PDA

View Full Version : Phase 5 EBRv3 with Ambi Mag Release

Curh
01-13-20, 10:43
I have Phase 5 EBRv3 bolt catch's on my rifles, and love them. I am trying to figure out which ambi mag releases would work with it. I've only been able to find pictures of the releases with a bad lever, but they sit differently.

Based on the Phase5s design, its offset that I think the Troy would for sure work, just a long reach for the button. The norgon would probably work but may be too tight to use effectively. The other item I was looking at was the KAC release, which I am wondering if it can go under the phase5?

lordmorgul
01-14-20, 10:33
Great, wondering the same. I have EBRv3 on my RAW and cannot currently add ambi mag release, but I also have EBRv1 (the bolt on version, not single piece) on my featureless. Would like to add ambi to that rifle, and have parts available for others for future use.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Curh
01-16-20, 12:52
Well the Troy one works well, usable and not to crowded.

The KA one looks like it would be to long. The Norgon might work but be too tight.

I am going to try a Strike Industries as well, it looks like it may work.