PDA

View Full Version : Head Down Firearms

Nowski87
01-10-20, 17:38
I’m looking at buying another rifle and in my wanderings on the internet I have come across Head Down Firearms, specifically this model https://www.hdfirearms.com/product/550-HD15-OTG-Tactical-Enhanced-Patrol-Rifle--145-NONNFA

Has anyone here had any experience with this company? Just to be clear I’m not set on buying this it just caught my eye because it’s in the ball park of rifles I’m interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
01-10-20, 17:42
A coworker’s wife bought him one for Christmas because they’re local.

Dude, honestly. I wouldn’t.

I’m looking at buying another rifle and in my wanderings on the internet I have come across Head Down Firearms, specifically this model https://www.hdfirearms.com/product/550-HD15-OTG-Tactical-Enhanced-Patrol-Rifle--145-NONNFA

Has anyone here had any experience with this company? Just to be clear I’m not set on buying this it just caught my eye because it’s in the ball park of rifles I’m interested in.

Nowski87
01-10-20, 17:59
A coworker’s wife bought him one for Christmas because they’re local.

Dude, honestly. I wouldn’t.

I remember a Heads Down making weird break down rifles, I’m not sure if this is the same company. Was he having issues or was it out of spec in anyway?

Outlander Systems
01-10-20, 18:12
I’ll put it to you this way; PSA quality at Daniel Defense prices.

I remember a Heads Down making weird break down rifles, I’m not sure if this is the same company. Was he having issues or was it out of spec in anyway?

Nowski87
01-10-20, 18:15
Ahh that is for the insight, well I will pass on looking in tithes more and opt for one of my top three.

WickedWillis
01-10-20, 18:21
You can go proven and vetted for that price point. This is the first I've heard of them, and I'm on forums more than is likely healthy.

Why the 1/8 Twist on a 14.5?

Why the "receiver tensioning device"?

No free float on that MLOK rail?

Those are a few of my questions. Looks-wise, it looks a lot like the new IWI AR they are announcing at SHOT, in fact I would be surprised if the MLOK rail is not Identical

Nowski87
01-10-20, 18:24
Yeah I’m in the same boat on the forums. I think the rail is free floated but I think I’m going to spend a bit more and either pick up ADM UIC or a BCM. Which ever is available when I’m ready to order.

Outlander Systems
01-10-20, 18:38
[duplicate]

Outlander Systems
01-10-20, 18:38
This would be a much more prudent choice.

Yeah I’m in the same boat on the forums. I think the rail is free floated but I think I’m going to spend a bit more and either pick up ADM UIC or a BCM. Which ever is available when I’m ready to order.

everready73
01-10-20, 21:01

Good choices. The centurion arms rifle at 1200 is a really good value as well

I am interested in the new G guns as well but waiting on some feedback on barrels etc

Stickman
01-11-20, 00:28
Good choices. The centurion arms rifle at 1200 is a really good value as well

I am interested in the new G guns as well but waiting on some feedback on barrels etc

Hard to go wrong with the Centurion Arms line up.

Nowski87
01-11-20, 10:24
Hard to go wrong with the Centurion Arms line up.

I like what Centurion is doing but I feel BCM edges them out just a bit for the price point. Though if the barrels in the Centurion’s are more accurate then I would think twice.

everready73
01-11-20, 16:53
I like what Centurion is doing but I feel BCM edges them out just a bit for the price point. Though if the barrels in the Centurion’s are more accurate then I would think twice.

To each his own. The centurion is $1200. The BCM complete rifles are just as much or more especially for the chf versions.

The Centurion will be more accurate, has a pinned gas block (BCM doesn't), and a better rail durability wise (imo)

Both are great guns, but the value is definitely there for the Centurion imo