PDA

View Full Version : Guns now banned from St. Louis city parks

223to45
12-19-19, 21:19
If it works expect to see more.

Missouri state law allows adults to carry guns in the open, so the new law reclassifies the parks and recreation facilities as child-care facilities, where guns are not allowed.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/guns-now-banned-from-city-parks/article_4edd803a-9565-5d89-bff8-cca408c0041b.html?utm_source=The+Trace+mailing+list&utm_campaign=7c18dd7407-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_09_24_04_06_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f76c3ff31c-7c18dd7407-112418901

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Don't Tread On Me
12-19-19, 21:34
Imma be that guy...

Difference between allowed and able. Big boy rules and all.

SomeOtherGuy
12-19-19, 21:55
Missouri state law allows adults to carry guns in the open, so the new law reclassifies the parks and recreation facilities as child-care facilities, where guns are not allowed.

They really have no shame or sense of legality, only the infantile drive for whatever they lust for at a moment in time.

Anyway, this doesn't even pass the laugh test, and most states define things like parks and child-care facilities in state statutes.

If this "logic" were allowed, why not define the entire city, state or USA as a "child care facility" and make it a no-carry zone under the appropriate city/state/federal law?

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyda_Krewson

(no equivalent article on Infogalactic, otherwise I would like to it instead.)

lsllc
12-19-19, 22:40
Pretty sure they don’t have a leg to stand on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coal Dragger
12-19-19, 23:11
LOL, St. Louis gonna get slapped down on that one. Just another way for the corrupt St. Louis area law enforcement agencies to persecute minorities as per their normal operating procedures. I grew up not far away from there, and I don’t think I’m exaggerating unfortunately.

Plus good luck enforcing that law. Only ghetto types will get hemmed up because those are the only ones St. Louis PD will even look at. If you’re a middle class white dude you can pretty much do whatever you want in St. Louis short of hucking empty beer bottles at the police and you are invisible.

flenna
12-20-19, 08:51
Well, this should make muggings, rapes and assaults much easier for the vermin in StL.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-20-19, 10:15
Yep, that is what makes STL so dangerous...

Did they eventually allow CCW on the metro link? Iirc, it was illegal to start with.

lsllc
12-20-19, 10:18
Yep, that is what makes STL so dangerous...

Did they eventually allow CCW on the metro link? Iirc, it was illegal to start with.

It’s illegal? Huh.

I’ve used a firearm in self defense twice. Once was in STL. Fortunately my rather obvious draw gesture and verbal commands stopped the thug with the knife and I didn’t have to complete that draw.

I won’t go anywhere in that city without being armed.

jack crab
12-20-19, 10:19
And in the process of changing parks to daycare centers, they triggered all the requirements that daycare centers are subject to such as restricted entry/exit, background checks on all personnel in the park, safety, restrooms, staff to visitor ratios, etc.

SomeOtherGuy
12-20-19, 10:28
And in the process of changing parks to daycare centers, they triggered all the requirements that daycare centers are subject to such as restricted entry/exit, background checks on all personnel in the park, safety, restrooms, staff to visitor ratios, etc.

nice. But the left doesn't believe law apply to them and their desires.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-20-19, 10:36
It’s illegal? Huh.

I’ve used a firearm in self defense twice. Once was in STL. Fortunately my rather obvious draw gesture and verbal commands stopped the thug with the knife and I didn’t have to complete that draw.

I won’t go anywhere in that city without being armed.

STL is a good warm-up, then East Side for the full inner city crime experience...

lsllc
12-20-19, 10:37
STL is a good warm-up, then East Side for the full inner city crime experience...

Yup, especially the other side of the river.

Coal Dragger
12-20-19, 10:39
One does not go to East St. Louis for any reason at all.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-20-19, 10:53

Peelers...

joedirt199
12-20-19, 13:52
Um that is where all the great establishments are for hard working single moms to earn a buck while they do day nursing school. Parks are child care cause that's where the kids are while parents are high in the apartment. St Louis is a gutter and I see no reason to visit and I live 20 mins away.

Budget
12-20-19, 18:29
You all are just guns everywhere Trump lovers who just hate minorities. Us progressives in The Mitten buried the N word years ago and Detroit is now known for having zero homicides a year.

jack crab
12-20-19, 22:29
nice. But the left doesn't believe law apply to them and their desires.

Haven't you been watching the couppeachment? No one is above the law.

bp7178
12-21-19, 00:19

East St. Louis, IL has NOTHING to do with St. Louis, MO.

That being said, the bill/legislation's authors don't expect this to survive a court battle nor do I.

Business_Casual
12-21-19, 08:45
Logic sanctuary.

AndyLate
12-21-19, 08:52
Peelers...

Please feel free to illuminate me...