PDA

View Full Version : Vltor MUR Upper and Larue Rail

Paulinski
11-19-08, 09:37
Is the modification to anti-tilt ring on LaRue rail still necessary to install the rail on a Vltor MUR.

Does anyone have a picture of the modification?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Verbal Kint
11-19-08, 09:58
Hmm. Subscribing to this thread. I also have a MUR upper and have plans to go with a LaRue rail. Wasn't even aware there was an issue using the two together. Glad this question was asked.

Snake
11-19-08, 10:49
Military Morons posted photos of the new Mur's that have a round front so that modification is no longer need on the Larue rails.

bkb0000
11-19-08, 11:24
yes... what he said. the MURs have been larue compatible for a while now. just make sure you know which child you're getting if you bid on one on an auction site.. the updated MURs have material milled off the sides at the front of the receiver.

bkb0000
11-19-08, 11:34
this post used to be a military morons picture, deleted. my bad, didn't know.

what's the deal with military moron pictures?

decodeddiesel
11-19-08, 11:46
ETA: thanks for that!

I replied to your PM.

Verbal Kint
11-19-08, 11:49
Good to know. My MUR upper is more like the second, revised, version... still just a bit different. I'm assuming it's the latest version, after they stopped milling them, as I purchased it new around the middle of the year.

Paulinski
11-19-08, 12:47
Thanks for the info, I have a revised version of MUR. I'm GTG. :D

pearson
11-23-08, 22:14
I have a billet MUR and it required opening the part that fits on to the upper but once assembled you would never know.

Eric Torres
11-26-08, 02:50
I built an upper with a MUR and Larue rail 2 years ago. It is still my primary rifle. It only took some mild grinding/filing of the anti cant ring to make it work.

I would not be worried. If it is the newer version and its already compatible without additional work then even better.