PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the best mag there ever was?

kal
11-18-08, 16:42
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=1088210A&chrSuperSKU=1088210&MC=

Steel reinforced feed lips....if it's good for the thicker AK polymer mag feed lips then it should be a God send for dimensionally restricted STANAG mags.

Any body have experience with these?

Verbal Kint
11-18-08, 17:05
30 rnd PMAGs, at $15-18 ea, work perfectly for me. What makes these so much better (honest question) than those? Granted they hold 5 more rounds, but they're also $22/ea.

:confused:

BAC
11-18-08, 17:11
Alright, I'll admit it, I'm intrigued. I don't think they'll perform functionally better than the Pmag (I'd put money down that they weigh quite a bit more, not to mention the extra 5 rounds), but I would be curious to see what kind of abuse they could take. Just cuz.

-B

NickB
11-18-08, 17:59
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=1088210A&chrSuperSKU=1088210&MC=

Steel reinforced feed lips....if it's good for the thicker AK polymer mag feed lips then it should be a God send for dimensionally restricted STANAG mags.

I have a couple sitting in my office. They're better than I thought they would be, but I was easily able to deform the steel insert enough to jam the follower by squeezing with my hands. Very reminiscent of AK magazines in good and bad ways. For $22, I would give one a try and see for yourself.

Verbal Kint
11-18-08, 18:16
Good to know. Thanks for sharing your opinion/results.

Tantrix
11-18-08, 18:18
Those may be better than USGI in certain ways, but Magpul hit paydirt with the Pmags. I don't think anything will come our way that will top them for a long time.

kal
11-18-08, 19:22
I have a couple sitting in my office. They're better than I thought they would be, but I was easily able to deform the steel insert enough to jam the follower by squeezing with my hands. Very reminiscent of AK magazines in good and bad ways. For $22, I would give one a try and see for yourself.

If you have the time, I would REALLY appreciate some detailed pictures on this magazine.

BAC
11-18-08, 22:03
I have. There were a few at a local gun shop/indoor range. They're pretty heavy, and could use some lube (that cover thing takes a little effort to move up and down), but seem tough enough. I think the point about the Pmags was that it's the "package deal": durable, inexpensive, lightweight, reliable. Other magazines might win out head-to-head in one or two of those categories, but when it comes down to it which would you spend $100 worth of magazines on?

-B

COLT
11-18-08, 23:37

I just ordered 10 at $19.00 a piece said it will be 190.00 total. I will see how they work.