PDA

View Full Version : Which trigger for a MP 2.0 .22lr compact?

Rrotz
01-19-20, 12:41
The stock trigger for this .22lr is terrible. What replacement trigger should I get to replace it with?

.45fan
01-19-20, 15:03
When did the 2.0 .22 compact come out?
Do you have a link to details?

I haven't found anybody to work on the original .22 compact. I wanted a better trigger and an RDS, can't find info on either.

Rrotz
01-19-20, 15:12
When did the 2.0 .22 compact come out?
Do you have a link to details?

I haven't found anybody to work on the original .22 compact. I wanted a better trigger and an RDS, can't find info on either.My bad. It's not a 2.0....

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

.45fan
01-19-20, 16:34
My bad. It's not a 2.0....

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.No worries, I thought I might have missed a new release.

mpom
01-19-20, 17:06
It has a simple single action system with a sear and hammer, so hammer engagement surface can be stoned and polished. I also stoned down the face of hammer to reduce engagement which gives a shorter trigger pull. Finally, you can build up trigger stop already on frame with some JB weld and file down to eliminate over travel. Done 3 compacts, easy, just be careful or find a smith.

Mark

Rrotz
01-19-20, 19:54
It has a simple single action system with a sear and hammer, so hammer engagement surface can be stoned and polished. I also stoned down the face of hammer to reduce engagement which gives a shorter trigger pull. Finally, you can build up trigger stop already on frame with some JB weld and file down to eliminate over travel. Done 3 compacts, easy, just be careful or find a smith.

MarkHow much would you charge .45fan and I for a trigger job?

mpom
01-19-20, 20:30
I am not a gunsmith, just an advanced tinkerer, do work for family and friends.
If you guys know a reputable gunsmith in your area, ask him for an estimate, should be under $50 in my opinion.

Mark

Rrotz
01-20-20, 04:58
I am not a gunsmith, just an advanced tinkerer, do work for family and friends.
If you guys know a reputable gunsmith in your area, ask him for an estimate, should be under $50 in my opinion.

MarkCheers, thanks. I was just kidding anyway! No emojis.....