PDA

View Full Version : Finished my 10.3 today

Smitty908
01-15-20, 22:44
Finished this up today...

Now I just need the ATF to hand over my can that I bought back in March...

https://i.imgur.com/nN7W8ta.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SMHxSZK.jpg

Specs as follows:

Upper

Aero Precision Upper
Geissele MK14 Rail
Ballistic Advantage Hanson 10.3 Barrel
Superlative Arms Gas block
V7 Inconel Gas tube
Toolcraft NiB C158 BCG
Cherry bomb by Q Muzzle device
BCM Mod 0 Charging handle
Surefire M300 Light
BCM Mount
Cloud defense switch mount
Geissele Buis
Aimpoint T2 Optic
Larue 660HK Mount
SLR Handstop
BCM Covers

Lower

Noveske Gen 1 Lower
BCM Extension
Magpul Grip
Geissele S3G Trigger
Magpul STR Stock
Magpul H2 Buffer
Springco Spring
Lancer B5 Mag
Noveske Pins
Noveske Endplate
Strike Industries mag release
Battle Arms safety
Badger Ordnance bolt catch

iflyskyhigh
01-16-20, 08:10
Slick looking gun. Love that comp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-18-20, 19:52
Great choice of components. I see your LCS is pretty far back, is that your natural hand placement or did you put your LCS that far back because of the front BUIS?

FlyingHunter
01-18-20, 21:03
Well done sir!

trauma
01-18-20, 21:07
I gotta pick up a cherry bomb soon and try it out, reminds of a triple tap.

rvanno
01-18-20, 22:51
Just beautiful... Nice work

prepare
01-19-20, 05:03
Interesting gas tube!

Smitty908
01-19-20, 10:00
Great choice of components. I see your LCS is pretty far back, is that your natural hand placement or did you put your LCS that far back because of the front BUIS?

It could physically go one more slot forward, but I was afraid the bend of the wire would be too extreme, because of the proximity of the BUIS.

(I do have small hands though, so it’s not a big deal for me personally)..

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-20-20, 12:28
It could physically go one more slot forward, but I was afraid the bend of the wire would be too extreme, because of the proximity of the BUIS.

(I do have small hands though, so it’s not a big deal for me personally)..

I know my solution is less than optimal, but it works best for me so I can get my hand out as far as possible:

https://i.imgur.com/UxOVt9S.jpg

JediGuy
01-20-20, 14:21
Interesting setup there. Have you tried turning the front sight “backward” so it folds out over the barrel? That would also move your hand away from the sling swivel. Not a criticism, but the sling point was notable to me when I was setting up a similar carbine.

Life's a Hillary
02-07-20, 11:36
Beautiful setup, it looks very well done with all the things you need without overdoing it

WickedWillis
02-07-20, 12:07
I have to ask, how brutal is the cherry bomb on your 10.3?

Smitty908
02-08-20, 10:36
It’s pretty rough without the can. Makes a hell of a flash too. Fingers crossed, I should be only about another month out from getting approval on my Saker 556K that I bought last March ..

Leftie
02-08-20, 12:46
That's a really slick build! Nice work. I'm interested in learning more about the iconel gas tube - any particular reason behind the decision, just curious.

Interesting setup there. Have you tried turning the front sight “backward” so it folds out over the barrel? That would also move your hand away from the sling swivel. Not a criticism, but the sling point was notable to me when I was setting up a similar carbine.

I second this idea. A friend of mine used to do this on his 10.3" uppers and had good success balancing available rail real-estate with hand placement etc. He was a big dude too, and needed all the extra length/reach he could get.

02-08-20, 13:49
Backup front sight does not need to be anywhere near the front of the rail. It is a secondary system. Your flashlight is a primary system. Cowan has a good video on this.

Another option is to use a fixed BUIS front sight, such as the Troy. This takes up less of your already limited rail space.

artoter
02-22-20, 20:52
Smitty, that looks great! :cool:

DaBigBR
02-23-20, 07:55
I have my OWL at the far end of my 11.5 gun and my rear BUIS behind it. Works great. No perceptible loss of function or accuracy within the context of it being a backup sight. I agree 100% with 1168.