PDA

View Full Version : Anvil Arms complete lowers?

FLGator
11-19-08, 09:51
Anyone have experience with Anvil Arms lowers? I know the people generally like the stripped recievers but what about the lower parts and triggers? Does anyone know what brand of parts and triggers they use?
Thanks.

zippygaloo
11-19-08, 14:11
I think it's a great LPK for the price. I have an Anvil Arms LPK and am very happy with it so far. Everything fits snug, operates smoothly functions correctly. The selector feels great. Trigger has a slight bit of friction towards the end of the pull, but I didn't polish it or lube it much.

rob_s
11-19-08, 14:25
AFAIK Anvil uses DPMS LPKs. Take that for what you will.

rob_s
11-20-08, 04:49
I'll take it for what it's worth and raise you an additional LPK for the same price one would pay for a single G&R LPK. ;)

I'll gladly pay, and have, the price of the G&R if it means I don't have DPMS "quality" in my guns.

Frankly, the DPMS kits are something I wish both Spike and Anvil would get away from. The CMT LPKs are much better quality (and quality control) and are only $10 more at the retail level.

Parabellum9x19mm
11-20-08, 05:47
DPMS LPKs can't compare to the G&R kit.

granted, my sample size is small: 3 G&R versus some DPMS, RRA, Bushmaster, CMT & Del-Ton kits i've installed either for myself or for friends/family.

there's really no comparison. the last batch sold out in a day or two for a reason

that doesn't mean your Anvil wont serve you well...but the G&R LPKs really are very nice. heads and shoulders above any other kit i've used before.

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-20-08, 13:26
Well I guess I won't be leaving any feedback on DTI lowers. My Gunsmith got tired of waiting(me too)-almost a month now. He called me up today and asked me if I would like to substitute an Anvil Arms lower instead and I said yes. My rifle is supposed to be done by this weekend. I've heard background checks are taking as much as 10 hours even if there are no hick-ups so I might be able to post pictures of my little hybrid early next week and a range report the following Friday! I hope my luck with the Anvil Arms lower will be good too. I was glad to see that they have a money back guarantee on military specifications.