PDA

View Full Version : New Trijicon optic coming

gamewarden
12-24-19, 13:46
Hoping for an updated RMR that has SRO battery compartment...maybe an enclosed emitter and/or a slightly bigger window.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6TUdTEA4ZP/?igshid=1rrdazkmvil62

jpmuscle
12-24-19, 14:17
This excites me bigly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everready73
12-24-19, 20:57
Hoping for an updated RMR that has SRO battery compartment...maybe an enclosed emitter and/or a slightly bigger window.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6TUdTEA4ZP/?igshid=1rrdazkmvil62

Thinking it could be an updated rmr, but I am guessing a micro sized dot to fit the several new versions of smaller ccw pistols with rds mounts like the new shield, 365, hellcat, Glock 43x etc

grizzlyblake
12-24-19, 22:35
It's a plastic RMR for 22s.

Biggy
12-25-19, 07:51
Maybe a new 1-6x LPV scope.

Wake27
12-25-19, 08:59
It's a plastic RMR for 22s.

I’d actually be down if it isn’t expensive. I was thinking last night how I’d like a red dot .22 pistol.

hotrodder636
12-25-19, 11:01
I would really like a sealed emitter with an SRO type battery setup.

Bluto
12-25-19, 11:14
I’m not one to complain (much), but I’m getting really tired of manufacturers making these announcements. It’s a new product. Big deal. It’s what you’re supposed to do when you are in any business. Stop trying to make it sound like you’re MCing the second coming...

hotrodder636
12-25-19, 11:16
LOL, yeah Glock did hype that 22 pretty heavily...

I’m not one to complain (much), but I’m getting really tired of manufacturers making these announcements. It’s a new product. Big deal. It’s what you’re supposed to do when you are in any business. Stop trying to make it sound like you’re MCing the second coming...

GTF425
12-25-19, 11:29
I’d actually be down if it isn’t expensive. I was thinking last night how I’d like a red dot .22 pistol.

The Vortex and Sig optics are more than sufficient for this.

Outlander Systems
12-25-19, 12:08
If it’s not a thermal reflex sight, I’m not interested.

There’s only so many boxes you can stuff an LED inside of. The future is now.

vicious_cb
12-25-19, 12:47

Remember a few years back they did this exact thing...and released a F'ing bow site with tritium in it.

just a scout
12-25-19, 12:48

I’d add on affordable, but then we wouldn’t be talking about Trijicon. And I love me some Trijicon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

556Cliff
12-25-19, 12:50
I'm usually always disappointed by whatever Trijicon or Aimpoint unveils at Shot Show, so I expect this time to be no different.

556Cliff
12-25-19, 12:52
Remember a few years back they did this exact thing...and released a F'ing bow site with tritium in it.

Yes! That was quite the let down.

hotrodder636
12-25-19, 13:21
That would be Uber-legit!

Snipe315
12-26-19, 17:47

I so remember that. Major disappointment indeed. So I'm not holding my breath.

RHINOWSO
12-26-19, 19:47
Funny, I don't give a $hit about these announcements because I'm not buying anything that hasn't been out for at least 6 months, if not a year before buying.

That helps you skip consumer funded beta testing and wasted ammunition.

mebiuspower
01-03-20, 15:23
Rumor has it that there's a new MRO coming...

Renegade
01-03-20, 16:05
Hopefully it will be on display at Safari Club Convention

WickedWillis
01-03-20, 16:25
Double Tap

WickedWillis
01-03-20, 16:25
Rumor has it that there's a new MRO coming...

I have heard a Gen 2 is coming as well.

Pi3
01-03-20, 17:28
An RMR with top loading battery. Hopefully a response to the Acro P-1.

Giggles
01-03-20, 19:03
Maybe they will come out with a budget line. Like the PRO.

jpmuscle
01-03-20, 22:38
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200104/73027c2b6d7f78c5277f4d7dd18243c7.jpg

[emoji848]

TheChunkNorris
01-03-20, 23:34

I mean you can always get a RMR Gen one for almost nothing.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200104/9bedb9a956cc2ff03bb2dd50a7a6a166.jpg

mebiuspower
01-04-20, 07:39
An RMR with top loading battery.

It's called the SRO.

joedirt199
01-04-20, 09:56
Aimsurplus has type 2 rmr 6moa for the price of type 1's

Pi3
01-04-20, 10:17
It's called the SRO.

The SRO is for your gaming gun. I'm looking to put a red do on a HD gun. Either rmr 2 or acro p1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzjgOq60vFE

mebiuspower
01-04-20, 10:53
It's physically not possible to have a top load battery on a RMR. If you look at the SRO, they had to push the glass forward in order to create space for the battery.

Besides, top load battery create a new problem with people not using the proper size screw driver and not torquing the cap properly causing the dot to turn off during recoil. Ask me how I know.

The ACRO has to use a smaller battery than the normal CR2032 to keep its footprint small, causing it to have shorter than expected battery life compare to the competition.

RHINOWSO
01-04-20, 12:45
I mean you can always get a RMR Gen one for almost nothing.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200104/9bedb9a956cc2ff03bb2dd50a7a6a166.jpg

Thats hot. I have a Mark II Stainless Bullbarrel with a cheaper Vortex RMR type red dot - hellofa lotta fun to shoot.

TheChunkNorris
01-06-20, 09:14
Thats hot. I have a Mark II Stainless Bullbarrel with a cheaper Vortex RMR type red dot - hellofa lotta fun to shoot.

Thanks brother and that there is a poor man’s Scorpion that I cobbled together with the help of Black Friday sales. Think I have about 1000.00 into that set up with the RMR included which was the most expensive thing. Shoots like a dream and the RMR really really makes it incredibly fun to shoot. I have a MK4 now what I shoot more often since I shoot suppressed 99% of the time.

gamewarden
01-06-20, 17:35
Sounds like it will be a product improvement and possibly a new product line. Either way we will find out in a couple days.

mebiuspower
01-06-20, 19:18
possibly a new product line.

It is and it isn't, depending on your definition of "new". Just don't hold your breath.

gamewarden
01-06-20, 19:38
It is and it isn't, depending on your definition of "new". Just don't hold your breath.

I'm not...just another stop to add to the SHOT show plan.

jpmuscle
01-07-20, 00:10

Well that statement was beyond illuminating.

jpmuscle
01-07-20, 01:18

I guess we’ll know for sure in a day or so.

mebiuspower
01-07-20, 06:50

We'll all find out in the next 24 hrs...

Torquetard
01-07-20, 11:38
1-10 AccuPower with "day time bright" illum that turns to a black reticle when it's not overcast

WickedWillis
01-07-20, 11:46
1-10 AccuPower with "day time bright" illum that turns to a black reticle when it's not overcast

Well the new Vortex Razor is 1-10x so that would not be shocking

RHINOWSO
01-07-20, 11:56
Well the new Vortex Razor is 1-10x so that would not be shocking

The ATIBAL would have another company to get butt hurt at. LMAO.

WickedWillis
01-07-20, 12:14
The ATIBAL would have another company to get butt hurt at. LMAO.

I've already heard that they are

mebiuspower
01-07-20, 15:34
https://i.imgur.com/fDQpT51.jpg

mebiuspower
01-08-20, 06:51
There's definitely going to be a "What are they thinking" moment looking at the spec sheet.

Torquetard
01-08-20, 10:31
https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotionid=1256876&utm_source=general-promotion&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main-image-link&utm_campaign=trijicon-new

Aaand no thanks

Nowski87
01-08-20, 10:59
So the Credo and the Tenmiile do what over the Accupoint and Accupower?

RHINOWSO
01-08-20, 11:28
Annnnd I have no regrets buying another Nightforce this holiday season.

Outlander Systems
01-08-20, 11:36
The Year 2020.
More LEDs stuffed in a tube.

Sounds about right.

Nowski87
01-08-20, 11:39
I tried watching the release on Youtube and I just couldn't sit through it. Any cliff notes?

RHINOWSO
01-08-20, 11:43
I tried watching the release on Youtube and I just couldn't sit through it. Any cliff notes?

Rebranded Accupowers & Accupoints. Very meh.

The midway link above has all the optics listed.

just a scout
01-08-20, 11:43
So they’re hunting scope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nowski87
01-08-20, 11:59
Rebranded Accupowers & Accupoints. Very meh.

The midway link above has all the optics listed.

That’s what it looked like when I went to the Midway link.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-08-20, 12:07
Lol! Groundbreaking, earth shattering reveals all across the gun industry. What a joke.

Torquetard
01-08-20, 12:59
Its a big circle jerk that started off with a Trijicon history lesson followed by a bunch of garbage . Like a cat dropping a dead bird off at a doorstep. I have a bunch of Trij stuff so I'm not a hater but after the NF and Vortex stuff...lol.

mebiuspower
01-08-20, 14:24
Its a big circle jerk that started off with a Trijicon history lesson followed by a bunch of garbage . Like a cat dropping a dead bird off at a doorstep.

Don't blame them, perhaps they're just listening to some marketing agency on what to do.

SouthernPhantom
01-08-20, 15:19
Why. I see warmed-over Accupowers at a higher price point.

RHINOWSO
01-08-20, 15:30
Wow, after all that the Trijicon products that peak my interest are the still RMR and maybe an LED ACOG if I have money to burn.

RHINOWSO
01-08-20, 15:31
Don't blame them, perhaps they're just listening to some marketing agency on what to do.

Lol, it's their company so it's their fault.

Besides they are the ones who think these products are actually appealing.

fingerguns
01-08-20, 19:50
Oh I don't see the need for all the static. Personally I would like to get my hands on the non illuminated 1-4. That looks to be about perfect for my needs and preferences.

Nowski87
01-08-20, 20:52
Oh I don't see the need for all the static. Personally I would like to get my hands on the non illuminated 1-4. That looks to be about perfect for my needs and preferences.

Except you are paying more than a Vortex Viper which is a 1-6, or a Burris that is a 1-5 or the Stiner all of which are illuminated and usually have throw levers as well for less money at most places. The new Trijicon offerings really aren’t good deals.

L-2
01-08-20, 20:54
It's just all so confusing to me with the variety consisting of Credo, Huron, Accupoint, Accupower, and VCOG; and some of those product names are product lines with a variety of reticles, powers, tube diameters, batteries (or no batteries), focal planes, and unknown-to-me regarding clarity and feel.

Personally, I just bought a Vortex Razor 1-6x HD Gen II, a month ago and will be staying with that for at least a year. By then, I'll decide to change or stay with the Vortex; and by then, I'll have read some more reviews of all the brands and models out there.

TheChunkNorris
01-08-20, 20:55
Except you are paying more than a Vortex Viper which is a 1-6, or a Burris that is a 1-5 or the Stiner all of which are illuminated and usually have throw levers as well for less money at most places. The new Trijicon offerings really aren’t good deals.

Almost looks like they’re geared for loyal customers who will only buy Trijicon.

Nowski87
01-08-20, 21:00
Almost looks like they’re geared for loyal customers who will only buy Trijicon.

I guess, I was excited to see what they were coming out with. I wanted a nice 2-10 for a for a hunting rifle but for the price they want for the features they offer they can keep it.

RHINOWSO
01-08-20, 21:47
Get the current version with illumination, PA has them at blowout prices for $470. Really nice glass and decent optic for that price; I mean if you are set on buying a 1-4x Trijicon. I've had it and moved on awhile ago.

opmike
01-08-20, 22:04

LOL, that's still 100% a reason to blame Trijicon.

fingerguns
01-08-20, 22:29

Your suggestion is fine if you want illumination and are happy with their reticles. I haven’t found one that I like enough to make me spend my money. The closest I came was a Luepold VX5 with a duplex reticle. Honestly the Ascent looks like it checks my boxes. It’s light, a simple and uncluttered reticle and non illuminated. I may be one out of ten thousand and crazy as a retard in bath salt but I like it simple. Heck, I’ve been running irons with a smile. Come to think about it, that’s a good way to describe how I see the ascent, a 1-4 iron.

Nowski87
01-09-20, 09:09
Okay I can see you want for that. If that's the case the Leupold Freedom series may be what you are looking for, still less than the Trijicon.

kenny256
01-09-20, 09:34
I jumped on a new accupoint 2.5x10 for $409 with green illumination. Then the company screwed up shipping so they took 10% and two dates shipping. Pretty screaming deal for what it is.

I'm sure the new offerings are improved versions, but for what they are selling the older models for its kind of nutts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fingerguns
01-09-20, 11:58
Okay I can see you want for that. If that's the case the Leupold Freedom series may be what you are looking for, still less than the Trijicon.

1” tube and made in China? Hard nope. Also the turrets are right garbage.

RKB Armory
01-10-20, 09:09
Trijicon has been such an innovative company in the optics market for a long time. They had the ACOG, The MRO, The RMR, and The SRO. The wisdom of this year's introductions has escaped me.

Pi3
01-10-20, 09:19
I was hoping for the RMR 3.

LimeSpoon
01-10-20, 10:46
I'm actually quite interested in seeing how the 1-6 Credo will turn out. I mean, has no one checked the battery life on the green reticle? 198 hours on setting 7 out of 10, and I'm told that's daylight bright. For home defense you can just leave it on all the time and swap out the battery as needed.

If Trijicon can get the glass quality right, this scope would likely compare favorably to the Razor II HDE; in fact, I think it'd be the way to go for a combat oriented 1-6 LPVO. The Razor III looks like it'll be a winner for sure, but for my purposes I'd rather have lower weight and longer battery life than more zoom.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-10-20, 11:46
I'm actually quite interested in seeing how the 1-6 Credo will turn out. I mean, has no one checked the battery life on the green reticle? 198 hours on setting 7 out of 10, and I'm told that's daylight bright. For home defense you can just leave it on all the time and swap out the battery as needed.

If Trijicon can get the glass quality right, this scope would likely compare favorably to the Razor II HDE; in fact, I think it'd be the way to go for a combat oriented 1-6 LPVO. The Razor III looks like it'll be a winner for sure, but for my purposes I'd rather have lower weight and longer battery life than more zoom.

Change battery every 8 days? For an HD gun? Really?

RHINOWSO
01-10-20, 13:28
I wanted to like the early Accupowers and ran a 1-4x24 in a carbine class - it worked ok but without bright illumination the small reticle started to get lost in the background for me. And all of these new Trijicon offerings look to be just rebranded Accupowers / Accupoints (I've owned a 1-4x of those as well) and don't excite me in the least.

For an optic in the <$1K price range I'll stick with Viper PST G2 1-6x and above that, NX-8. I'm interested in seeing the Razor III 1-10x to see if the juice is worth the squeeze. Trijicon will continue to get money for RMRs as there still isn't much out there that competes with it.

LimeSpoon
01-10-20, 14:23
Change battery every 8 days? For an HD gun? Really?If setting 7 is actually daylight bright, then you could likely leave it at 5/6 indoors and get 2-4 weeks of battery life out of it.

The Razor and K16i both have less than 48 hours' worth of daytime illumination, so even 8-9 days is a major step up in comparison.

jpmuscle
01-10-20, 15:39
I wanted to like the early Accupowers and ran a 1-4x24 in a carbine class - it worked ok but without bright illumination the small reticle started to get lost in the background for me. And all of these new Trijicon offerings look to be just rebranded Accupowers / Accupoints (I've owned a 1-4x of those as well) and don't excite me in the least.

For an optic in the <$1K price range I'll stick with Viper PST G2 1-6x and above that, NX-8. I'm interested in seeing the Razor III 1-10x to see if the juice is worth the squeeze. Trijicon will continue to get money for RMRs as there still isn't much out there that competes with it.

Side tangent about RMRs I’ll convey from my FFL buddies, You can buy some models on Amazon for less than dealer cost. Trijicon is dicks about MAP for somethings but then they go and undercut them selling to Amazon accounts.

The last RMR 01 I bought off amazon was 399. Dealer cost was around $430.

MegademiC
01-28-20, 14:04
Im interested in the 2-12 models and how the glass and tracking performs.

Pi3
01-28-20, 14:38
Side tangent about RMRs I’ll convey from my FFL buddies, You can buy some models on Amazon for less than dealer cost. Trijicon is dicks about MAP for somethings but then they go and undercut them selling to Amazon accounts.

The last RMR 01 I bought off amazon was 399. Dealer cost was around $430.

has anyone gotten a fake RMR from amazon? I've seen it in the comments section.

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B0721L3PKC/ref=acr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

RHINOWSO
01-28-20, 18:37
Just buy from Eurooptic.

jpmuscle
01-28-20, 18:49
has anyone gotten a fake RMR from amazon? I've seen it in the comments section.

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B0721L3PKC/ref=acr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

Mine came with the factory box, paperwork, etc.

Matt in TN
01-30-20, 15:08
If setting 7 is actually daylight bright, then you could likely leave it at 5/6 indoors and get 2-4 weeks of battery life out of it.

The Razor and K16i both have less than 48 hours' worth of daytime illumination, so even 8-9 days is a major step up in comparison.

My Leupold 1-6 is motion activated. I never turn it off and the batteries last about a year.