PDA

View Full Version : Noveske AR10 bbl popping primers and ejector flow....

The_Biased_Observer
11-17-08, 19:49
Using BH 168 and FGGM 168's, some of the BH has popped primers and all of the brass has light ejector flow visible. To add to the confusion a common malfunction is happening where the empty brass gets caught by the forward movement of the bolt and is wedged case mouth first on top of the new, fresh round being sent into the chamber. Happened 3 times out of 15 rounds this evening. Bolt is wet, shooting suppressed and unsuppressed.

Brass from suppressed firing is landing at 2 o clock, un suppressed is at 5.

I'm guessing the ejector spring may be bad or has some brass shavings stuck in it, what about the overpressure signs? Chamber is the Noveske match, is that the problem?

SHIVAN
11-17-08, 20:01
Their chamber is based on 7.62 NATO match M118, and a little tight as I recall. .308 Win is probably spiking in pressure. It was designed to use staked primered 168gr NATO match ammo.

Tspeis
11-18-08, 22:23
Per Noveske's website:

This rifle is designed and intended for use with high quality 7.62x51 NATO ammunition. Commercial ammunition may not function through this rifle based on improper projectile design or the lack of a staked primer

Tspeis

SuicideHz
11-18-08, 22:29
Well there ya go. I was afraid this would end up like that "other" Noveske thread ;)

Parabellum9x19mm
11-18-08, 22:58
(nevermind. ammo out of stock)

The_Biased_Observer
11-19-08, 21:38
Per Noveske's website:

Tspeis

"Dang". I didn't see that.

It's going to GAP to have the chamber reamed tomorrow.