PDA

View Full Version : Rush has advanced lung cancer

platoonDaddy
02-03-20, 13:53
Rush just announced he has advanced long cancer

OH58D
02-03-20, 14:21
Rush just announced he has advanced long cancer
Just heard that, and a shame. One of the best and loudest coherent Conservative voices out there. He has been a valuable asset for Conservatism for many years. Too bad he didn't quit the stogies a long time ago.

LoboTBL
02-03-20, 14:55
Sad to hear this. I've listened to him for decades. I wish him the very best.

Vic79
02-03-20, 15:01
Sad to hear this. I've listened to him for decades. I wish him the very best.

Serious question. Do you think rush really believed any of that stuff he droned on about hour after hour. Or do you think you saw it as a way to make money. I really think he could’ve just played up being a liberal Democrat just as easy as he could of conservative Republican.

jack crab
02-03-20, 15:01
Sorta like Paul Harvey. I can't remember a time when he wasn't there to listen to.

Vic79
02-03-20, 15:03
Sorta like Paul Harvey. I can't remember a time when he wasn't there to listen to.

Dude. Rush Limbaugh is not even in the same league as Paul Harvey.I don’t wish the guy any ill but after listening to 30 minutes of a show I want to run in the traffic.

mack7.62
02-03-20, 15:30
Serious question. Do you think rush really believed any of that stuff he droned on about our after hour. Or do you think you saw it as a way to make money. I really think he could’ve just played up being a liberal Democrat just as easy as he could of conservative Republican.

I don't have any problem believing he believes it why would you thing otherwise? I happen to agree with Rush's view of what America should be and also admire his charity work.

dwhitehorne
02-03-20, 15:59
Serious question. Do you think rush really believed any of that stuff he droned on about our after hour. Or do you think you saw it as a way to make money. I really think he could’ve just played up being a liberal Democrat just as easy as he could of conservative Republican.

I've listed to Rush for about 25 years and agree with much of what he says. He has been a conservative compass following the path of Mr Buckley. Clearly you don't care for his type of entertainment and that fine. I hope he can manage his illness as best as possible. David

LoboTBL
02-03-20, 16:08

Whether he believed in what he was saying or not is really immaterial; he delivered a message that resonated with a lot of Americans. That message got a lot of those people to get off their asses and actually go vote for some legitimately conservative candidates.

What I or anyone else believes about his sincerity really doesn't matter. Everyone has to find a niche and make a living. Rush found his and did it well. He probably could have read a different script if he was so inclined. If he was a liberal, he certainly hid it well and did a lot of damage to liberal causes.

26 Inf
02-03-20, 17:15

That is what I've always believed. I do wish him well, though.

OH58D
02-03-20, 17:39
Rush has made appearances at political rallies and Conservative events, including for President Trump. If he was just a disembodied mouthpiece on the air, you'd never see him put his reputation on the line by appearing in public with a politician. I believe he is totally legit, and what you hear/see is what the reality is.

mack7.62
02-03-20, 18:31
For years Rush has raised millions for Veteran and LE organizations his latest effort after Kaperdick stopped the Nike Betsy Ross shoe the Stand Up For Betsy Ross shirt sales has raised over $5 million for the Tunnels to Towers Foundation. You can go to his website and see the groups he sponsors.

https://rushlimbaughshowstore.com/pages/military-support

platoonDaddy
02-03-20, 19:24
Serious question. Do you think rush really believed any of that stuff he droned on about hour after hour. Or do you think you saw it as a way to make money. I really think he could’ve just played up being a liberal Democrat just as easy as he could of conservative Republican.

When Rush with with KC Royals, he was a conservative, never a Republican, a conservative.

Dude. Rush Limbaugh is not even in the same league as Paul Harvey.I don’t wish the guy any ill but after listening to 30 minutes of a show I want to run in the traffic.

What did Paul Harvey ever do for the vets? VERY little compared to Rush!!

Vic79
02-03-20, 19:28
Paul Harvey was an all-time great broadcaster. Like a Johnny Carson of the radio. Lots of people do great volunteer work that doesn’t make them a good broadcaster. Rush played to his base audience well. Nothing above that.

OH58D
02-03-20, 20:30
Paul Harvey was an all-time great broadcaster. Like a Johnny Carson of the radio. Lots of people do great volunteer work that doesn’t make them a good broadcaster. Rush played to his base audience well. Nothing above that.
Limbaugh was the primary mover in talk radio - before him it was nothing like it is today. His program is carried by over 400 radio stations nationwide, and advertisers have clamored to get a spot on his show. In addition, his broad reach has caused many a headache for the American Left because of his staunch Conservative beliefs and ability to breakdown the political morass into clear language for the average person not a political junkie.

Paul Harvey never had the reach of Rush Limbaugh. Harvey was always kind of a populist, leaning slightly Conservative, but only in short radio vignettes, not a 3 hour, 5 day a week program.

duece71
02-03-20, 20:41
Sad to hear about this. One of the only voices I listen to on the am radio at 40,000 feet over fly over country. I don’t agree with absolutely everything he says but he has always made some valid points and arguments IMO. He also loves to tear into the liberal left with a zeal that is enviable.

Dr. Bullseye
02-03-20, 22:33
This is terrible news. Rush has changed this whole country.

JDH1
02-04-20, 05:49
This is terrible news. Rush has changed this whole country.

For the better.

Watrdawg
02-04-20, 08:00
Definitely sad news. I've listened to him since the early 90's. Stage 4 Lung cancer is no joke.

26 Inf
02-04-20, 17:37
Stage 4 Lung cancer is no joke.

I would imagine that Limbaugh had pretty good insurance, how did it get to stage four without intervention?

I could see this in someone who didn't have medical insurance, or insurance with co-pays that they couldn't afford, who therefore didn't have regular checkups.

mack7.62
02-04-20, 18:43
I think he is going to go too.

Trump invites Rush Limbaugh to State of the Union following cancer diagnosis

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-invites-rush-limbaugh-to-state-of-the-union-address-following-cancer-diagnosis

And this.

Report: Trump to Award Rush Limbaugh with Medal of Freedom

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/04/report-trump-to-award-rush-limbaugh-with-medal-of-freedom/

hotrodder636
02-04-20, 18:46
He may be gruff, but he is a huge personality in the conservative world and will be a great loss as well. FWFS.

jmp45
02-04-20, 18:55
He may be gruff, but he is a huge personality in the conservative world and will be a great loss as well. FWFS.

That is for sure. Regardless what you may think of Rush, this country would be far different without him. He's been in our home for decades.

Sam
02-04-20, 20:56
I think he is going to go too.

Trump invites Rush Limbaugh to State of the Union following cancer diagnosis

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-invites-rush-limbaugh-to-state-of-the-union-address-following-cancer-diagnosis

And this.

Report: Trump to Award Rush Limbaugh with Medal of Freedom

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/04/report-trump-to-award-rush-limbaugh-with-medal-of-freedom/

Rush showed up and sat next to Melania. I think the wicked witch from California was having a duck fit as Trump introduced Rush. I love it.

titsonritz
02-04-20, 21:31
That was awesome watching the First Lady present Rush with the honor, choking back his emotion.

My prayers are out to him.

tb-av
02-04-20, 21:41
It was well deserved.

He has a unique way of simply saying out loud what a Liberal is and have no animosity attached. There are millions of people that still do not get that Liberals are a religion. It's not that they are bad people, simply that they have a set of life guidelines, rules, and thoughts that basically fly in the face personal freedoms.

OH58D
02-04-20, 23:13
It appeared that the Medal of Freedom was a surprise to Rush Limbaugh, unless I read something into his expression. He had no idea he was going to receive the medal?

titsonritz
02-04-20, 23:46
It appeared that the Medal of Freedom was a surprise to Rush Limbaugh, unless I read something into his expression. He had no idea he was going to receive the medal?

Or at least did not expect it to take place during the SOU.

mack7.62
02-05-20, 05:28
It appeared to me he was surprised, hanging with Trump yesterday they must have kept him off the internet.

PatrioticDisorder
02-05-20, 05:48
That was awesome watching the First Lady present Rush with the honor, choking back his emotion.

My prayers are out to him.

The entire state of the union speech was fantastic, honoring Rush was icing on the cake.

jsbhike
02-05-20, 06:54
I would imagine that Limbaugh had pretty good insurance, how did it get to stage four without intervention?

I could see this in someone who didn't have medical insurance, or insurance with co-pays that they couldn't afford, who therefore didn't have regular checkups.

Saw news that Shannen Daugherty has stage IV breast after recently being in remission so I would assume she was doing the recommended check up regimen and it still skipped the noticed lower levels of not good and went to really bad.

soulezoo
02-05-20, 11:47

Serious reply. Yes, Rush believes wholeheartedly all he puts out there.

Rush was my neighbor in '84-'85. A lot of what he does and how he does it is schtick. Purposely so and it has had its intended effect. But he does believe what he says. And as said earlier, he's a conservative first and foremost. It's just that the Republican party is the closest vehicle for his convictions. Rush is an interesting guy. He's devoted more to Christ than many know. I phrase it that way as I would not call him "religious". But, his family does have something of an evangelical background.

You may not like him or his message, but that doesn't make him lesser than you seem to want to portray.

soulezoo
02-05-20, 11:54

You're right. Rush is above Mr. Harvey in those "leagues" you speak of.
Now I am a fan of both and listened to Mr. Harvey for about 25 years until he retired. Both Paul and Rush are entertainers first and foremost. Both doing very different things.

The difference between the two is that Rush completely changed talk radio, became the King of it far outstripping Larry King who was top dog before Rush (Rush in the beginning used Larry as a mentor and sought his advice on occasion). Rush has had an impact on the nation as a whole in ways that Paul Harvey could not/did not. Paul Harvey is a national treasure in my book. But he's no Rush.
Again, because you don't like him, that takes nothing away from him.

26 Inf
02-05-20, 14:44
Saw news that Shannen Daugherty has stage IV breast after recently being in remission so I would assume she was doing the recommended check up regimen and it still skipped the noticed lower levels of not good and went to really bad.

My mom had lung cancer, hers was caught by a PA who was curious about the little shadow at the very bottom of an xray. They took half the lung and got the cancer.

I understand that there are different kinds of cancer, but dang, get seen.

jsbhike
02-05-20, 16:38
My mom had lung cancer, hers was caught by a PA who was curious about the little shadow at the very bottom of an xray. They took half the lung and got the cancer.

I understand that there are different kinds of cancer, but dang, get seen.

Maybe the PA was the difference.

Seen that happen a time or 2 with auto maintenance where someone has a knack for resolving problems others don't catch.

Whatever the reason, glad for your Mom, your family, and you that it all clicked right.

26 Inf
02-05-20, 17:07
Maybe the PA was the difference.

Seen that happen a time or 2 with auto maintenance where someone has a knack for resolving problems others don't catch.

Whatever the reason, glad for your Mom, your family, and you that it all clicked right.

No doubt, what the PA saw was totally unrelated to the reason the xray was taken.

Yep, for more years, she broke her pelvis the next year when she fell off the TOP of a step ladder putting seed out for her birds. She was a hoot and I miss her everyday.

titsonritz
02-05-20, 21:15
VP Pence said he spoke with Rush after he had left the capitol and that "...he (Rush) was very moved and told me he was going to spend the rest of life trying to earn it."

What a humble man.

OH58D
02-05-20, 21:26
I've listened to Rush for years, whenever I can. Knowing how important he was speaking to the masses every day, there was always a concern in the back of my mind of the day when he was no longer with us. I hear he has @ $700 million dollars - I hope he puts it to good use in getting himself well again, if that is possible.

soulezoo
02-05-20, 21:41
I remember when his wife had to pay for dinner one night. He's come a long way.

tb-av
02-05-20, 23:52
VP Pence said he spoke with Rush after he had left the capitol and that "...he (Rush) was very moved and told me he was going to spend the rest of life trying to earn it."

What a humble man.

He's one of the few people I would have liked to meet. He comes off as very approachable on many levels.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-06-20, 11:05
Complaints that Rush is getting the medal. If I saw it correctly, Gloria Alred and Jessee Jackson won it also.

Sam
02-06-20, 11:28
Here is a list compiled by wikipedia on all the recipients of this award from the first to the present.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients

Apparently the half Kenyan president gave out the award at a frenzy rate (115) in 8 years compared to Trump (15) in 3 years.

The left don't have any reason to complain about Rush getting his award. O gave Ellen Degenerate one.

pinzgauer
02-06-20, 11:58
Saw news that Shannen Daugherty has stage IV breast after recently being in remission so I would assume she was doing the recommended check up regimen and it still skipped the noticed lower levels of not good and went to really bad.She appears to have some "stuff" associated with publicity, is fighting for a $2.7 million remodel off her home due to fires and the insurance company is saying there was no structural or smoke damage. So they were accusing her of making a sympathy play.

As I would with anyone fighting cancer, I hope she gets well and survives this. Independent of Insurance legal challenges on her mansion.

pinzgauer
02-06-20, 12:01
Presidents get to pick who they give the medal to, just like pardons.

Comes with the office, and rarely do I agree with the pick. And just about always someone does not like the pick.

OH58D
02-06-20, 12:19
Here is a list compiled by wikipedia on all the recipients of this award from the first to the present.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients

Apparently the half Kenyan president gave out the award at a frenzy rate (115) in 8 years compared to Trump (15) in 3 years.

The left don't have any reason to complain about Rush getting his award. O gave Ellen Degenerate one.
Looking at that list, nothing seems out of the ordinary for Rush Limbaugh to receive it - and I'm glad he did.

C2Q
02-06-20, 20:15
Sad to have heard it. Glad he was honored.

Sam
02-07-20, 12:57
Hearing the comments by the drunk wicked witch about Rush's award made me want to puke in her face. My hatred for her now equals her hatred for Trump.

titsonritz
02-07-20, 19:02
Hearing the comments by the drunk wicked witch about Rush's award made me want to puke in her face. My hatred for her now equals her hatred for Trump.

I hear you man, she is ****ing gross. I have always despised her but her latest behavior has brought it over the top.