PDA

View Full Version : Fudds Vs Gun grabbers

WillBrink
01-16-20, 14:24
Which is worse? Fudd's are defacto gun grabbers, but you know what I/m saying here.

I find the Fudd irritates me worse then the straight "all guns are bad" gun grabbers. I got into it with one recently, and that statement like "I own guns and go hunting every year but there's some guns people really should not have" and blah blah makes me wanna reach through the screen and choke the chit out of them.

The gun grabbers are just ignorant turds or commies etc,, but the Fudd's, they just take it to another level of failure as human beings for me.

Which do you find more worthless and why?

Evel Baldgui
01-16-20, 14:27
Both are equally useless vermin that serve no utility; fudds are the enemy within.

223to45
01-16-20, 14:47
Fudds are the worst.

At least the other side you can count on. You know exactly where they stand.

Fudds are just back stabbers.

I think they a bigger threat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WillBrink
01-16-20, 14:59
Fudds are the worst.

At least the other side you can count on. You know exactly where they stand.

Fudds are just back stabbers.

I think they a bigger threat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My least favorite of them all, the military Fudd. It's astounding how many in the mil or ex mil are Fudd's and for gun control. None that I know personally, but it's common to see. Guy I was talking to did 25 years in the mil.

What the actual % of mil are Fudd's I don't know, but that they exist at all blow my mind.

Maybe some of the mil members can explain that one to me.

just a scout
01-16-20, 15:02
Ha! I remember bringing ARs to the range about 20 years ago. Gun club. We were working on zeros for new guns, etc. old fudds in the lanes next to we’re aghast that we were firing so fast! (About 5 ends a min), some oil on the exterior was burning off, which was proof we were burning up the guns!!! And of course, how did we come to have those deadly guns in Illinois?! We’re they registered?? We’re we police or active military??!!! No reason for anyone to have those rifles!!! They were far to dangerous I was assured by the loudest guy who was a Viet Nam vet, in the Air Force.

As they were shooting bolt action heavy barrel .22s at 25 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

StovePipe_Jammer
01-16-20, 15:07
If someone wants to own an over/under 12 gauge that only sees the light of day during pheasant season, fine. More power to em.

But when their very vocal opinions are then used as fuel for the gun grabbers to say "See? The average gun owner even supports these bans!", I get irritated. They'll sell you out to be able to keep what they have.

I'd rather the only time I hear from them is when they're complaining the muzzle break on my rifle is making their 1911 jam.

StovePipe_Jammer
01-16-20, 15:07
double tap

titsonritz
01-16-20, 15:39
Now, now, let's not be divisive, even if they are bunch of ****ing idiots.

jsbhike
01-16-20, 16:51
If someone wants to own an over/under 12 gauge that only sees the light of day during pheasant season, fine. More power to em.

But when their very vocal opinions are then used as fuel for the gun grabbers to say "See? The average gun owner even supports these bans!", I get irritated. They'll sell you out to be able to keep what they have.

I'd rather the only time I hear from them is when they're complaining the muzzle break on my rifle is making their 1911 jam.

I have to say a complete ban on the possession of over under shotguns might not be a bad thing due to their misleading use in political ads. ;)

Diamondback
01-16-20, 17:08
Fudds are like the Kapos who herded their fellow Jews into the showers at Auschwitz.

SteyrAUG
01-16-20, 17:24
What's funny is German law enforcement see's nothing wrong with your average LEO having a MP5, but they are aghast at the thought that US LEOs actually use 12 ga. shotguns, which Europeans find barbaric.

Thankfully not all hunters and target shooters are fudds, but honestly I know people who own AR-15s that think nobody should have an AK-47 (and yes I'm talking semi autos only). I also know people with CCWs who think lorcins, ravens, jennings and the like should be banned and they buy into that Saturday Night Special nonsense. I know people who own M1 Garands that think nobody should be allowed to own a SKS because gang members use them.

There is no end to divisiveness once you engage in it. Logic seldom factors and it comes down to you either respect peoples rights, even if you find how they use them distasteful or you don't actually respect people rights. This means if we really believe in free speech and free expression that means we have to listen to idiots in the KKK, ACP and ANP spout their stupidity so long as they don't turn actions into words.

As for guns, I think any non prohibited person should be able to walk into a gun store and buy an M4 / M16 for about the same price as a LE6920. I know that even though it could be used to kill people, a couple gallons of gasoline, door chains and locks can kill far more people than anyone carrying a full auto M4 and 150 rounds in loaded mags.

If ever I decided to kill everyone in the building, I could pull it off with $50. Thankfully most of the unstable people get their inspiration from video games or whatever and they don't rack up the serious body counts.

armtx77
01-16-20, 17:28
Here is where I stand: there are people who should exercise their 2A right to NOT own a firearm.
Unfortunately, there are a small number of gun owners, who fall into that category.

Arik
01-16-20, 17:35
Fudds! Straight up Mf'ing Fudds!!! Years ago I was on another gun forum and.....I think I've said it before but... one guy straight up said he was ok with banning everything as long as they don't touch his wood and steel guns. Bolt actions, 1911s, revolvers and classic shotguns. Basically anything from 50s on down. I told him that that Mauser K98 is an implement of war used to kill millions and is a deadly sniper rifle capable of delivering long range death! Crickets! Got his head so far up his ass he can't see that anything can be made to sound evil, deadly and no one needs it!

glocktogo
01-16-20, 17:36
What's funny is German law enforcement see's nothing wrong with your average LEO having a MP5, but they are aghast at the thought that US LEOs actually use 12 ga. shotguns, which Europeans find barbaric.

Thankfully not all hunters and target shooters are fudds, but honestly I know people who own AR-15s that think nobody should have an AK-47 (and yes I'm talking semi autos only). I also know people with CCWs who think lorcins, ravens, jennings and the like should be banned and they buy into that Saturday Night Special nonsense. I know people who own M1 Garands that think nobody should be allowed to own a SKS because gang members use them.

There is no end to divisiveness once you engage in it. Logic seldom factors and it comes down to you either respect peoples rights, even if you find how they use them distasteful or you don't actually respect people rights. This means if we really believe in free speech and free expression that means we have to listen to idiots in the KKK, ACP and ANP spout their stupidity so long as they don't turn actions into words.

As for guns, I think any non prohibited person should be able to walk into a gun store and buy an M4 / M16 for about the same price as a LE6920. I know that even though it could be used to kill people, a couple gallons of gasoline, door chains and locks can kill far more people than anyone carrying a full auto M4 and 150 rounds in loaded mags.

If ever I decided to kill everyone in the building, I could pull it off with $50. Thankfully most of the unstable people get their inspiration from video games or whatever and they don't rack up the serious body counts.

I'm surprised they didn't mandate .32ACP for their MP5's. LOL

john armond
01-16-20, 17:38
My least favorite of them all, the military Fudd. It's astounding how many in the mil or ex mil are Fudd's and for gun control. None that I know personally, but it's common to see. Guy I was talking to did 25 years in the mil.

What the actual % of mil are Fudd's I don't know, but that they exist at all blow my mind.

Maybe some of the mil members can explain that one to me.

Just got in an argument with one of those ex-military Fudds at work today. I was talking about the CO officer that had the red flag law against him after a justified on-duty shooting. The red flag case was filed by the mother of the 19 year old the LEO shot after being attacked with a knife. This co-worker states, “It was only a knife, all he had to do was keep backing up and taze him.” Then went on to say “I don’t care if a cop looses his gun rights if it just saves one life.” Here’s the kicker, he and I are both LEOS, and he is even a firearms instructor and on our version of a SWAT team!

Diamondback
01-16-20, 17:54
Just got in an argument with one of those ex-military Fudds at work today. I was talking about the CO officer that had the red flag law against him after a justified on-duty shooting. The red flag case was filed by the mother of the 19 year old the LEO shot after being attacked with a knife. This co-worker states, “It was only a knife, all he had to do was keep backing up and taze him.” Then went on to say “I don’t care if a cop looses his gun rights if it just saves one life.” Here’s the kicker, he and I are both LEOS, and he is even a firearms instructor and on our version of a SWAT team!

How clueless can some people be? The human body is simply NOT BUILT to move backwards at high speed--by the time you've given three feet of ground in retreat he's advanced at least six.

jsbhike
01-16-20, 18:08

While I don't support the lack of due process in general, having it applied like this may ultimately be a good thing since some officers (your co-worker excluded) may get off the fence (or full support) since they have skin in the game instead of an exemption.

john armond
01-16-20, 18:27
He will never get it, doesn’t seem to believe the general public should be able to have guns, and probably thinks mine should be taken away because I disagree with him. Unfortunately I see at least some aspect of this in a bunch of people at work. Most of them, like this one, are rabid anti Trump people. Of course none of them complain about their retirement investments and pay rising way more than when the last guy was in office.

Diamondback
01-16-20, 18:43
He will never get it, and unfortunately I see this attitude a lot at work.
Even if HE gets Red Flagged? Frankly, he sounds a little over-eager to kick in somebody's door without caring whose, and maybe just a bit mentally unstable too... See What I Did There?

Good on you for trying to keep the house clean and in order!

john armond
01-16-20, 18:49
Even if HE gets Red Flagged? Frankly, he sounds a little over-eager to kick in somebody's door without caring whose, and maybe just a bit mentally unstable too... See What I Did There?

Good on you for trying to keep the house clean and in order!

I was in the middle of editing TMI out of my post when you posted this, but yes, I definitely see what you did.

Diamondback
01-16-20, 18:58
I was in the middle of editing TMI out of my post when you posted this, but yes, I definitely see what you did.

Know, sir, that you and those like you are appreciated. Thanks for keeping the faith and fighting the good fight, futile as it may sometimes seem. :)

In my modest observation, usually one of the fastest ways to make somebody rethink a position is to put them personally facing the Downrange end of it...

john armond
01-16-20, 19:03
How clueless can some people be? The human body is simply NOT BUILT to move backwards at high speed--by the time you've given three feet of ground in retreat he's advanced at least six.

Coming from someone who also is a DT instructor is actually pretty scary.

BoringGuy45
01-16-20, 19:03
Fudds are the worst. If gun grabbers are the enemy, fudds are collaborators. The worst thing about fudds is that they seek out gun stores and gun owners who own "evil" guns in order to let them know about the disdain they have for their weapons. In all my years in gun sales, I never had any loudmouth, commie, social justice warrior come in and start shit about us selling guns. However, I DID have more than a few stuck up fudds come into the store for no other reason than to chastise us for selling the ugly black plastic guns. They almost always said the same things: Nobody needed these stupid "assault guns"; guns are for hunting deer and birds, not people. Plus, ARs are ugly and no self-respecting gun owner would ever blemish his collection with that plastic hunk of junk. And, of course, everybody should be carrying revolvers, and if you learned to make those six shots count, you wouldn't need a high capacity 'clip' in a semiauto that's just going to jam anyway.

Arik
01-16-20, 19:16
Fudds are the worst. If gun grabbers are the enemy, fudds are collaborators. The worst thing about fudds is that they seek out gun stores and gun owners who own "evil" guns in order to let them know about the disdain they have for their weapons. In all my years in gun sales, I never had any loudmouth, commie, social justice warrior come in and start shit about us selling guns. However, I DID have more than a few stuck up fudds come into the store for no other reason than to chastise us for selling the ugly black plastic guns. They almost always said the same things: Nobody needed these stupid "assault guns"; guns are for hunting deer and birds, not people. Plus, ARs are ugly and no self-respecting gun owner would ever blemish his collection with that plastic hunk of junk. And, of course, everybody should be carrying revolvers, and if you learned to make those six shots count, you wouldn't need a high capacity 'clip' in a semiauto that's just going to jam anyway.I would always say you don't need a hi cap revolver if you learn to make one shot count. They get confused

glocktogo
01-16-20, 19:21
I would always say you don't need a hi cap revolver if you learn to make one shot count. They get confused

To be fair, it doesn't take all that much to confuse a fudd.

titsonritz
01-16-20, 19:23

And when push comes to shove he'll be like a Nazi death camp guard, just following orders.

titsonritz
01-16-20, 19:25
Fudds are the worst. If gun grabbers are the enemy, fudds are collaborators.

This 100%

john armond
01-16-20, 19:27
And when push comes to shove he'll be like a Nazi death camp guard, just following orders.

Scary, isn’t it.

Diamondback
01-16-20, 20:32
Scary, isn’t it.

Just as scary is how many people think the Nuremberg Defense is a viable defense, when those who previously used it successfully "defended" themselves right into the gallows.

ST911
01-16-20, 21:40
What is the definition and criteria to be a "fudd"?

Diamondback
01-16-20, 21:52

Typically a Fudd is someone who will happily throw every other kind of gun owner under the bus as long as they're led to believe they'll get to keep "MUH BAMBI-BLASTUHR!" Not exclusively deer hunters, pretty much anybody who follows "I support the Second Amendment..." with "... BUT nobody 'needs' [fill in the blank] because it's not suited for what *I* deem legitimate use."

Like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XatVKj9DD3I

https://www.thegunwriter.com/24165/top-10-ways-to-spot-a-fudd/

titsonritz
01-16-20, 22:05

Joe Biden exemplifies a fudd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafkVM-jnbE

SeriousStudent
01-16-20, 22:09

You have to be a vewy vewy quiet wabbit hunter.

titsonritz
01-16-20, 22:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYLXMZ7I8xg&feature=emb_title

01-16-20, 22:49
You have to be a vewy vewy quiet wabbit hunter.

Sprite out the nose. Thanks.

BoringGuy45
01-16-20, 22:54
Mr. Noir: Pulling no punches as usual! I've been doing all I can to get my on-the-fence family and friends to watch his videos. So far, his arguments have won most of them over.

He's a very dangerous threat to the rhetoric of the anti-gun movement.

Diamondback
01-16-20, 23:08
Mr. Noir: Pulling no punches as usual! I've been doing all I can to get my on-the-fence family and friends to watch his videos. So far, his arguments have won most of them over.

He's a very dangerous threat to the rhetoric of the anti-gun movement.

He needs to replace Frenchy Fudd as the public face of the NRA. Him and Dana Loesch both.

26 Inf
01-16-20, 23:47

Although it might not do much good, you can educate your co-worker, the officer was backing up, and he was trying to tase the decedent. As is often the case in these situations, his backup fired first:

At this point, back-up Officer Erin Mast arrived and drew her weapon, also demanding that Holmes drop the knife. As Morris reached to holster his gun and grab his Taser, Holmes charged toward him with the knife. Mast shot Holmes twice, and Morris shot him four times.

https://www.rallyforourrights.com/cop-erpod-by-mother-of-man-he-killed-in-2017-colorado-police-shooting/

26 Inf
01-16-20, 23:57

Good video.

Ed L.
01-17-20, 00:03
Sometimes gunowners make stupid statements without really thinking about it.

In one facebook group someone posted that a revolver is plenty for a private citizen. I pointed out that while that might be the case in some instances, it is not something that I would post as a gunowner as it gives credence to some of the arguments of antigunners.

26 Inf
01-17-20, 00:38
What I would like put out there is my belief that it is folks who unthinkingly espouse their beliefs who cause us our problems.

Let's use religion as an example. In my community this fall there was a guy who had a small PA set up in his back pack. He stationed himself for a couple hours a day at several intersections in our community loudly proclaiming The Word. In reality, he probably pushed more people from God, than he brought closer to God. If this method was effective more pastors would be on street corners.

In the same respect, open carry fudds, are like the guy with the PA, they push more folks from our cause, than they draw to our cause. Do folks often tell open carry guys 'thanks, I feel more secure seeing that you are armed!'

I mention this because I think it is ill-advised to open carry in situations where your goal is to gain support for our 2A rights. The only support you'll get are from those already in our camp, you'll drive others further away.

CN was dead on in the video someone linked to - we need each other. When I see someone open carrying I grit my teeth and go about my business, I don't harangue them, they are, after all an ally OR A POTENTIAL ALLY to my beliefs, just like the hunter fudd.

YMMV

SteyrAUG
01-17-20, 02:03

I think in this case a person who thinks guns are only for hunting.

SteyrAUG
01-17-20, 02:11
I'm surprised they didn't mandate .32ACP for their MP5's. LOL

They aren't afraid of 9mm handguns, they used the P7 extensively. The reason they have such a history with .32 ACP isn't to have a mouse gun, but simply because most of the designs they carry are basic blowbacks and .32 is at the high end of a blowback design, the exception being the gas delayed P7.

Going back further the P38 / P1 was a 9mm design but rather large. Walther came out with an excellent low profile 9mm with the P5 and SIG did a decent job with the P6, but the iconic LE gun was still the venerable Walther PP.

So they aren't squeamish about 9mm, hell they used it in both wars. But if you pull out a Remington 870, they tend to see a Barrett M82. And generally among German LE, a 12 ga. shotty is most definitely verbotten.

SteyrAUG
01-17-20, 02:19
In the same respect, open carry fudds, are like the guy with the PA, they push more folks from our cause, than they draw to our cause. Do folks often tell open carry guys 'thanks, I feel more secure seeing that you are armed!'

Honestly, in FL, more than you'd believe. Sitting in restaurants I've had people thank me for open carrying. I think they were thanking me for a political stance rather than providing them with a sense of safety. Done correctly it's a Rosa Parks move. The big trick is to be armed, but not look dangerous. If you are wearing a deadpool t shirt and have punisher tattoos on your arms, that image might be threatening to most people. If you are business casual, they assume it's related to your occupation.

In Iowa, after I became something of a regular at some local eateries, every now and then someone will joke that "we always feel safer when we see you come through the door."

Some people are curious and ask, and so long as you give reasonable and calm answers rather than quote some hardline NRA bumper sticker from 1972, they accept it and move on.

But having a sidearm on your hip is generally less threatening than slinging a rifle in Burger King. It's a little hypocritical but I can't see ever doing that.

jsbhike
01-17-20, 07:23
Which is worse? Fudd's are defacto gun grabbers, but you know what I/m saying here.

I find the Fudd irritates me worse then the straight "all guns are bad" gun grabbers. I got into it with one recently, and that statement like "I own guns and go hunting every year but there's some guns people really should not have" and blah blah makes me wanna reach through the screen and choke the chit out of them.

The gun grabbers are just ignorant turds or commies etc,, but the Fudd's, they just take it to another level of failure as human beings for me.

Which do you find more worthless and why?

Very few people think all guns are bad. The majority of the ones that oppose you and I being armed tend to surround themselves with armed security.

Novak
01-17-20, 07:51
Fudds elicit an angry emotional response in me, whereas hoplophobes are easily dismissed. They are ultimate cucks.

BoringGuy45
01-17-20, 08:44
Very few people think all guns are bad. The majority of the ones that oppose you and I being armed tend to surround themselves with armed security.

I think the majority of anti-gun laypeople DO think that all guns are bad. The gun grabbing politicians? That's another story. But the useful idiots have been conditioned to believe that if you not only banned private gun ownership, but disarmed the police, the criminals wouldn't feel the need to be armed either, and they'd willingly disarm.

john armond
01-17-20, 08:51
Although it might not do much good, you can educate your co-worker, the officer was backing up, and he was trying to tase the decedent. As is often the case in these situations, his backup fired first:

At this point, back-up Officer Erin Mast arrived and drew her weapon, also demanding that Holmes drop the knife. As Morris reached to holster his gun and grab his Taser, Holmes charged toward him with the knife. Mast shot Holmes twice, and Morris shot him four times.

https://www.rallyforourrights.com/cop-erpod-by-mother-of-man-he-killed-in-2017-colorado-police-shooting/

I told him to watch the video himself, and his response was that he didn’t care what the body cam video showed, because there had to be more to the story, and asked if I was getting my information from Infowars.

Alpha-17
01-17-20, 09:57

Absolutely outstanding video. Thanks for sharing it. I'd be willing to be that most of us, in one degree or another, aren't solely tactical, gamers, collectors, or hunters, but are rather a combination of these areas. It's a shame that so many people feel the need to divide on the issue.

Det-Sog
01-17-20, 10:37
The Fudds are next. If Doomberg ever gets elected, even the thurdie-thurdies and 1911s will not be safe.

jsbhike
01-17-20, 12:34
What I would like put out there is my belief that it is folks who unthinkingly espouse their beliefs who cause us our problems.

Let's use religion as an example. In my community this fall there was a guy who had a small PA set up in his back pack. He stationed himself for a couple hours a day at several intersections in our community loudly proclaiming The Word. In reality, he probably pushed more people from God, than he brought closer to God. If this method was effective more pastors would be on street corners.

I mention this because I think it is ill-advised to open carry in situations where your goal is to gain support for our 2A rights. The only support you'll get are from those already in our camp, you'll drive others further away.

CN was dead on in the video someone linked to - we need each other. When I see someone open carrying I grit my teeth and go about my business, I don't harangue them, they are, after all an ally OR A POTENTIAL ALLY to my beliefs, just like the hunter fudd.

YMMV

I haven't seen an open carry Fudd in Kentucky since the 1990's when concealed carry became law. The open carry Fudds opposed concealed carry and one of their talking points was pointing out open carry was legal, but in several locales that would end up with harassment by LE (the real goal of the open carry Fudds) and ultimately a disorderly conduct charge.

soulezoo
01-17-20, 13:32

It's like pornography, you know it when you see it.

.45fan
01-17-20, 13:50
What is the definition and criteria to be a "fudd"?Posts 41 & 51 seem like good examples.

TMS951
01-17-20, 13:59
Nothing is worse than a hypocrite.

Honu
01-17-20, 14:40
open carry or not people’s minds are made up they are anti gun or not

They might comment but that is fine now we know their position so in that sense it also might expose the anti as much as the fudds

SteyrAUG
01-17-20, 17:31
Absolutely outstanding video. Thanks for sharing it. I'd be willing to be that most of us, in one degree or another, aren't solely tactical, gamers, collectors, or hunters, but are rather a combination of these areas. It's a shame that so many people feel the need to divide on the issue.

Agreed. Most will see it and say they get it, then a week later back to "nobody needs a..." mindset.

WillBrink
01-17-20, 18:00
I haven't seen an open carry Fudd in Kentucky since the 1990's when concealed carry became law. The open carry Fudds opposed concealed carry and one of their talking points was pointing out open carry was legal, but in several locales that would end up with harassment by LE (the real goal of the open carry Fudds) and ultimately a disorderly conduct charge.

I did not know such a loathsome creature existed. WTF...

Diamondback
01-17-20, 22:51
Agreed. Most will see it and say they get it, then a week later back to "nobody needs a..." mindset.

See also, the way Jim Zumbo used to be before the Nugent Intervention. And the way David Petzal and Dick Metcalf still are last I knew.

ST911
01-17-20, 23:11
See also, the way Jim Zumbo used to be before the Nugent Intervention.

Don't forget the significant intervention of Pat Rogers (RIP) and Denny Hansen with Jim Zumbo. M4C thread here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?6475-Zumbo-s-Article-in-SWAT

Pat's comments from 2007 still ring true.

I've pretty much covered this on several sites, including the SWAT forums on TOS and TFL as well as 1o8.
Regardless how people feel, we succeeded in making him useless to the other side- a major plus.
Whether he understands about fighting vs shooting- i could care less.
What i want is for him to understand that we are all not TOS bumpfire bozo's, that there is a wide and diverse spectrum who uses AR's for whatever, and that he can proclaim this to the hunting fraternity in which he is highly respected.

Don't for one minute thing that only hunters don't like you. A large portion of the mil doesn't either. Nor do soccer moms, radical religious spokesmen, trap shooters, and so forth.
In fact, most other shooters hate you. Most others who own black rifles hate you.
Probably 100 or more people who have black rifles make statements on the errornet daily that are equal or worse as what Zumbo said.
Don't think T's don't use AK's or AR's?> Watch the news. Think tah all who own them are pure and homest and take long walks on the beach? Not hardly.

It isn't about him- you need to get that straight. It is about all of us, and if you guys can't put aside petty nonsense and understand that we- all of us- need to get working together, this site, your guns, many of your jobs- will all be swallowed up by the socialists, libertarians and others who hate you for no real reason, but use the gun as a lightening rod.
I did what i felt was right. We are convinced that we did a good job.
Don't like it? That's fine by me.
But what did you to to make something positive happen?

Diamondback
01-17-20, 23:42
Don't forget the significant intervention of Pat Rogers (RIP) and Denny Hansen with Jim Zumbo. M4C thread here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?6475-Zumbo-s-Article-in-SWAT

Thank you for the reminder, it really was a team effort with Nuge just being "the face" of the team. Way back when I used to follow those guys in SWAT Magazine, many years ago... hard to believe I've been out of academia that long already.

Don Robison
01-18-20, 02:06
Fudds are one of the lowest life forms on the planet. If Bernie Sanders's staffer got his way, the Fudds would be the ones operating the camps for him.

jsbhike
01-18-20, 05:10

That would make a good sticky.

LoboTBL
01-18-20, 14:03
The Fudds are next. If Doomberg ever gets elected, even the thurdie-thurdies and 1911s will not be safe.

If Bloomberg or any of the other Com-Dems get elected even the shotgun recommended by Creepy Joe will be verboten.

Averageman
01-18-20, 16:22
Both freedom and responsibility scare people.

Business_Casual
01-18-20, 17:37
If you are business casual, they assume it's related to your occupation.

I only CCW, but thanks for the shout out.

Seriously, even though open carry is legal and lawful here, the sheep would call the cops and/or tackle you and mace you if you open carried.

Boba Fett v2
01-19-20, 10:26
Ha! I remember bringing ARs to the range about 20 years ago. Gun club. We were working on zeros for new guns, etc. old fudds in the lanes next to we’re aghast that we were firing so fast! (About 5 ends a min), some oil on the exterior was burning off, which was proof we were burning up the guns!!! And of course, how did we come to have those deadly guns in Illinois?! We’re they registered?? We’re we police or active military??!!! No reason for anyone to have those rifles!!! They were far to dangerous I was assured by the loudest guy who was a Viet Nam vet, in the Air Force.

As they were shooting bolt action heavy barrel .22s at 25 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProMy favorite is when I'm asked "Is that street legal?!" I can tell they're sitting there stewing, internally torn, trying to decide whether they should report me for having an "illegal" or "unregistered" "street sweeper".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jpmuscle
01-19-20, 10:50
My favorite is when I'm asked "Is that street legal?!" I can tell they're sitting there stewing, internally torn, trying to decide whether they should report me for having an "illegal" or "unregistered" "street sweeper".

Dude our own “like minded” people do it online, like hey! That better not be a VFG your oal is to short... oh you built your own can? You can’t fix it only an SOT can... OMG is that an extra baffle??? I’m calling ATF on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01-19-20, 11:43
25 years ago I was almost old enough to drive and knew the family that owned the gun shop I frequented since I was old enough to shoot BBs.

I was interested in the Glocks and ARs and they were showing them to me one day. A crabby old vet with scrambled egg on his cap bill injected himself into the conversation and informed me that 'Them guns is just fer killin' people '.

Being an asshole from birth I informed him that 'Some people need killin'.

I was a 'yute that needed God and the country was rurnt.

jsbhike
01-19-20, 12:11
Dude our own “like minded” people do it online, like hey! That better not be a VFG your oal is to short... oh you built your own can? You can’t fix it only an SOT can... OMG is that an extra baffle??? I’m calling ATF on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen Fudds recommend to others something that is illegal and when that is pointed out they defend it along the lines of being akin to Jim Crow laws.

SteyrAUG
01-19-20, 16:13
I only CCW, but thanks for the shout out.

Seriously, even though open carry is legal and lawful here, the sheep would call the cops and/or tackle you and mace you if you open carried.

So I'm two years into open carry, except when it jacket weather and without incident. I've had a few folks ask who I worked for, because plain clothes LEOs are something of a rarity, but everyone has been calm about it and nobody has been triggered.

July tornado of 2019 had a lot of folks assuming I was a first responder of some kind and they tried to pay for my lunch a couple times and I had to tell them to save it for someone in uniform. Only time I took advantage was getting through "closed streets" so I could run supplies to my friends on the impacted part of town. Been about 60 years since there was an "in town" tornado and most didn't have a clue as to what they were gonna need. I think I spent almost 5 grand that week. Thankfully I had four houses that all shared a property line so with a single generator I was able to get four friends up and running.

SteyrAUG
01-19-20, 16:15
I was interested in the Glocks and ARs and they were showing them to me one day. A crabby old vet with scrambled egg on his cap bill injected himself into the conversation and informed me that 'Them guns is just fer killin' people '.

My standard response is "thank god a deer rifle won't kill a man." Sometimes takes them a minute but it's always funny when the wheel finally turns.

Diamondback
01-19-20, 16:33
Too bad Elmer Fudd is too illiterate to read the other team's playbook... they've already put in writing that the next step after "evil military assault rifles" is "evil highpower sniper rifles made only for cowards to murder from a distance."

Read for yourself and circulate, this is one of their own internal documents: http://healthyinfluence.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gun-violencemessaging-guide-pdf-1.pdf

Boba Fett v2
01-19-20, 16:49

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk^ NFA vigilantes at large

Diamondback
01-19-20, 17:09
Lemme just drop one thought: If you're willing to defend others' firearms and rights even though your interests within the field are not the same as theirs, you're not a Fudd and I'll defend your rights as you would mine. If you're a damn Butter who throws everybody else to the wolves hoping they'll be sated before it's your turn on the menu, then you're just another damn turncoat collaborator no matter what your "sphere of interest."

As a community we need to focus on the idea that, much like NATO, "an attack on one is an attack on all."

SeriousStudent
01-20-20, 13:16

Uncle Pat (God rest his soul) always made a lot of sense.

Biggy
01-20-20, 13:27
Fudd's will eventually all die, and IMHO, our younger generations will probably and ultimately decide our future gun rights in this country.

Diamondback
01-20-20, 13:55
Fudd's will eventually all die, and IMHO, our younger generations will probably and ultimately decide our future gun rights in this country.

This is why we have to work to "feed the addiction" in our young shooters, and this is why the Left tries to throw up barriers-to-entry like banning gun/ammo sales in the 18-21 zone.

TMS951
01-21-20, 09:58

This is a great point, and not one that had occurred to me.

Hunting is a dying sport, I have previously heard people say that hunting as a sport helps preserve the 2A. Upon reflection of this thought I realize that hunting helps create more fudds, not more 2A defenders.

Now while hunting is on a decline, black rifle purchase is growing. It is growing among a younger generation. There will come a time in the future where the image of an AR15 will be that of a standard rifle, a younger of generation of gun owners won't be scared by these evil black rifles and buy a wood stock mini-14 instead because it looks civilized.

But we have to get over a hurdle first. That hurdle is an older generation that thinks if it doesn't have a wood stock its uncivilized and is for killing people. But a little wood, oh thats a whole other world, nothing wrong with that.

My father is a perfect example of this. A boomer born in 53'. In 1976 he went out and bought himself a Ruger Mini-14. Not an Ar-15, so mean and evil in all black, but a nice civilized wood stocked Ruger with no evil features. I grew up wanting us to have an AR-15, he always said he wouldn't buy one. He thinks we need better gun laws, he's not against a ban.

We need to weather the storm until my fathers generation is no longer part of 'gun owners' we rely on to defend the 2nd. If we make there will come a day when most 'gunowners' are pro black rifle ect.

Look at the Virginia deal, awesome turn out. But where were all the Fudds? Oh, thats right, at home oiling the wood stocks on their bolt action hunting rifles.

After reading this thread and thinking on it, while not a hunter I used to support/defend it because I was defending gun owners. But now, I realize it actually does nothing to protect my black rifles. So if hunting continues to decline I couldn't give a rats aas, I won't be doing my part to help get the next generation out there.

The Colin Noir Video that was put up was very good, but heres my rebuttal. There were four types of gun owners, Tactical, Collector, competitor and Hunter. The tactical, competitor and collector would all be effected by a ban. All want to be able to buy everything for their respective purposes. ...But the Hunter. The Hunter only needs a single shot bolt action to hunt. Collectors, competitors and tactical gun owners all need to stick together. But maybe they need to not bother with considering Fudds to be friends and just wait for them to go away.

marco.g
01-21-20, 10:21
Most fudds don’t realize that shooters fund their ability to enjoy the outdoors via the Pittman Robertson act funding. A 10-11% tax is levied on guns and ammo and then invested back into conservation. Now - I like public lands and I used to hunt more, now I just fish. So I’m not saying this is a total negative.

The tax revenue on 2 cases of 223 is more than the annual box of .30-06. So if they would just accept this fact and be quiet about what we do with all that ammo, that would be nice too.

Diamondback
01-21-20, 10:34
Most fudds don’t realize that shooters fund their ability to enjoy the outdoors via the Pittman Robertson act funding. A 10-11% tax is levied on guns and ammo and then invested back into conservation. Now - I like public lands and I used to hunt more, now I just fish. So I’m not saying this is a total negative.

The tax revenue on 2 cases of 223 is more than the annual box of .30-06. So if they would just accept this fact and be quiet about what we do with all that ammo, that would be nice too.

If only we could get a portion of P-R diverted to fund public ranges on BLM/Forest Service/other appropriate Federal lands... maybe even partner with orgs like Trash No Land to keep things clean and orderly. I'd say charge a low, purely nominal "day pass" fee but then Elmer would whine about "MUH FREE LUNCHEZ!" and then go trash the woods...

jsbhike
01-21-20, 10:41

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/where-sierra-club-stands-gun-control

Can't find it at the moment, but seems like the tax fund was being directly used to fund anti 2nd Amendment programs several years back.

marco.g
01-21-20, 12:04
Things like this are promising, but we’ll see

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/news/recreational-shooters-may-soon-have-access-to-more-public-shooting-ranges

jsbhike
02-17-20, 07:23
Something I was just thinking of about Fudds is almost all of the stuff they think should be .gov only(short barrels, magazine fed repeaters, self loaders, suppressors, compact guns, collapsible/take down guns, etc.) were well received by the private market prior to interest from .gov, sometimes decades before.

Diamondback
02-17-20, 09:49
Something I was just thinking of about Fudds is almost all of the stuff they think should be .gov only(short barrels, magazine fed repeaters, self loaders, suppressors, compact guns, collapsible/take down guns, etc.) were well received by the private market prior to interest from .gov, sometimes decades before.

ISTR that before NFA, SBR and SBS were specifically marketed for defense against carjacking and burglars... even the notorious Tommy gun enjoyed widespread use with bank guards and corporate security, no less than the New York Times owning two for the purpose.