PDA

View Full Version : What brand AR magazines do I have?

GLP Standard
11-18-08, 14:00
If you need a picture, I can try and post one, but I think I can describe them easy enough. I had one that came with my gun, and I just picked up a couple of the same type, so id like to know what kind they are as they dont say the manufacturer on them.

They are a basic AR-15 magazine with a green follower. The butt plate is dark black with no writing whatsoever. There is no writing on them anywhere, except on the right side (the ejection port side) at the bottom. If you hold it so that it curves upward with the ejection port side facing you (opening on the left, buttplate on the right) on the right side (next to the bottom of the magazine) the following writing is stamped on it

6P199
04/06

Im assuming 04/06 is the date it was made, but does anyone have any idea who makes these magazines?

Boss302
11-18-08, 14:01
who manufactured your AR?

GLP Standard
11-18-08, 14:02
who manufactured your AR?

Well I bought it used, but its a Bushmaster upper mated to a Stag Arms lower.

Boss302
11-18-08, 14:04
6P199 is the cage code for Center Industries. They are good mags.

GLP Standard
11-18-08, 14:07
6P199 is the cage code for Center Industries. They are good mags.

Isnt that what our Military uses?

Boss302
11-18-08, 14:08
Isnt that what our Military uses?

They are one of a few manufacturers. They are good to go.

GLP Standard
11-18-08, 14:10
They are one of a few manufacturers. They are good to go.

Sweet. Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanted to know if I had some decent magazines or I should be in the market for some different ones.

Boss302
11-18-08, 14:12
Sweet. Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanted to know if I had some decent magazines or I should be in the market for some different ones.

No problem, glad I could help. Now just go out and buy a bunch more if you can.

GLP Standard
11-18-08, 14:16
No problem, glad I could help. Now just go out and buy a bunch more if you can.

I picked up 2 of them when I was in North Carolina from a Military Surplus store down the street from my parents house. I was thinking about having them pick me up a few more and mailing them to me. They were $10.00 a piece, which I thought was a fairly good deal, which is why I bought them. Is this about the going price, or was this a good find for me?

Boss302
11-18-08, 14:18
I picked up 2 of them when I was in North Carolina from a Military Surplus store down the street from my parents house. I was thinking about having them pick me up a few more and mailing them to me. They were $10.00 a piece, which I thought was a fairly good deal, which is why I bought them. Is this about the going price, or was this a good find for me?

$10/each is a very good deal, especially with everything that's going on right now. Have them get you a few more if you they can.

CDDM416
11-18-08, 17:03

was the place called pappy's??

GLP Standard
11-19-08, 01:21
was the place called pappy's??

No, it was simply called Military Surplus (if I remember correctly) and it was in Eden (about 5 miles south of the Virginia border, 35 miles directly north of Greensboro. I recommend stopping in there if you're ever in the area. I could go nuts in that place if I had a few hundred bucks.

uscbigdawg
11-19-08, 08:44
GLP,

For a local resource (since you're around Phoenix), if you contact Brian Williamson (www.brassmansales.com), Cactus Tactical (www.cactustactical.com) or Cavalry Arms (www.cavalryarms.com) and let them know I sent you, you'll get taken care of.

A good trick for the USGI mags (and their cousins) to help increase reliability is to throw out the green follower and springs. Replace with a Magpul Anti-Tilt Follower and an ISMI CM spring.

Rich

GLP Standard
11-19-08, 11:54
GLP,

For a local resource (since you're around Phoenix), if you contact Brian Williamson (www.brassmansales.com), Cactus Tactical (www.cactustactical.com) or Cavalry Arms (www.cavalryarms.com) and let them know I sent you, you'll get taken care of.

A good trick for the USGI mags (and their cousins) to help increase reliability is to throw out the green follower and springs. Replace with a Magpul Anti-Tilt Follower and an ISMI CM spring.

Rich

Thank you for the advice. Ill look into all three of those. Too bad they dont have a karma system on here