PDA

View Full Version : MTAC holster versions?

ballsout
11-18-08, 20:25
1st off would you suggest this is a good holster for a tucked holster. Also what the heck is the difference between these two? I have a M&P 9 that i want to holster this for. When checking out it gives me an option for

M&P 9/40/357
or M&P 9/40/45 Slide (NO thumb safety)

What is the difference from slide (NO thumb safety) and regular?
As far as i know it the M&P45 is the only one that comes with a thumb safety so why even label the M&P9 option under it.

Which would be the better option to go with. Slide version (NO thumb safety) or regular??? I can't tell the difference.
:confused::confused:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5120/mtaceg7.jpg

LOKNLOD
11-18-08, 20:43
The M&P .45 holsters only accept the version without the thumb safety.

The "slide" version of the holsters is designed to accept all the similar models of a gun, such as fitting the compact, midsize, and long slide versions. The kydex is minimal length and longer models will stick out.

I believe what you're seeing is that slide version of the holster will fit all the M&Ps, I think, but it's still limited to no thumb safety for the .45.

ETA: I've got one of these for my G19 and it's a good setup but I haven't tried using it tucked.

Patrick Aherne
11-18-08, 20:49
Call the guys at Comp-tac, they will square you away. Don't do like I did and go against their advice.

SuicideHz
11-18-08, 20:51
They made me a holster for my "safetied" M& .45 last February. I just told them what I wanted and they made it.

I think they just tried to condense the options into as few M&P choices as possible since most M&Ps don't have a safety. I don't understand it.

They will make you anything you want though. Just ask.

Verbal Kint
11-18-08, 20:53
Call the guys at Comp-tac, they will square you away.

Their CS is top notch! I've ordered several (5-6 now) holsters from them and they've gained a customer for life... or as long as they're in business. lol. Even when they botched one of my orders (sent the wrong clips), they quickly sent out the correct clips free of charge. They ate the $18 difference + S&H to keep a customer happy. You can't beat that.

Plus, they give out free candy. :D

DZL HOG
11-18-08, 21:23
I think your question about the kydex body was answered, but I will add another + on Comptacs CS. I had a prob with the billing on my first order from them. I got billed twice but they only got the order once. I emailed them letting them know what was up, the next day I had an email showing that I had been credited for the extra charge. They do a great job of keeping you informed of your order status and ship in a very timely manner. They have a nice personal touch in the way they do business, and it makes buying from them a great experience.

SuicideHz
11-18-08, 22:08
I'll never buy another brand of holster again, I'm pretty sure.

I just bought a P7M13 and wanted to carry it. I looked around on forums and as soon as I saw someone mention the Minotaur, I shot right back over to CompTAC and looked over their holsters again. I ordered one, but not the Minotaur. I always wear an undershirt so didn't need the comfy leather.

I had an excellent experience with them above and beyond just good quality products and great prices.

I ordered a second shirt tucker for my SA Loaded. Two days after I received it I got a wild hair up my butt to trade it in on an M&P 45. I contacted CompTAC about what I had done and asked about returning it for one for the M&P. They told me to send it in and they sent out a new holster as soon as they made it. I don't think they really waited for mine to arrive and process it. As a matter of fact, I had that SA 1911 holster custom made for a Dawson speed rail. I don't know that it was a big deal but they did it for free and even accepted the holster back. I'm sure they were able to resell it but how many places do you know of that wouldn't charge some sort of restocking fee?

ballsout
11-20-08, 01:09
So if i was using only my M&P9 for this holster it would be save just to go with the

M&P 9/40/357 version?

usp_fan
11-20-08, 08:39
So if i was using only my M&P9 for this holster it would be save just to go with the

M&P 9/40/357 version?

Yep, that's what I'd do. Additionally, you asked about using it tucked. I've done this with mine and a SIG P220R. The holster clips make it possible and it works if you don't mind your shirt not being tucked "tight". Also, you do see a bit of plastic from the clips showing at your belt line.

This is a very comfortable holster! You can configure this holster for the widest variety of cant that I have every found in any holster. This feather makes it easy to find the configuration that works best for you body and pistol to conceal well and comfortably.

--usp_fan