PDA

View Full Version : LWRC DI or BCM advice please

Jermedic
01-10-20, 22:26
I'm looking to pick up either another upper or maybe a complete rifle. I haven't found much info out there about the LWRC line of DI guns and that is one of my options I am considering. LGS has a few and they seem well built and I like the full ambi lower as well. Does anyone have any real world experience with these that they can share? Other option would be ordering a complete upper from BCM, most likely a 14.5 or 16 mid length.

MC_Oper8or
01-11-20, 00:39
My Ldub has been flawless. Smooth, excellent build quality, and very accurate. Probably heavier than bcm options and the upper is proprietary. Trigger is nothing to write home about.

Get both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alx01
01-11-20, 00:48
See post #8
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?219734-Suppressor-on-LWRC-issue&p=2798408#post2798408

markm probably had some negative experience with them. maybe he'll chime in on this post as well.

Caduceus
01-11-20, 05:36
My LWRC was great. Kind of regret selling it, but had blown way too much in the last year and wife mandated some money recouping.

boss_hawg
01-11-20, 06:25
I can’t speak to LWRC as I’ve never owned one but I absolutely love my BCM rifle.

I had a 14.5 BCM upper with pinned muzzle device that I put many rounds through without issues. I foolishly traded it for a shiny object and came to regret the transaction.

I now own a lightweight mid length 16”. Again no issues whatsoever. It is my “go to” rifle.

In my opinion, BCM makes a very fine rifle.

prepare
01-11-20, 06:57
What does LWRC stand for?

boss_hawg
01-11-20, 07:09
Originally: Leitner Wise Rifle Company

I think they changed it to Land Warfare Research Corp or something like that.

boss_hawg
01-11-20, 07:12
Originally: Leitner Wise Rifle Company

I think they changed it to Land Warfare Research Corp or something like that.

Land Warfare Resources Corp per Wikipedia

markm
01-11-20, 07:44
LWRC is trash and shouldn't be compared with BCM in any way shape or form. LWRC(i) was (and still is a) bottom feeding, lying, garbage manufacturer.

Aside from their PROVEN astro turfing antics in the past. They've taken their garbage guns on the various "cable tv" mil/gun programs and their junk shit the bed so bad it wasn't even edited out. They can't even hand select a functional gun for video media promotion.

But their Customer Service is GREAT!!! Just ask their employees when they pop up to post that when NO ONE asked.

prepare
01-11-20, 07:57
They certainly are higher priced than BCM.

georgeib
01-11-20, 07:58
LWRC is trash and shouldn't be compared with BCM in any way shape or form. LWRC(i) was (and still is a) bottom feeding, lying, garbage manufacturer.

Aside from their PROVEN astro turfing antics in the past. They've taken their garbage guns on the various "cable tv" mil/gun programs and their junk shit the bed so bad it wasn't even edited out. They can't even hand select a functional gun for video media promotion.

But their Customer Service is GREAT!!! Just ask their employees when they pop up to post that when NO ONE asked.

Don't hold back Mark, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

Jermedic
01-11-20, 09:16
Thanks for the input so far. I guess I should have mentioned that this will be for an all around rifle and I’m trying to keep it on the lightweight side. I have an older BCM upper with a quad rail on it so I like the idea of a lighter version of that. I’m leaning towards this 14.5 pinned and welded with the BCM Comp Mod 1 installed. https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-bfh-14-5-mid-length-enhanced-light-weight-upper-receiver-group-w-mcmr-13-handguard/

Vic79
01-11-20, 09:30
BCM They just work for the most part. LWRC is like a boutique brand, They seem to be springing up more and more, I try to fancy up the rifle with all this wiz bang features and improved coatings when really it’s just not needed.

Walker_Texasranger
01-11-20, 14:17
Thanks for the input so far. I guess I should have mentioned that this will be for an all around rifle and I’m trying to keep it on the lightweight side. I have an older BCM upper with a quad rail on it so I like the idea of a lighter version of that. I’m leaning towards this 14.5 pinned and welded with the BCM Comp Mod 1 installed. https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-bfh-14-5-mid-length-enhanced-light-weight-upper-receiver-group-w-mcmr-13-handguard/

That’s my main gun on a BCM lower with an A5. It’s great but also sucks because it’s making me lose interest in getting other guns when I know I’ll go shoot the BCM most of the time.

everready73
01-11-20, 16:49
I don't view lwrc as a duty grade gun. People on tos seen to love them though lol. The di can be had a little over 1k these days but I would take BCM and lots of other brands every time

A few other considerations to BCM. I like BCM but not a huge fan of their barrels from an accuracy standpoint compared to others. They are def combat accurate and suit most needs though

Centurion and rifle. This thing is $1200 and one of the best deals out there considering the parts and quality. Chf chrome lined barrel, pinned gas block, very good cmr mlock rail etc

Sionics patrol three or 3e. The later is a little cheaper 1kish because it has standard not np3 bcg and a few other differences. Barrels see accurate and everything is great quality

SOLGW- really like their A5 lowers and m76 rails. They will replace your barrel if you ever shoot it out. They use all quality parts

Defaultmp3
01-11-20, 17:40
BCM They just work for the most part. LWRC is like a boutique brand, They seem to be springing up more and more, I try to fancy up the rifle with all this wiz bang features and improved coatings when really it’s just not needed.LWRC is a boutique brand? I would argue that BCM is more of one than LWRC, given how LWRC makes more things in house than BCM. After all, LWRC forges their own receivers and makes their own CHF barrels, neither of which BCM is capable of doing. This is not to say that a LWRC rifle is better than BCM, just that calling them a boutique brand is not very accurate, given their manufacturing capabilities.

Walker_Texasranger
01-11-20, 18:42
LWRC is a boutique brand? I would argue that BCM is more of one than LWRC, given how LWRC makes more things in house than BCM. After all, LWRC forges their own receivers and makes their own CHF barrels, neither of which BCM is capable of doing. This is not to say that a LWRC rifle is better than BCM, just that calling them a boutique brand is not very accurate, given their manufacturing capabilities.

That’s an accurate point but it doesn’t really matter who makes what as long as it’s made to the specs that the company wants and adequate QC is done. Yea, BCM is pretty much an assembler but so is Colt for the most part from what I hear. I don’t care where the parts are coming from as long as they are quality.

VLODPG
01-11-20, 18:44
I have a LWRC Six8 that I absolutely love. My only issue is feeding her!

I also have plenty of BCM and have had no issue with either.

Caduceus
01-12-20, 05:57
One thing people haven't mentioned is LWRC usually come with ambi lowers and their bolt carrier is a single piece with the gas key, not screwed on. Plus they're coated (not sure if NP3, NiB, or what). So there's extra value in their price, if you want those features.

MC_Oper8or
01-12-20, 09:51
NiB carrier.

veeklog
01-12-20, 14:23
I still have a LWRC M6A2 10.5” upper i bought twelve or thirteen years ago that I never shoot; I prefer my LMTs and Colts over the LWRC. If I would have been on this site and listened to MARKM I would never have purchased it. One of the things I hate about is that I cannot find a replacement hand guard for the heavy one it came with

MegademiC
01-12-20, 22:06
NiB carrier.

All things equal this alone would push me in the other direction. Gas key being integral is another....

Jermedic
01-15-20, 19:54
Thanks everyone for the input. Going to order the BCM 14.5 that I linked to in a previous post. It will go on one of my 6920 lowers with an Aimpoint PRO.

Hox013
01-15-20, 20:17
LWRC DI hands down for me. One I had ran awesome, the ambi lowers are great, and the way the front end is designed is a bit stiffer than typical AR's. For the prive I think they are great.

grizzlyblake
01-15-20, 21:05
Sionics. If you have any questions call the main number and talk to Josh, the owner.