PDA

View Full Version : which bipod ?

josey88
11-19-08, 09:41
Well, I will be installing the DD Omega 7 rail in a couple of weeks on my AR and I will be needing a bipod for the range. Since the Omega rail is short in lenght , I was thinking in one of those bipods that attach to the bayonet lug , with a push button for a fast mounting and take off. That way I will have the rail clean to use a vertical grip. If I go for the Harris BRM-S it will take more space on the rail and I don`t know if you can detach the Harris easily and mount it again or if it has to be permanently on , all the time. Please, let me know some suggestions , because I am at a loss here. Thanks so much

Cold Zero
11-19-08, 09:51
I would consider the Harris BRM-S with a Pod Loc, mounted to a LaRue Tactical Harris Bi Pod adapter QD LT-130. Should address your concerns. You may want to take the package deal from them?

LaRue Tactical should have a banner at the top of the page.:confused:

josey88
11-19-08, 10:02
cold zero : Man , what a great suggestion that is ... It is perfect, fast detach and mount back in. I like it, and will be ordering . Little expensive but I will be using it a lot and it comes in a package all together !!! . Thanks again ...!!!

Dave L.
11-19-08, 13:07
Bipods "hop", for accuracy shoot the gun off a bag. IMHO bipods just add weight.

Parabellum9x19mm
11-19-08, 13:22
Bipods "hop", for accuracy shoot the gun off a bag. IMHO bipods just add weight.

i find you'll get a little less hop if you brace the bipod with sandbags in front...but the hop is still there.

i use the bipod more for comfort off a bench than anything else, but i use just bags too.

i like the Bobro bipod a lot. Harris will have most of the functionality of a Bobro or GG&G at half the price tho. but the Bobro unit is really nice. i like it alot.

i wouldn't have a bi pod on a "serious" AR. the weight isn't worth it for how often it would actually come in useful. you'd be better off shooting unsupported prone, or using a natural rest while behind cover than trying to futz with a bipod. i'm not a SDM or anything, so feel free to contradict everything i just said...but that's my opinion.