PDA

View Full Version : LSU vs. Clemson

01-13-20, 15:59
Who's your pick?

Let's go SEC!

Adrenaline_6
01-13-20, 17:05
LSU's offense looks unstoppable, but I would never count out a Brent Venables defense with 2 weeks of prep time.

OH58D
01-13-20, 20:08
I have to pick LSU - the wife's mother's family is from Louisiana, and my eldest son went to LSU after he left the Navy.

Pappabear
01-13-20, 21:26
SEC SEC SEC great first half. But never let off the gas vs the other Tigers.

PB

01-13-20, 21:50
Clemson just scored TD and adds 2pt. conversion to cut lead to 3.

Good game.

Geaux LSU!

OldState
01-13-20, 21:50
Really tired of the SEC narrative. With the exception of Florida they all allow over signing which the NCAA somehow still allows. The BIG 10 and some other teams disallows it which is a severe disadvantage. If you don’t know what that is look it up. Add to that none of them will play in weather colder than 70.

That said Clemson has played no one this season and had some close games with bad opponents. Also, the refs gave them the playoff game on that BS turn over reversal. Based on that I’m rooting for LSU.

01-13-20, 22:01
I have to pick LSU - the wife's mother's family is from Louisiana, and my eldest son went to LSU after he left the Navy.

Geaux LSU!

I knew I liked y’all; now I know why.

Business_Casual
01-14-20, 06:57
OSU, it was a fumble.

OH58D
01-14-20, 07:42
I knew I liked y’all; now I know why.
When I hear Ed Orgeron speak, it's like being around the wife's relatives. She gave my family a nice injection of Cajun Culture (she's half Cajun), and her dad's family are from Northwestern Arkansas since the 1820's. Quite a mix for my family - New Mexico Old Spanish and Louisiana Old Cajun and Arkansas. Can't complain, she has given us some of that good Southern Cookin' mixed now with New Mexico Green Chile. My three kids have identified with their 400 year Spanish Culture from here, and that Southern US culture.

Geaux Tigers

chuckman
01-14-20, 08:05
I love Ed Orgeron. Reminds me of The Water Boy, in a good way. Not only is he a bubba but he is wicked smart, too.

I wanted Clemson to win because ACC, but not in the least bit disappointed about LSU's win.

A natty championship AND beating UNC at UNC for the first time, ever? Would have been a great week for them.

Adrenaline_6
01-14-20, 08:55
Yea....you had that feeling that LSU was destined for this win. Playing in Louisiana...the whole Bergeron mystique....their OC coordinator's daughter in law dies in plane crash going to the playoff game vs OK. Destiny.

Good game. Congrats on their win.

Biggy
01-14-20, 09:03
I sure hope Joe Burrow‘s talents are not squandered, if he goes to the Bungle’s.

Grand58742
01-17-20, 21:40
Trump is always good with off the cuff remarks, but this one was really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMce40z0rcM

And of course, USA Today got their panties in a wad because the President used profanity! Those poor, sheltered kids have never heard a curse word before!

I'd love to see that writer sit through a single college football practice and listen to the colorful language casually tossed around.

flenna
01-18-20, 06:04
Trump is always good with off the cuff remarks, but this one was really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMce40z0rcM

And of course, USA Today got their panties in a wad because the President used profanity! Those poor, sheltered kids have never heard a curse word before!

I'd love to see that writer sit through a single college football practice and listen to the colorful language casually tossed around.

I bet the same USA Today was applauding when Talib the Terrorist said in a press conference that "we are going to impeach the m-fer". The hypocrisy of the left is monumental and discredits anything they say.

Grand58742
01-18-20, 09:11
I bet the same USA Today was applauding when Talib the Terrorist said in a press conference that "we are going to impeach the m-fer". The hypocrisy of the left is monumental and discredits anything they say.

I have the opportunity to get far closer to the sidelines and team benches than most and I've heard some very... candid remarks coming from coaches. One head coach in particular who shall go unnamed but has a great mullet is a kind and thoughtful type that offered to buy a referee some sexual glasses and how he could reflect on himself after he put them on.