PDA

View Full Version : This Probably Isn't Good For Gun Owners

Iraqgunz
11-18-08, 16:42
Well it appears that President elect Obama has nominated another Clinton Era person to the Attorney Generals position. I guess this is his reward for serving on Obamas election committee. He was the asst. AG under Janet Reno and this can't be good news for gun owners. IIRC, he was friends of the Brady Bunch.

Just added: I guess this is what he meant change- Hillary possible Sec State?, Rahm Emanuel Chief of Staff, Eric Holder-possible AG, does anyone see the pattern of change? Give me a break.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_attorney_general

BlueForce
11-18-08, 16:46
You were expecting John Ashcroft? :D

Verbal Kint
11-18-08, 16:48
A move like this doesn't surprise me at all. I've pretty much accepted the fact that we (firearms enthusiasts) are screwed. It doesn't matter who Obama chooses... all that matters is what we do from here to counter it.

NoBody
11-18-08, 17:40
Deleted.

BlueForce
11-18-08, 17:43
It is what it is. For example, BATF under resident Bush hasn't shown themselves to be our friends either.

Fortunately they stopped burning our villages.

NoBody
11-18-08, 17:45
LOL! Good point.

Verbal Kint
11-18-08, 17:52

LOL :D

NWPilgrim
11-18-08, 18:33

Or, were they just regrouping and refitting? :eek:

It is a grim road ahead: new AG and Justice dept, new supreme court justices coming up, likely a filibuster-proof senate and Democratic controlled House.

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-18-08, 18:47
c'm on guys, lighten up....just look on BHO's
website-he say's right there in black and white he's not gonna take your guns away...just relax...uhm...don't look behind...er...first there will be a slight pressure...grunt... a little pain...ugh... then everything will be all right in Camelot.:eek: LOL

Safetyhit
11-18-08, 22:31
No, it is not good by any means.

Stay diligent though, as I believe we will persevere. If not legally, somehow, somewhere, something is likely to happen soon as a result of the election to instill fear in the sheeple public like they have never known. It will have a bigger effect than Katrina or even Obama's victory on gun sales and overall second support.

I can almost sense it, but maybe I am just out there.

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-19-08, 01:40
I agree. It's funny, but in this case I do sense something really bad is comming. I told my wife that same thing a few weeks ago and it just makes me feel creepy. I don't want to get religious or anything but when someone comes along that doesn't have a problem being called messiah... I mean I was always taught to beware when people say such things.

Gunrider
11-19-08, 02:34
This isn't just another clinton era hack -- he was there for Waco -- As DC's lawyer he argued AGAINST Heller -- he is as anti-gun as you can get -- and he will be helping set the legal agenda.

It just got very cold in here.

I don't remember losing any gun rights while Bush was president.
You idiots who hate the government have insured us MORE intervention with our lives and rights than ever before -- for two years they will rip us new assholes.
The damage you can do sould be irreversibale -- and t hey are just about to STEAL three more senate seats, meaning Republicans can't even THREATEN to stop them

Is this the CHANGE you gun owners who voted for Obama wanted?

"well, as long as I can keep my deer rifle"

Screw every gun owner who voted for anyone other than John McCain. YOU have doomed us all.

dbrowne1
11-19-08, 07:13
I'm not fan of his, but lets get a few facts straight:

1. He wasn't "there," in Texas, when the Waco incident occurred. He wasn't even appointed as Deputy AG until 1997.

2. He didn't argue Heller on behalf of anyone. He was one of hundreds of people who signed one of many amicus briefs in support of the DC ban. Not a good thing, but not the same as being counsel for a party and being a loud advocate.

When you're throwing people like him under the bus - and I don't discourage that - try not to over-egg the pudding and make shit up. It makes you, and your cause, look bad.