PDA

View Full Version : Help, you put the fear of god in me. M4 Feedramp

usafcustomM4
11-07-06, 08:54
Ok. Just read the M4 feedramp post( best info i think ive ever heard). I'm about 20% done with my M4-type rifle (lower almost done). Where do i purchase the barrels and uppers with the m4 type feed ramps because i want to build a 100% durable m4. and recomendations on brand. Thanks

usaf custom:p

OH yea, this is my first 100% build. no part kits etc...

baffle Stack
11-07-06, 10:24
LMT offers great uppers with M4 feedramps. I got mine from Bravo Co USA. Heres a link to their site. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

K.L. Davis
11-07-06, 11:54
Well... I didn't hope to scare anyone into thinking they had to have the ramps, there are plenty of guns out there that work just fine without them :)

But, if I was building a new gun, I would opt for them... simply based on the fact that while it is contentious that they really do help anything, they certainly do not hurt anything -- I am a terribly practical guy, but I am not going to pull the passenger seats out of my car just because I don't have any friends.

Hawkeye
11-07-06, 12:07
LMT, Bravo Company (BCM), CMMG, and my personal favorite Sabre all make good M4 barrels.
As for uppers, CMG/Stag, LMT, CMMG, or Sabre again. Or you can get fancy and use a VLTOR or Larue upper.

usafcustomM4
11-07-06, 12:55
Thanks alot guys. i didnt want to sound to much like a newbie....but i just didnt want to mismatch parts and have a lot of money in something that wont send rounds down range, or worse, protect my family if need be. thanks for all the oh so needed and much appreciated info.:D

C4IGrant
11-07-06, 15:46
For complete uppers, LMT is a good choice and available. BCM would be my first choice, but barrels are not available currently.

Sabre Defence is an excellent choice as well.

C4