PDA

View Full Version : Do they make a suppressor that fits over a Perm Attached Phantom Flash Hider?

zippygaloo
11-19-08, 03:56
I have a 14.5" barrel with a permanently attached flash YHM Phantom Flash Hider. Do they make a suppressor that will work with my barrel/flash hider combo?

Robb Jensen
11-19-08, 05:38
I have a 14.5" barrel with a permanently attached flash hider. Do they make a suppressor that will work with my barrel?

What make of flash hider?

Just about any 22mm flash hider can mount a AAC Omni (http://www.advanced-armament.com/omni.asp) or a Gem-Tech HALO (http://www.gem-tech.com/HALO.html).

markm
11-19-08, 07:06
I thought Noveske had 14.5 N4 barrels that he permed either an AAC or Surfire mount to.

Probably irrelevant anyway though.... with all the panic buying I can't imagine being able to get one anyway.

markm
11-19-08, 14:25
Diameter.

Ignore my previous reply. I misread your question.

If I were in your shoes. I'd have a smith remove my phantom, and perm an M4-1000 or M4-2000 mount in its place.

glockshooter
11-19-08, 16:24
I do not know of a can that will mount onto your FH, but if you like the YHM FH you can go with a YHM Phantom can. It uses a YHM Phanton FH that is adapted to work with their can. All you would have to do is send your upper to a company like Adco and have them remove your currently pinned FH, and pin on the new FH/ supperssor mount. I did this same thing ealier this year.

Matt

markm
11-19-08, 20:10
Yeah. Phantom is a good option too.

usp_fan
11-19-08, 20:22
Both the cans listed above should work with your phantom provided it was mounted with a peel washer and not a crush washer before being perm. fixed. As I understand it, these cans locate on the diameter and the back shoulder of the muzzle device.

--usp_fan

markm
11-20-08, 07:29
Both the cans listed above should work with your phantom provided it was mounted with a peel washer and not a crush washer before being perm. fixed. As I understand it, these cans locate on the diameter and the back shoulder of the muzzle device.

--usp_fan

You're not supposed to use ANY washer of any kind for AAC mounts. I don't know about the phantom. I've shot the phantom, but didn't take not if the guy's mount used a washer.

rob_s
11-20-08, 07:31

--usp_fan

Maybe I'm misreading this, but neither the YHM can or either of the two AAC cans mentioned will mount to a standard phantom flashider and each require their own proprietary mount.

scottryan
11-20-08, 07:54
Register you gun as an SBR if you live in a free state.

It will be worth it in the end.