, 09:43
He was elected (?) by the democrat controlled cities

And teachers/supporters plus police/supporters.

As far as the rest, most people shouldn't be in prison. Among those that should(those who have harmed people or property), once they pay their debt to society their rights should be restored, although I would support let preventing them from holding positions of authority.

Jellybean
12-13-19, 09:48
Guess KY wants their new gun laws real bad, but it's KY and the current gov knows they won't get much support in the 2020 election cycle for politicians who will support it, so they, as usual, "found" a new pool of voters to tip the election in their favor...

I could be wrong, but that's my guess...

OH58D
12-13-19, 10:13
Really interesting vote segmentation maps. I would have figured the Counties around Fort Knox (Hardin and Bullitt) counties and Fort Campbell, Christian County, would have been closer to solid Red in voting. I spent a good portion of my Army career in and out of Fort Campbell and that area was really Conservative.

jsbhike
12-13-19, 10:24
Really interesting vote segmentation maps. I would have figured the Counties around Fort Knox (Hardin and Bullitt) counties and Fort Campbell, Christian County, would have been closer to solid Red in voting. I spent a good portion of my Army career in and out of Fort Campbell and that area was really Conservative.

Not sure when you were last at Knox, but if it was prior to roughly 2005, Elizabethtown has expanded rapidly.

glocktogo
12-13-19, 10:50
I don't care if felons vote, but prisoners? No.

If the Democrats want those still in prison to vote, then they need to release them from prison. It really is that simple.

titsonritz
12-13-19, 11:50
I don't care if felons vote, but prisoners? No.

If the Democrats want those still in prison to vote, then they need to release them from prison. It really is that simple.

This right here.

Adrenaline_6
12-13-19, 11:57
Why would you allow a segment of the population to vote on matters that concern society and it's livelihood who are currently being punished for being a detriment to said society? Talk about stupid.

teufelhund1918
12-13-19, 12:03
Definitely no prisoners should vote. They are wards of the state. Politicians could use that by making promises on prison reform in order to get their votes which wouldn't be right. They are in prison because they couldn't follow society's rules to begin with. But I do believe that a person who has served their sentence honorably and become a productive member of society that has kept a clean slate should have their rights restored after a certain time.

kwelz
12-13-19, 12:16
I have always been torn on this.

Once you have served your time you should have all your rights restored in almost every case. However I also don't see how he was able to do this via EO.

KY was a real shit show this last year. It stayed overwhelmingly red except for the governor. I know hardcore Republicans who flat out refused to even consider voting for him, even members of the party. And his pardons. Wow. It just shows why he lost.

thepatriot2705
12-13-19, 12:32
If you restore one right, you must restore them all. If dems really cared, they would reinstate right to bear arms. They only care about votes.