PDA

View Full Version : VA gun grabber delegate skirts DUI

tb-av
01-29-20, 15:15
So this is the jackass delegate from VA that said all the gun laws they are passing would be transparent.

Apparently he is transparent as well.

Drunk driving this weekend. But hey, when did anyone ever get hurt drunk driving, I mean it's not like he had a gun.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/crime/article/Virginia-legislator-let-off-with-warning-during-15013096.php

I can't find the video that is running on NBC12 here in Richmond... but.... "The city said Hurst passed other sobriety tests and was allowed to be driven home by his passenger. Hurst said he didn’t identify himself as a legislator." ---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuqPgrpuVC4

He also takes 3 drugs... The interesting things start at. He also claims to be in poor physical health.

So apparently his mind is sharp as a tack though. Just the type person you want taking your guns away.

At 15:25 the officer says "I do believe you are over the legal limit". Then he gives the test and he blows .085 and confirms all suspicions and is let go!!! WTF

SOAB!!! His girlfriend was .06. He has been taking adirol + .085. He also takes paxil and colonipin<sp> and gets off. "Go wait in the Walmart parking lot for 30 minutes." UnFN believable.

Well just one more compromised VA elected official.

Just looked up that last drug. Anti-seizure meds, Anti-depressant meds, ADD meds, Alcohol. Driving a 3000lb vehicle at 2AM. They may want to make him Governor.

JoshNC
01-29-20, 18:57
Klonopin (clonazepam) is a benzodiazepine, as are Valium and Xanax. Benzodiazepines can be used for seizure prevention/treatment, vertigo treatment, among others, but more commonly are doled out for anxiety and insomnia. And they are highly addictive.

Also it’s Adderal, which is an amohetamine used to treat ADD/ADHD and occasionally narcolepsy. It too is a commonly abused drug.

And f&$k this “legislator”. He should have been arrested and taken to jail. Then lost his elected position.

jsbhike
01-29-20, 19:53
Guessing he didn't have to verbally state anything about his more equal status:

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title46.2/chapter6/section46.2-736.1/

But wait, there's more:

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/constitutionexpand/article4/

Section 9. Immunity of legislators.
Members of the General Assembly shall, in all cases except treason, felony, or breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during the sessions of their respective houses; and for any speech or debate in either house shall not be questioned in any other place. They shall not be subject to arrest under any civil process during the sessions of the General Assembly, or during the fifteen days before the beginning or after the ending of any session.

Looks like that city/county government has opposed becoming 2nd Amendment sanctuaries as well.

ruckusjuice
01-29-20, 20:01
Drinking while on benzos is pretty stupid. I think at least one celebrity died from doing that recently. Since they’re both depressants, they amplify each other’s effects. While he may have blown a .085%, he was likely much more impaired than someone who blows that number while not under the influence of anything else. I’m not sure how the combination of alcohol and all three medications this person was on would normally affect someone.

26 Inf
01-29-20, 22:18
but.... "The city said Hurst passed other sobriety tests and was allowed to be driven home by his passenger. Hurst said he didn’t identify himself as a legislator."

Holeeeeeyshiiiit..... in what world did he pass the SFST tests?

I'm mean aside from the officer giving the HGN like the Pope blessing the masses, he clearly failed the walk and turn, as well as the one-leg stand, although the one-leg stand wasn't as bad.

No biggie though, the DUI attorneys in our state would have ripped the test battery to shreds, improper instruction, etc.

Not enough officers stay plussed up on SFST, which is a shame because......

Driving a 3000lb vehicle at 2AM

teufelhund1918
01-30-20, 05:15
Just more of do what I say, not as I do mentality... The officer may not have know who he was before pulling him over, but I'm sure when he ran the plates, it became clear. Besides, there are special issue license plates for political office holders in the state also. If the officer had arrested him, how long do you think he would have had a job afterward? Definitely a two tiered justice system in our country. The more money you have the more innocent you can be.

teufelhund1918
01-30-20, 05:41
Just saw the video of him being pulled over. Not doubt he was drunk as a sideways monkey. :alcoholic: A lieutenant gave him a sobriety test. That is unusual. Lieutenants are supervisory. Why was he called? The officer who pulled him over should have administered the test if I'm not mistaken.

Another thing.... at the end of the news feed, the reporter mentioned that state legislators are immune from arrest while the assembly is in session... more of do what I say, not as I do....

Virginia Law
Members of the General Assembly shall, in all cases except treason, felony, or breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during the sessions of their respective houses; and for any speech or debate in either house shall not be questioned in any other place.

jsbhike
01-30-20, 07:57
Just saw the video of him being pulled over. Not doubt he was drunk as a sideways monkey. :alcoholic: A lieutenant gave him a sobriety test. That is unusual. Lieutenants are supervisory. Why was he called? The officer who pulled him over should have administered the test if I'm not mistaken.

Another thing.... at the end of the news feed, the reporter mentioned that state legislators are immune from arrest while the assembly is in session... more of do what I say, not as I do....

Virginia Law
Members of the General Assembly shall, in all cases except treason, felony, or breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during the sessions of their respective houses; and for any speech or debate in either house shall not be questioned in any other place.

An example of why I frequently mention opposition to exemptions from laws. If people want to become part of the legal system they need to get the full effect of it at a minimum.

AndyLate
01-30-20, 08:35
Laws for thee not for me...

26 Inf
01-30-20, 09:02
An example of why I frequently mention opposition to exemptions from laws. If people want to become part of the legal system they need to get the full effect of it at a minimum.

I think those are throwbacks to an earlier age where there was concern that political opponents might arrange for a legislator to be detained in order to get a bill passed.

jsbhike
01-30-20, 09:54
I think those are throwbacks to an earlier age where there was concern that political opponents might arrange for a legislator to be detained in order to get a bill passed.

That was the cause/reasoning/excuse, but it could have been addressed by penalties (prison sentences, heavy fines, on up to capital punishment) against the perpetrator(s). That would have arrived at the desired point without granting a get out of jail free card when actual crimes are committed by the privilegees(not a real word) mentioned in that section of Virginia's constitution.

26 Inf
01-30-20, 15:46
That was the cause/reasoning/excuse, but it could have been addressed by penalties (prison sentences, heavy fines, on up to capital punishment) against the perpetrator(s). That would have arrived at the desired point without granting a get out of jail free card when actual crimes are committed by the privilegees(not a real word) mentioned in that section of Virginia's constitution.

Not defending those laws, they are irrelevant reminders of the past. In the days we are speaking of, the vote or debate which prompted the 'delay' of the legislator would have been well past by the time the sanctions against the perpetrator(s) could be imposed.

If you look at the laws in many of our states you will find many examples of ancient irrelevant, or even harmful, laws. They need to be repealed, or, when appropriate, statutes conatining them need to berevised.

lowprone
01-30-20, 16:31
Annnnnnduh that's why they call it the Just Us system.

titsonritz
01-30-20, 17:18
Small potatoes, it's not like he's head of ethic committee, drove off a bridge into a pond and killed someone.

jsbhike
01-30-20, 18:27
Small potatoes, it's not like he's head of ethic committee, drove off a bridge into a pond and killed someone.

One of the better bumper stickers I have ever seen was "Teddy I'm pregnant, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

jsbhike
01-30-20, 18:45
Not defending those laws, they are irrelevant reminders of the past. In the days we are speaking of, the vote or debate which prompted the 'delay' of the legislator would have been well past by the time the sanctions against the perpetrator(s) could be imposed.

If you look at the laws in many of our states you will find many examples of ancient irrelevant, or even harmful, laws. They need to be repealed, or, when appropriate, statutes conatining them need to berevised.

I understand and have no doubt it happened, likely often. Georgia has a similar law.

Agreed on it being over in the antiquated realm. I do think that kind of thing could/should be a do over financed off the financial ruin of the perpetrators. On a similar note, we had a local election end in a "tie" and pet state law was decided via (no kidding) a coin toss. In the ensuing court case it was determined the winner of the toss received a vote from a resident of another state (among other issues with how that election was ran) so the "tie" never happened, but that and other facts didn't change the outcome.

tb-av
01-31-20, 10:16
Looks like that city/county government has opposed becoming 2nd Amendment sanctuaries as well.

Oh yeah, "drinking champagne in Roanoke" pretty much means you are partying with Dems.