PDA

View Full Version : Prices: Sabre Defense vs Colt

C45P312
11-20-08, 07:22
I remember reading a thread about SB versus Colt. I could of sworn that SB didn't meet the fult TDP requirements especially compared to Colt. Nonetheless, I can upon this clip about Sabre Defense:

NASHVILLE, TN (July 15, 2008)- Sabre Defence Industries, LLC (SDI), a government contractor for the manufacture of machine gun parts and accessories and commercial XR15 rifles, is proud to announce that Sabre Defence has been awarded an IDIQ contract for a minimum of 4,952 M16A3 and 702 M16A4 rifles to support the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and foreign military customers. Nine bids were received with Sabre being only the third company in the 45-year M16 history, besides Colt and FN, to be awarded a contract to supply a Mil-Spec M16 to the U.S. government.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why SB prices are near to Colt's prices as they are?

Thanks

markm
11-20-08, 07:39
Can someone please enlighten me as to why SB prices are near to Colt's prices as they are?

Because people will pay for quality. There's a few areas that Sabre falls short. The biggest being the commercial receiver extensions.

scottryan
11-20-08, 07:46
I remember reading a thread about SB versus Colt. I could of sworn that SB didn't meet the fult TDP requirements especially compared to Colt. Nonetheless, I can upon this clip about Sabre Defense:

Thanks

Sabre can meet the full requirements if required.

For civilian production, they choose not to do so.

30 cal slut
11-20-08, 07:48
Because people will pay for quality. There's a few areas that Sabre falls short. The biggest being the commercial receiver extensions.

kind of annoying. then again, a replacement milspec receiver extension is what, another $30 on top of the purchase price (and I would be upgrading to a magpul stock anyways)?

markm
11-20-08, 08:03
Yeah. I don't have any Sabre lowers, but I have one upper.

Replacing the RE would be a relatively cheap and easy fix.

mmike87
11-20-08, 11:44
I went with Sabre uppers mainly because they pin the FSB's, use the "good" MilSpec steel, and park under the FSB (probably not a big deal, but it's a nice to have and certainly doesn't hurt.)

They are certainly no better than the BCM's, and cost more, but seem easier to find (but still not easy.)

I shunned their complete rifles for the previously mentioned reasons. I kick-ass upper with a dumbed-down lower. :rolleyes:

But it works just fine with my LMT lower.

That's the one thing that I really LOVE about AR's - mix and match to get the quality you're looking for and the best deals.