PDA

View Full Version : DPMS complete lower-$350- good deal?

luv2pbal
11-19-08, 11:15
i can get a NIB dmps complete lower for 350. im sure its a little higher than it was 2 months ago. but is this a decent lower to start out with? or should i wait till i can get a better quality rifle? this is about my only option right now for an ar15 as all other dealers are out of stock....

JoshNC
11-19-08, 17:14
That seems too high for a DPMS lower. I would find a dealer who is not price gouging right now and just place an order for the lower you want.

wezalsgunsupply
11-21-08, 00:16
I would pass. DPMS is decent stuff but thats to high even with the availability of all lowers being hard to get. Unless you just cant wait shop a little longer. Now $350 is what they retail for. That being said its not overpriced by retail terms. But most companies run in the same general price range. Be patient and dont overpay.

twpayne75
11-21-08, 11:53
I can order Doublestar (stripped) lowers through a local dealer for $129 each.

These are every bit as good as DPMS or better. You can still find reasonable deals you just have to be willing to wait an extra week or so to get them. It's the in-stock dealers that are doing the ripping.

But you can't blame the dealers if people are willing to pay it.

whaledriver
11-22-08, 11:33
I would pass as well. I like to compare this buying hysteria to the oil rise. When the demand comes crashing down in a couple of months and everyone gets their cc statements there will be some better deals.

maxell27
11-23-08, 22:43
Pass as well.

Until there is some legislation out there that has the potential to pass, then find another lower.

Max

byatacko
11-24-08, 12:02
Max pain for a complete lower should be $300 OTD

C4IGrant
11-24-08, 12:06
i can get a NIB dmps complete lower for 350. im sure its a little higher than it was 2 months ago. but is this a decent lower to start out with? or should i wait till i can get a better quality rifle? this is about my only option right now for an ar15 as all other dealers are out of stock....

Normally I would say PASS, but in this present political situation, I would pick it up.

Almost hurt to tell someone to buy a DPMS for $350 when LMT lowers go for $330.

C4

Steve-HSA
11-24-08, 14:05
Normally I would say PASS, but in this present political situation, I would pick it up.

Almost hurt to tell someone to buy a DPMS for $350 when LMT lowers go for $330.

C4

You know Grant, I was thinking the same thing. When lowers where not in demand I couldn't talk anyone into upgrading to an LMT complete lower, they just wanted cheap. Cruel world when $350 is now the best you can get and it doesn't even buy you the best.

sgtmajor
11-24-08, 16:22
You know Grant, I was thinking the same thing. When lowers where not in demand I couldn't talk anyone into upgrading to an LMT complete lower, they just wanted cheap. Cruel world when $350 is now the best you can get and it doesn't even buy you the best.

IMO this is true on both parts. i have seen DPMS run fine but would always recommend the LMT but with the way things are i picked up some stripped RRA lowers just in case as thats the best my dealer had!