PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster and DPMS Out of business

Heavyweight
01-28-20, 18:23
Has anyone been keeping up with a rumor about Freedom Group ceasing all modern sporting rifle production? That they effectively would be shutting down Bushmaster and DPMS? There is a thread on the ACR forums discussing it. I don’t have any love for their ARs but I do own an ACR that I really like. Guess I should start hoarding ACR parts.

Was anyone at Shot that could confirm or deny it? I just hate to see manufacturers give up like that even though I’m sure they are taking it in the shorts in this market. Feels like a bad thing for those of us in the gun culture. Could they be caving into the social pressure to move away from the evil black rifles.

Be safe

Heavyweight

kwelz
01-28-20, 18:36
Well crap. I planned on getting an ACR later this year..

SeriousStudent
01-28-20, 19:01
Well crap. I planned on getting an ACR later this year..

Yup, I kinda liked the looks of the ACR, after that recent thread.

If those two vendors are being shut down, I am curious what will happen to their parts inventories. I have seen a lot of DPMS and Bushmaster parts on CDNN lately.

Heavyweight
01-28-20, 19:06
Midwest Gun works has a pretty good parts inventory. I stocked up on just about everything that they had for sale.

SeriousStudent
01-28-20, 19:20
Midwest Gun works has a pretty good parts inventory. I stocked up on just about everything that they had for sale.

I have some old Beretta's that are no longer being produced, and found some replacement springs and a firing pin there.

ace4059
01-28-20, 19:22
I personally think it’s just a rumor.
Was Bushmaster or DPMS at Shot Show this year?

prepare
01-28-20, 19:28
If its true any idea why?
Colt quit selling AR's on the commercial market.
I believe FN is no longer selling on the market either.

01-28-20, 19:28

If those two vendors are being shut down, I am curious what will happen to their parts inventories. I have seen a lot of DPMS and Bushmaster parts on CDNN lately.

Are there any known-good Bushy or DPMS parts I should be trying to snag for spares?

Btw, sorry about your coffee maker, bro. Hopefully you have that sorted by now.

SomeOtherGuy
01-28-20, 19:29

For years now I've often found out what models are being discontinued, or companies going bankrupt, by watching the CDNN sales fliers. It's often for sale at CDNN before announcements are circulating elsewhere.

With Walmart and Dick's making noisy withdrawals from selling MSRs, with Gander Mountain gone then re-animated as a Camping World zombie, and in my area gone once again, some of the largest retail channels for Freedom Group MSRs are gone.

Slater
01-28-20, 19:31
Wonder if there's a chance they could rebrand some under the Remington name?

kwelz
01-28-20, 19:54
A post from a company that does a lot of ACR stuff.

Templar Precision
January 24 at 7:53 PM ·
I wanted to clear up a few rumors from Shot Show that was being spread around about the Acr. I wasn’t able to report on here too much this week because I was out doing desert testing while trying to get through meetups with my awesome customers when I could get a chance. This info is directly from current employees of Remington as well.

Right now they are restructuring the entire company. This news hit them within the last couple months. 2 months is no time in the gun industry. Especially when you consider some 3D prints take 2-3 days alone to do. It’s the same with structuring as well. Nothing is concrete now.

Now as far as the Acr is concerned. They are not producing them in the same numbers or same basis as before. They want to focus on the product lines that are backlogged first. These product lines are more along the shotgun or hunting market. Not so much on the modern rifle market (Ar/Acr).

From what I gathered, if you were a larger company or had enough money you can still order Acrs to your build specifications. The downside is that it would have to be done in a minimum quantity. I do not know the quantity minimums whatsoever and I won’t even guess on them.

With all of that being said, I was here years before anyone knew I was building Acr’s and I don’t plan on going anywhere. I plan on holding the platform up for as long as humanly possible. I built my company to help the Acr owners and I won’t be abandoning ship just because it looks stormy on the horizon.

Thank you all for your support!

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2567307646821529&id=1555585067993797&_ft_=mf_story_key.2567307646821529%3Atop_level_post_id.2567307646821529%3Atl_objid.2567307646821529%3Acontent_owner_id_new.1555585067993797%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2567307646821529%3Apage_id.1555585067993797%3Aphoto_id.2567308066821487%3Astory_location.4%3Astory_attachment_style.photo%3Apage_insights.%7B%221555585067993797%22%3A%7B%22page_id%22%3A1555585067993797%2C%22actor_id%22%3A1555585067993797%2C%22dm%22%3A%7B%22isShare%22%3A0%2C%22originalPostOwnerID%22%3A0%7D%2C%22psn%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22post_context%22%3A%7B%22object_fbtype%22%3A266%2C%22publish_time%22%3A1579913589%2C%22story_name%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22story_fbid%22%3A[2567307646821529]%7D%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22sl%22%3A4%2C%22targets%22%3A[%7B%22actor_id%22%3A1555585067993797%2C%22page_id%22%3A1555585067993797%2C%22post_id%22%3A2567307646821529%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22share_id%22%3A0%7D]%7D%7D&__tn__=%2C%3B

SeriousStudent
01-28-20, 20:00
Are there any known-good Bushy or DPMS parts I should be trying to snag for spares?

Btw, sorry about your coffee maker, bro. Hopefully you have that sorted by now.

Gracias. Fortunately, I have a spare espresso machine I was able to press into service. Tragedy was narrowly averted.

Good question about the spare parts. I'd be curious about some of the springs, buffers, etc. Those were likely outsourced. Some of the trigger components might be usable as well.

I know for a while, Bushmaster's magazines were actually made for them by NHMTG. I ordered about 40 one time, and they all had NHMTG floorplates.

I shall make discreet inquiries.

Heavyweight
01-28-20, 21:23
I went to the Templar Precision website and was very impressed. They can take an AR barrel and convert it to run with the ACR. Cost doesn’t run any higher than the Bushmaster barrel kits. They are also working to release a lightweight lower. I’m very happy to know there will be support in place for the ACR even if it gets discontinued by Remington. Thanks for that info.

SteyrAUG
01-28-20, 23:31

Not exactly true.

Colt is prioritizing production of LE and MIL orders. Given as how pretty much everyone who wanted a 6920 since 2004 probably has one, that is more of a marketing decision. If they started neutering their product line with no bayos, flash hiders or collapsible stocks like they did in the early 90s THEN it would actually be something.

I just checked FN is still producing their M4 hobby rifle.

prepare
01-29-20, 03:30
Not exactly true.

Colt is prioritizing production of LE and MIL orders. Given as how pretty much everyone who wanted a 6920 since 2004 probably has one, that is more of a marketing decision. If they started neutering their product line with no bayos, flash hiders or collapsible stocks like they did in the early 90s THEN it would actually be something.

I just checked FN is still producing their M4 hobby rifle.

But none are available and haven't been for quite some time. FN also closed their pro shop at their manufacturing facility in SC.

SteyrAUG
01-29-20, 03:47
But none are available and haven't been for quite some time. FN also closed their pro shop at their manufacturing facility in SC.

The important thing is they haven't said "no civie sales" as a policy. They haven't discontinued the civilian line. Go to gunbroker and google Colt 6920 and you will see hundreds for about $10 above dealer price. The market is saturated, Colt would be idiotic to keep manufacturing for a market that is full, especially when the demand right now is military and LE sales. They are also trying to get people to pay those premium prices for their Vietnam reissue rifles.

Now granted, Colt has a history. They made recommendations to Congress that led to the Clinton AW ban. Even with the sunset there was a period of time when they were asking for LE letterheads to order a Colt LE rifle. So yeah, we need to stay on top of this kind of shit. But sometimes it isn't really there.

Colt is probably also trying to let those surplus rifles get snapped up because next year is an election year and a panic buy is just what happens every pre election. Now come this summer if Colt is still saying yeah, no civie sales...then you have something.

prepare
01-29-20, 05:06
The important thing is they haven't said "no civie sales" as a policy. They haven't discontinued the civilian line. Go to gunbroker and google Colt 6920 and you will see hundreds for about $10 above dealer price. The market is saturated, Colt would be idiotic to keep manufacturing for a market that is full, especially when the demand right now is military and LE sales. They are also trying to get people to pay those premium prices for their Vietnam reissue rifles.

Now granted, Colt has a history. They made recommendations to Congress that led to the Clinton AW ban. Even with the sunset there was a period of time when they were asking for LE letterheads to order a Colt LE rifle. So yeah, we need to stay on top of this kind of shit. But sometimes it isn't really there.

Colt is probably also trying to let those surplus rifles get snapped up because next year is an election year and a panic buy is just what happens every pre election. Now come this summer if Colt is still saying yeah, no civie sales...then you have something.

Perhaps thats all there is to it but given the current anti gun initiatives underway I suspect theres something else goin on.

TommyG
01-29-20, 07:28
Perhaps thats all there is to it but given the current anti gun initiatives underway I suspect theres something else goin on.

I keep wondering how long it will be before you can't get a .gov contract unless you stop selling to civilians.

GH41
01-29-20, 07:41
As of 5 minutes ago there were plenty of ACR rifles on the shelves.

TMS951
01-29-20, 10:11
Another and I think related trend I see I from AR companies is introducing non semi auto firearms. Like Daniel Defense and Sig.

Do they see the writing on the wall, do they think a ban on semi auto rifles is in the future?

Diamondback
01-29-20, 10:12
I keep wondering how long it will be before you can't get a .gov contract unless you stop selling to civilians.

Don't give 'em ideas... :(

SteyrAUG
01-29-20, 21:37

There is nothing wrong with a little healthy mistrust of those who have burned us in the past. But at the same time, we don't want to crucify somebody who hasn't really done anything wrong. If we do, what incentive do that have to stand with us?

Another and I think related trend I see I from AR companies is introducing non semi auto firearms. Like Daniel Defense and Sig.

Do they see the writing on the wall, do they think a ban on semi auto rifles is in the future?

Probably has a lot more to do with offering product to ban states. In a very real way it's a good thing, they are making sure some kind of firearm is still made available to those who have had their rights stripped away to some extent.

In 1994 everybody thought they had finally gotten rid of "scary, black rifles." Nobody imagined "ban compliant" firearms. The feature ban wasn't about making firearms safer, it was about getting rid of an entire class of modern firearms. But gun people and the companies that manufacture firearms for them are "creative."

They give us an import ban and we start building 922r compliant parts kit rifles and create a market for US made parts that supports such builds. They give us a feature ban and we deal with ridiculous things like "non collapsible" M4 style stocks. It drives us nuts because we realize it's stupid, but the important thing is every time they throw a road block at us, we largely improvise a solution and adapt. $100 glock mags sucked, but many of us simply went to .45 if the practical magazine limit was 10 rounds.

In a very real way, more of us ended up with FAL rifles because of the ban and we'd have never really bought one if FN was still importing them. But, because FN couldn't import them anymore combined with the fact that DSA was producing an excellent rifle made with Steyr parts for half of what the FN rifles used to cost...well a lot of people ended up with FAL rifles. The fact that the market was awash with $5 FAL mags didn't hurt things either.

SteyrAUG
01-29-20, 21:43
Don't give 'em ideas... :(

Rest assured they have already thought about the ideas, knowing how they think is just as important. There is a reason HK can't make their 416 rifles in the US. There is a reason the MR556 is made in Germany and subject to both German export laws and US import laws. The US government engages in a lot of "stick and carrot" with companies like HK, Colt, FN, etc. Some companies are more receptive than others. Ironically SIG, with some neutrality / export restrictions that would make your head spin, seems to be the most aggressive when it comes to making semi auto variants of their military pattern rifles available to US shooters. I truly never thought I'd see the day when 553s were being imported to the US.

John W
01-30-20, 09:56
No mention of Bushmaster or DPMS on the 2020 Remington Shot Show booth.

RemingtonOutdoor.com -- screenshot from 7/10/19.

https://i.imgur.com/oXs5vRA.jpg

RemingtonOutdoor.com -- screenshot from 1/30/20.

https://i.imgur.com/1tCmseC.jpg

Diamondback
01-30-20, 10:06
So not only DPMS/Bushy, but H&R, Parker (which IIRC both have a rep as "upscale Fudd guns"), Tapco (aka CRAPco) and a few others got the axe too.

ISTR, don't remember whether here or elsewhere, seeing some interesting musings about how many gun companies are being bought by leftwing hedge funds... theory being advanced was "if they can't shut down by regulation, they buy and shutdown through corporate business processes."

Heavyweight
01-30-20, 11:44
ISTR, don't remember whether here or elsewhere, seeing some interesting musings about how many gun companies are being bought by leftwing hedge funds... theory being advanced was "if they can't shut down by regulation, they buy and shutdown through corporate business processes."

So the hedge fund pays top dollar and acquires enough stock to gain a majority or controlling interest, puts their own puppet management team in place and simply stops manufacture for firearms they don’t want us to have. That is freaking scary.

Diamondback
01-30-20, 12:24
So the hedge fund pays top dollar and acquires enough stock to gain a majority or controlling interest, puts their own puppet management team in place and simply stops manufacture for firearms they don’t want us to have. That is freaking scary.

And the Establicucks carry on the whole time about "MUH FREE MARKETZ! MUH PRINSUHPUHLZ!"... Meanwhile, now that the Commies have learned to weaponize capitalism against itself the agenda picks up steam.

Pappabear
01-30-20, 12:34

I have seen two different FN guns at multiple LGS in Phx area.

PB

jsbhike
01-30-20, 12:45
And the Establicucks carry on the whole time about "MUH FREE MARKETZ! MUH PRINSUHPUHLZ!"... Meanwhile, now that the Commies have learned to weaponize capitalism against itself the agenda picks up steam.

Good point.

We never truly have had free market capitalism. The crony capitalism/political entrepreneurship (more in line with fascism) we always have had is a huge part of how we have arrived at this point.

A lot of people claiming to support free markets actually support policies 180 degrees opposite of what they claim to be.

TexHill
01-30-20, 13:15
Wasn't an announcement made sometime last year that the Bushmaster and DPMS brands would be consolidated under the Remington brand? All three are made at the same factory so having three brands is triple redundant.

justin_247
01-30-20, 20:43
Of note, it seems the Bushmaster and DPMS websites are dead.

RELATED: CDNN is selling Bushmaster and DPMS "build kits" (complete rifle minus BCG, LPK, and charging handle) for $299.99.

MA2_Navy_Veteran
01-31-20, 14:18
Bushmaster's former 800 order line now only responds to wholesaler/dealer/LE/.gov orders.
As mentioned above - both DPMS & Bushmaster's web-order sites have been taken down.

(Bones voice) They're dead Jim...

TexHill
01-31-20, 16:37
Bushmaster's website is back up. DPMS' forwards you to Remington's website.

OH58D
01-31-20, 17:16
As of 4:15pm Friday, Bushmaster.com directs you to a Remington website.

hotrodder636
01-31-20, 17:17
There are always a lot of their parts on CDNN.

ChazC93
01-31-20, 17:19

To save face I'd guess.

KUSA
01-31-20, 18:19
I wonder if another company will pick up the GII 308 design.

kwelz
01-31-20, 19:53
I wonder if another company will pick up the GII 308 design.

I think Remington is already making it.

TexHill
01-31-20, 20:21
Looks like Remington has gone full Fudd. They don't list semi-automatic rifles on their product page.

https://i.imgur.com/Shv583S.jpg

me2hootyhoo
01-31-20, 23:08
My cousin sent his dpms back for warranty probably 4 months ago. They have been dragging out the repairs and communications. Supposedly the gun cannot be repaired. They offered equal value replacement with other products under the Remington brand. I recommended him to tell them to wait until parts are back in stock and fix or replace it then. The response was, “no parts in stock, and production has ceased for the AR’s. No more parts or guns coming or going. Cannot comment any further.”

Steve Shannon
01-31-20, 23:25
I think Remington is already making it.

Looks like Remington has gone full Fudd. They don't list semi-automatic rifles on their product page.

https://i.imgur.com/Shv583S.jpg

https://www.remington.com/rifles/modern-sporting/model-r-25-gii/model-r-25-gii

https://www.remington.com/rifles/modern-sporting/model-r-15/model-r-15-vtr-predator-moe-fixed-stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand58742
01-31-20, 23:31
I don't know if it's new or not, but both Bushmaster and DPMS go straight to the Remington site and have nothing except the service contact info and the manuals.

hotrodder636
02-01-20, 07:07
Though they didnt’ make the greatest products, it is sad to see a high volume AR manufacturer(s) bow out.

Hmac
02-01-20, 08:41
Yes. “Modern Sporting Rifles” are under relentless attack. Eventually, they will likely go away as political winds continue to shift and even a mostly-Republican-appointed Supreme Court demonstrates itself to be only slightly right of center. It’s probably prudent for gun mfgrs to account for that in their longer term product planning.

Vic79
02-01-20, 08:58
I’m kind of glad that Remington did go back to the fudd roots. Nothing would make me happy than if they just produced quality 700’s and 870 wingmasters. Quit trying to get in the AR market and stop trying to produce handguns. That whole ordeal was a giant cluster. Now there’s companies like Bergara who produce better Remington 700’s then what Remington can produce. Also, how about a Remington 870 express that doesn’t rust when it rains in the county over.

TexHill
02-01-20, 10:20
I’m kind of glad that Remington did go back to the fudd roots. Nothing would make me happy than if they just produced quality 700’s and 870 wingmasters. Quit trying to get in the AR market and stop trying to produce handguns. That whole ordeal was a giant cluster. Now there’s companies like Bergara who produce better Remington 700’s then what Remington can produce. Also, how about a Remington 870 express that doesn’t rust when it rains in the county over.

As long as Remington is owned by Cerberus they will probably never produce quality rifles or shotguns. They would rather churn out a mediocre product at a huge profit rather than a good product at an acceptable profit.

MA2_Navy_Veteran
02-01-20, 12:01
Picked up a heck of a deal on two of these yesterday... Looks like currently only 19 left. Sure wish the original DPMS stock packs were still available.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-a2-fixed-stock-complete-bushmaster.html?___SID=U#.XjW665Uo6mR

fred
02-01-20, 13:53
Before I ever saw The Chart, the late, it was the late great Pat Rogers who gave me the facts of life on M4s, MSRs. I have never regretted a purchase since.

That said, can't help but feel a little sad. Cheap DPMS/Bushmaster rifles were a great way to get new shooters in the game. There are others still; hopefully we can keep the AR in "common use."

Slater
02-01-20, 13:58
If another company wanted to purchase the Bushmaster and/or DPMS brands, would they take on the Sandy Hook baggage or would that remain with Freedom Group (or whoever the current owner is)?

TexHill
02-01-20, 15:58
If another company wanted to purchase the Bushmaster and/or DPMS brands, would they take on the Sandy Hook baggage or would that remain with Freedom Group (or whoever the current owner is)?

That liability would stay with whoever owned the company at the time of the judgment unless the potential buyer agreed to take on that liability.

MountainRaven
02-01-20, 20:56
Maybe they'll bring the ARs under the AAC brand. Maybe.

SeriousStudent
02-01-20, 23:11
I would not be upset if Remington gently placed a pillow over Tapco's face and smothered it in its sleep. There's a reason people commonly referred to it as "Crapco".

_Stormin_
02-02-20, 05:44
I could see this one happening. AAC briefly did a run of 300BLK guns a while back, IIRC.

Gunnar da Wolf
02-02-20, 10:12
FWIW Remington had a display at The Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg this year. I didn’t see DPMS or Bushmaster displays as previous years. Daniel Defense wasn’t there the last two years, PSA wasn’t there this year but had a huge display last year.
FN had pistols and AR rifles in their display as did Ruger. Geissele was there with their parts and rifles. Probably a dozen other variations on AR boutique rifles and parts vendors.

Averageman
02-02-20, 12:23
One of our LGS's invested heavily in DPMS and Bushmaster during hard times when other brands couldn't meet demand and there was much talk of a ban.
Fast forward ten + years and many of those same carbines were hanging on the wall the day they were going out of business.

Slater
02-02-20, 12:32
Their QC seems to be hit-or-miss (no pun intended). Chris Bartocci reviewed the Patrolman's Carbine with a favorable opinion, but I think this model has had past issues. At some point in the last couple years, Bushmaster changed from a 1:9 twist to a 1:7. It seems that if you order one, it's a crap shoot as to which one you'll get, though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn_AGhwovzeWrnqHFJpYWaw/videos

Slater
02-02-20, 12:40
It does seem curious that, when a brand is rumored to be discontinued (especially an AR-type rifle), normally there's a run on all available guns. Looking at some online sites, there seems to be plenty of Bushies and DPMS's in stock.

Uni-Vibe
02-02-20, 22:56
My first AR was a Bushmaster M16A2 clone I bought in 1999. It was a Gov't profile barrel. It was about $900 which I think is almost $1500 in today's money. You didn't have entry level rifles back then. It was Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt. When the AWB expired I had a guy put an A2 flash hider on it to make it look right. It is still my go to AR for range fun. I shoot it more than my 6920. I shot it today. I don't know about the more recent ones, but it has been a great rifle.

SteyrAUG
02-03-20, 16:01
One of our LGS's invested heavily in DPMS and Bushmaster during hard times when other brands couldn't meet demand and there was much talk of a ban.
Fast forward ten + years and many of those same carbines were hanging on the wall the day they were going out of business.

Bottom feeder brands will always be bottom feeder brands. There were shit guns in the 80s that have not been importable since 1989, but nobody remembers them much and they still aren't worth much.

ace4059
02-10-20, 13:52
I emailed Remington about parts and service availability for the Bushmaster ACR. I wanted to know if Remington would be offering barrel conversions, folding stocks, and parts in the future for the ACR. Here is their response.

Direct from customer service
“ Support will be offered as per the warranty. Accessory item production is currently suspended and will not be done as normal production, no eta as per a change at this time. Parts can currently be ordered by calling in at 1-800-883-6229 depending on stock status and any restrictions. Online retailers like CDNN, Sarco Inc, Brownells, Midwest Gun Works and others could also have parts available for purchase as well.”

So if you want any extra parts for your ACR, you better get them now.
I personally would have thought Remington would take over production for the ACR but now I’m unsure.

Edit:
I would say that confirms that BM and DPMS are gone.

TMS951
02-10-20, 15:27

I have one, and lets hope not.

My AAC MPW was a mix of nice(ish) parts, and a bunch of garbage.
Barrel, idk could be fine. AAC want a ton of money for them on their own.
The rail was a KAC URX 3.1, nice stuff.
Geissele trigger, it was good.

The rest of the gun was a pile of junk. It actually boggled my mind they combined nice parts with such junk.
Then I realized that pile of junk parts had likely come from the Bushmaster factory.

Final blow was a tight magazine well that required many milspec magazines to need to be pulled out, none dropped free. Because AAC is owned by remington, you can not speak to some one AAC, only some numb skull in Remington custom service. Remington "could not find the gun in their system". I eventually got an RMA, no chance to talk to some one about fixing my FACTORY SBR. While I received my rma a shipping tag never followed.

I gave up on Remington/AAC and just run E-mags with it. I quite honestly I did not trust them to fix it, and trying to deal with them on the phone was such a pain. Had it been a title one rifle I would have promptly returned it to where I bought it from. Being a factory SBR i am kind of stuck with it.

The whole experience made me regret having bought 3 AAC silencers as well as I have little faith in getting them serviced need be.

Remington seems to do quite a good job of destroying the gun industry.

Nightvisionary
02-10-20, 19:17
So DPMS is out of business, Bushmaster out of Business, Colt halts civilian production, FLIR ends civilian sales all within the same 60 days. I don't believe in coincidences like this.

grizzlyblake
02-10-20, 19:38
So DPMS is out of business, Bushmaster out of Business, Colt halts civilian production, FLIR ends civilian sales all within the same 60 days. I don't believe in coincidences like this.

What is your hypothesis?

TexHill
02-10-20, 22:20

You're seeing a saturated market finally clean itself up in a similar fashion to how nature will clean out a wilderness with a forest fire when it's not managed correctly.

Esq.
02-11-20, 17:21
Glad I recently got rid of my Gen 2 DPMS AR10. Dead end platform now.

Nightvisionary
02-11-20, 19:37
Glad I recently got rid of my Gen 2 DPMS AR10. Dead end platform now.

I am quite happy to hold onto mine. There is a very enlightening thread on another board started by a former DPMS sales employee. Development for the G2 got a blank check from Remington who of course squandered it like they always do by failing to follow up with adequate marketing. The G2 bolts are reported to be extremely robust and test rifles went beyond 100K rounds.

Esq.
02-11-20, 20:10
I am quite happy to hold onto mine. There is a very enlightening thread on another board started by a former DPMS sales employee. Development for the G2 got a blank check from Remington who of course squandered it like they always do by failing to follow up with adequate marketing. The G2 bolts are reported to be extremely robust and test rifles went beyond 100K rounds.

Well, that's good because it may be the only bolt you'll ever have!

Nightvisionary
02-12-20, 03:22
Well, that's good because it may be the only bolt you'll ever have!

Im a working man. I can't afford to wear out a .308 bolt;)

ramairthree
02-17-20, 17:27
About 35 years ago I bought a Colt SP1.

About 30 years ago I bought a MAK-90.

About 28 years ago I wanted the CAR version and went Bushmaster.

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/edited-image_zpsto7jcvhp.jpg (https://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/edited-image_zpsto7jcvhp.jpg.html)

About 15 years ago I wanted a general purpose semi auto .308, decided on an AR type platform, and went DPMS.

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/edited-image_zpsdfja7qkx.jpg (https://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/edited-image_zpsdfja7qkx.jpg.html)

Would it make sense to run out and purchase an SP1, Classic AK, Bushmaster, or DPMS a year or two ago for your go to rifle?

Probably not,
But in the context of the times, they were suitable.

Just like running out and grabbing the below for your CC pistol and service pistols and PCC tomorrow would not make much sense. But thirty years ago was right for the times.

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/edited-image_zpspqfdfkcq.jpg (https://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/edited-image_zpspqfdfkcq.jpg.html)

Slater
02-17-20, 17:33
Watching one of Chris Bartocci's recent Q&A's, his thoughts are that Bushmaster/DPMS will still build rifles if a distributor submits a large enough order. Don't know how accurate that is, though.

The_War_Wagon
02-17-20, 19:00

"The universe is rarely so lazy."

- Sherlock Holmes, to Mycroft Holmes question - "What do we say about coincidence?" -

Esq.
02-17-20, 19:25
"The universe is rarely so lazy."

- Sherlock Holmes, to Mycroft Holmes question - "What do we say about coincidence?" -

"Once is chance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action"

150 Questions for A Guerilla
General Alberto Bayo

Renegade
02-17-20, 22:08
I have one, and lets hope not.

My AAC MPW was a mix of nice(ish) parts, and a bunch of garbage.
Barrel, idk could be fine. AAC want a ton of money for them on their own.
The rail was a KAC URX 3.1, nice stuff.
Geissele trigger, it was good.

The rest of the gun was a pile of junk. It actually boggled my mind they combined nice parts with such junk.
Then I realized that pile of junk parts had likely come from the Bushmaster factory.

First I have heard of anyone having a problem. I have sold/xferred dozens and you are the first. I have 3 myself and all are of the highest quality and run 100%. Could you be more specific what parts are junk? Perhaps there was a change in parts at some point.