PDA

View Full Version : Firearms insurance?

Ron3
01-17-20, 14:41
I want to switch firearms-specific insurance companies.

What are the better ones?

TexHill
01-17-20, 15:01
https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms

I have insurance through Eastern Insurance's Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Arms Program.

They have awesome discounts for members of various groups, and you don't have to submit serial numbers for collections valued at less than $50,0000 where no single item exceeds $10,000 in value. They also insure up to $5,000 in ammunition and reloading equipment, but this can be increased up to $25,000.

My annual premium is $150, and I have a $100 deductible. My policy covers all of my firearms, magazines, optics, ammo, and various accessories.

Alex V
01-17-20, 15:17
I just have a rider on my homeowners insurance through State Farm. Seems pretty good. They did ask for back up of value but were pretty lenient as to what "back-up" was.

They won't cover them if they are lost as a result of a nuclear attack. Um... okay, I won't be there to collect either so...

OH58D
01-17-20, 16:32
I just have a rider on my homeowners insurance through State Farm. Seems pretty good. They did ask for back up of value but were pretty lenient as to what "back-up" was.

They won't cover them if they are lost as a result of a nuclear attack. Um... okay, I won't be there to collect either so...
There might be an exclusion for Acts of Terrorism as well.

01-17-20, 16:41
Have a rider on
my USAA home insurance.

ABNAK
01-17-20, 19:31
Collectibles Insurance is what I use.

seb5
01-17-20, 19:34
I have a rider on my Farm Bureau (live in the city) that costs me one percent of the value, $100.00 deductible. I list the firearm and any accessory, and what I value it at. That way optics and major accessories are all covered.

gunnerblue
01-17-20, 20:47
I have a rider through Farmers for $20,000 worth of firearms and sporting equipment

Gunfixr
01-17-20, 21:20
I have a rider through nationwide on my homeowners insurance. I just gave a total value, they didn't ask for anything.

crossgun
01-18-20, 05:40
I would be more interested in the accessories and support gear coverage. Hell take my rifle just please remove the optics, MAWL, leave my NODs, plates, carrier, helmet and comms behind if you would be so kind. I was looking at Collectibles at one point and they could never confirm they would cover electronics like lasers and red dots, optics yes so I have yet to find anything I really like.

GH41
01-18-20, 06:42
I'd like to hear from someone who can recommend a company they have actually settled a claim with. I have never heard of an insurance settlement that left the insured 100% whole.

mark5pt56
01-18-20, 06:47
This, great option

https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms

I have insurance through Eastern Insurance's Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Arms Program.

They have awesome discounts for members of various groups, and you don't have to submit serial numbers for collections valued at less than $50,0000 where no single item exceeds $10,000 in value. They also insure up to $5,000 in ammunition and reloading equipment, but this can be increased up to $25,000.

My annual premium is $150, and I have a $100 deductible. My policy covers all of my firearms, magazines, optics, ammo, and various accessories.

01-18-20, 08:38
I'd like to hear from someone who can recommend a company they have actually settled a claim with. I have never heard of an insurance settlement that left the insured 100% whole.

We were having a major renovation done this past fall. Had everything locked up except one Sionics rifle with S&B 1-4, BFG sling, KAC rail, MAMS, and KAC BUIS. Gun was in room not being renovated, in closet, both doors closed. Came up missing. My fault for not securing completely.

Filed police report and contacted USAA. Claim paid quickly minus deductible.

Ron3
01-18-20, 10:27
Thanks, guys!

JoshNC
01-18-20, 12:29
Collectibles and Eastern are the least expensive with the fewest silly exemptions/exceptions. I had Collectibles for many years, then switched to Eastern as it was a little less expensive and actually covers damage to the insured items during use.

Tigereye
01-19-20, 06:12
Switched from Lockton to Collectibles this year.