PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run the LMT Rebar Cutter Flash Hider?

1022rimfire
11-18-08, 23:29
Does anyone here have user impressions of the LMT rebar cutter? Just curious.
Pretty spendy but I'm wondering about it'sability to suppress flash?

spamsammich
11-19-08, 01:14
Have you seen it in real life? I'm not sure about the ability to suppress flash, but that damned thing looks about a pound heavier than a KX3. I saw a bin of them at Rainier and they are HUGE. I can't think of a single reason for a civ to run one.

ra2bach
11-19-08, 08:14
Have you seen it in real life? I'm not sure about the ability to suppress flash, but that damned thing looks about a pound heavier than a KX3. I saw a bin of them at Rainier and they are HUGE. I can't think of a single reason for a civ to run one.

uh, to cut rebar?

:p

Gunrider
11-19-08, 09:04

Crowd control?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Lucilecuts.jpg

Seriously, it does cut rebar great with one round of M855. LMTs best selling accessory so some civvies must have a lot of rebar to cut...

beavo451
11-19-08, 11:29
I can't think of a single reason for a civ to run one.

We should ban it then.

markm
11-19-08, 11:43
Seriously, it does cut rebar great with one round of M855. LMTs best selling accessory so some civvies must have a lot of rebar to cut...

They should come up with a saw or something to cut rebar. I bet construction companies could cut costs with the price of M855 where it is!

Dave L.
11-19-08, 11:44
Had anyone actually "cut rebar" with one?

markm
11-19-08, 11:47
Had anyone actually "cut rebar" with one?

I think Sweeney did in his LMT write up a while back.

Dave L.
11-19-08, 12:15
I think Sweeney did in his LMT write up a while back.

eh, I highly doubt any normal person needs one of these. Besides, how will you put your bayonet over that thing when you run out of rounds:cool:

markm
11-19-08, 12:17
You don't need a bayo. Just cut some rebar for a stabbing tool!

Dave L.
11-19-08, 12:19
You don't need a bayo. Just cut some rebar for a stabbing tool!

Does anyone make a kydex holster for that?
p.s. must be drop leg.

Gunrider
11-19-08, 12:47
eh, I highly doubt any normal person needs one of these. Besides, how will you put your bayonet over that thing when you run out of rounds:cool:

This thing is SHARP. Look at the end:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/_MG_4573.jpg

Think of it as a circular bayonet.
Or a cookie cutter.

Everyone with an AR should have one.

Failure2Stop
11-19-08, 13:09
Our breachers played with one a while back. No report on how much flash was suppressed, but they did find that the most common thicknesses of rebar were not severed with a single M855 shot (can't remember if Mk 262 or M193 performed differently), but rather that the rebar would magically have a single 5.56 mm hole straight through it, requiring more shots from different angles (which can be an issue) or employment of a dedicated cutting device.

This is second-hand information of course, but from a trusted and reliable source personally known by me.

Fringe
11-19-08, 13:18
This has always seemed a total novelty to me. I do not understand why anyone would want to fire a round to cut rebar rather than use a much safer and quieter cutter of some kind similar to what a construction worker would use.