PDA

View Full Version : Quck question on T-1 micro and 3x

jhova98040
11-19-08, 20:01
Hello,

I have a T-1 micro on a LaRue Mount along with a 3x Mag on a LaRue pivot mount.

I am having some dot issues. It is blooming a fair amount with the magnifier in place.

Would I have better luck with a 2 moa instead of the 4 moa T-1?

VooDoo6Actual
11-19-08, 21:20
Have you tried to turn down the reostat on the Aimpoint to LESSEN the blooming ?

jhova98040
11-20-08, 12:49
I'm not sure how exactly that is done (assuming it involves more than just turning the light intensity down using the nob).

thanks!

VooDoo6Actual
11-20-08, 15:28
That's it.

Have you tried that ?

jhova98040
11-20-08, 16:27
yeah that was the first thing I tried, it is at a very low setting right now.

DWood
11-20-08, 17:30
Hello,

I have a T-1 micro on a LaRue Mount along with a 3x Mag on a LaRue pivot mount.

I am having some dot issues. It is blooming a fair amount with the magnifier in place.

Would I have better luck with a 2 moa instead of the 4 moa T-1?
The T-1 does not have a 2 moa option. The 4 moa is really 3 +. Turn the power level down.

jhova98040
11-20-08, 17:32
by 2 moa i was meaning an M4. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Anyway, power is down very low and still has the same issue.

USMC03
11-20-08, 20:40
I have found that when using the Aimpoint x3 magnifier, the closer you can get the 3x magnifier to the Aimpoint the better. The dot is crisper and sight picture are both slightly clearer and head positioning doesn't seem to be as critical, when the 3x magnifier is closer to the Aimpoint as opposed to being further away.

Here is a picture of the LaRue T1 mount with the lever to the rear with the magnifier behind it.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/LMT%20with%20Short%20Dot/IMG_0384.jpg

If the LaRue T1 mount has the throw lever on the other side of the gun you can get the 3x magnifier one space closer to the T1 (ie. if you mount the T1 on the LaRue mount so that the throw lever is on the left side of the gun).

Not a T1, but a representation of how close the magnifier would be to the optic if you place it one space closer to the Aimpiont T1:
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk99/USMC03_photos/Noveske%20N4%20Recce%20Basic%20Black/IMG_0756.jpg

Knowing what I know now, I would have mounted all of my LaRue T1 mounts with the throw lever on the left side of the gun (throw lever pointing forward).

I don't know that this will solve your problem, but it's worth trying.

Just food for though.

S/F,
Jeff

Submariner
11-21-08, 05:25
Knowing what I know now, I would have mounted all of my LaRue T1 mounts with the throw lever on the left side of the gun (throw lever pointing forward).

Jeff - What do you know now that you did not know before?

SGTMAJ
11-21-08, 08:28
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p240/sgtmaj-15/photo-10.jpg

If you do the lever of the 3x on the left and the T-1 on the right it works as well

jhova98040
11-21-08, 12:15
thanks for the advice everyone.

i went ahead and mounted the 3x/T-1 on my MRP and moved them forward (a lot) further. Problem solved. The continuous rail of the MRP finally came in handy for me, previously I hadn't really utilized it.

akula88
11-26-08, 05:53
Does the dot also magnifies when used with the magnifier?

I mean -- if T1 would have an 3MOA+ dot, does it become a 9MOA dot?

Robb Jensen
11-26-08, 06:06
Does the dot also magnifies when used with the magnifier?

I mean -- if T1 would have an 3MOA+ dot, does it become a 9MOA dot?

No, the magnifier magnifies both the target and the dot, the dot will still be 3.2MOA. Something behind the Aimpoint can't physically change something within the Aimpoint.

akula88
11-26-08, 06:41
No, the magnifier magnifies both the target and the dot, the dot will still be 3.2MOA. Something behind the Aimpoint can't physically change something within the Aimpoint.

Great! Thanks.

CarlosDJackal
11-26-08, 13:02
I ran into this issue when I first got my T-1. I had just about given up when I tried something relatively simple that cleared up this issue (pun intended :D).

I cleaned the lenses of both the T-1 and the magnifier!! I hope it works out for you. :p

USMC03
11-26-08, 21:03
Jeff - What do you know now that you did not know before?

Sorry for the delayed response......Didn't see this when it was first posted. I didn't articulate myself too well in my first post.

I have found that when using the Aimpoint x3 magnifier, the closer you can get the 3x magnifier to the Aimpoint the better. The dot and picture are both slightly clearer and head positioning doesn't seem to be as critical.

If the LaRue T1 mount has the throw lever on the left side of the gun you can get the LaRue pivot mount / 3x magnifier one space closer to the T1 (the closer the better). With the LaRue T1 Mount throw lever on the left side of the gun, the distance between the front of the 3x Magnifier and the rear of the Aimpoint T1 will be close to the same as the distance between the 3x magnifier and the Aimpoint M4 in the picture above.

Hopefully that makes sense.

S/F,
Jeff