PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Comp M4 vs M4s

Alaskapopo
11-20-08, 00:08
What are the pros and cons of each.
pat

Parabellum9x19mm
11-20-08, 00:20
M4S is less cluttered than the M4, because the battery and knob are lower down.

Not a big deal for me. I'm used to the older style aimpoints anyway...and when i want less clutter i go for the Micro

the downside to the M4S is that the brightness knob could possibly interfere with your magnifer or NVG mount, depending on configuration. probably wouldn't ever be an issue.

coming up with negatives for either optic is difficult. they're both good. you'd probably be fine with either as a duty optic. good luck!

Alaskapopo
11-20-08, 06:31
Thanks. I am planning on ditching my Eotech on my patrol rifle and going with the Aimpoint. What is the pros and cons of the M4 vs the micro aimpoint sight (T1)
Pat

nickdrak
11-20-08, 07:51
Thanks. I am planning on ditching my Eotech on my patrol rifle and going with the Aimpoint. What is the pros and cons of the M4 vs the micro aimpoint sight (T1)
Pat

Pat,

I prefer the 2moa dot of the M4 over the 4moa dot on the T1. They are both nice, just a personal preference for me due to the smaller dot appearing to be slightly sharper. The more I use the T1, the more I am getting used to the bigger 4moa dot.

I also find the smaller diameter tube of the T1 to make it slightly more difficult to pick up the dot when shooting from the "urban" or "roll-over" modified prone positions. Not impossible, just a little more difficult.

The T1 is definately lighter weight than the M4.

Battery life on both is outrageous!

Alaskapopo
11-20-08, 17:13
Thanks guys I just ordered the standard M4 from Larue because they were out of the S model.

pat

DWood
11-20-08, 17:27
the downside to the M4S is that the brightness knob could possibly interfere with your magnifer or NVG mount, depending on configuration.

I have an M4 and Larue Po Boy magnifier and they work together well. It is easy to change the intensity level with the magnifier up or down.

A friend has the M4s and Po Boy, and the magnifier gets in the way of changing the power level on the M4s. Not a big deal once you learn to reach over the top with your left hand to change the power setting.

And if you subscribe to setting it on 8 and never changing it, there is no issue.

Alaskapopo
11-21-08, 12:06
I just read the thread by USMC03 on the Aimpoint with the magnifier in the pivot mount and I decided to buy one. Ouch the Christmas bonus is been over spent but oh well. Great thread USMC03 thanks.
pat

Jay Cunningham
11-21-08, 12:12
Ouch the Christmas bonus is been over spent

Maybe you can get a bailout!

Alaskapopo
11-21-08, 15:35
Maybe you can get a bailout!

I wish all that money went to the corperate welfare bailouts. Lol.
Pat:p